Bug Reporting - PLEASE FOLLOW RULES AND COMPLETE REPORTS Read more... ×

Patch 1.05 - Messed up wheel controls

I have the same issues but also for me when I press the “A” button to look behind it doesn’t do it I have changed and messed with all the settings and nothing is fixed 

What about changing car setup to bind it on wheel? atm I'm forced to use F3 on keyboard as there is no way to bind that key on whell (G920)

Is their any update regarding this?
For example, have you been actually able to reproduce the fault?
Can you confirm this is an issue your looking into?

I think there is more to it as along with all the wheel control functions on a 2nd account dont work properly, I have also found out other things dont work properly, but only on the 2nd account.
My main account has no issues whatsoever.
2nd account though, Steering wheel issue, Game crashes when trying to open email. Game crashes when trying to open Grand Prix mode.

I am quite willing to give you my details so you can log into my 2nd account if this will actually speed up the process.

All we ask is that you keep us informed.

My sons say they encountered the bug first in split screen pre patch 1.05 and it only affected one wheel. They just abandoned their attempts to wait for the patch. 

17 minutes ago, BarryBL said:

The issue is with developers awaiting a reproduction method and a diagnosis. We're continuing to test to get a consistent method of replication.

However, I have some advice from the devs. If you can test this and feedback to me here on what happened, it would be really appreciated:

"Could you ask for someone who’s got the issue to boot the game, then on the main menu unplug the wheel and plug in their Xbox controller. Then use the Xbox controller default setting (which it should automatically use) to load into the game and on the track. Drive around, check to see whether the camera is working correctly on that profile when using the controller instead of the wheel. Then they can plug their wheel back in (either on the track or back in the main menu) and using the default settings, check to see if the issue remains/has returned now they’ve got the wheel back in."

I have followed those instructions. Everything works perfectly fine on the controller. However, the camera issues still remain on the wheel.

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, BarryBL said:

"Could you ask for someone who’s got the issue to boot the game, then on the main menu unplug the wheel and plug in their Xbox controller. Then use the Xbox controller default setting (which it should automatically use) to load into the game and on the track. Drive around, check to see whether the camera is working correctly on that profile when using the controller instead of the wheel. Then they can plug their wheel back in (either on the track or back in the main menu) and using the default settings, check to see if the issue remains/has returned now they’ve got the wheel back in."

I tried this day one of the issue and it does no difference. something with the update has been mixed up with this part of the patch

When using a wheel car controls will no longer control the camera at race start ( a patch note from 1.05 update)

Edited by LBROWNE97

Im using Logitech G29 on PC

When i join the game, the gas throttle is binded to clutch pedal. Even if i change them, the throttle (on game) get stuck at the middle, keeping acellerating.

Already did all the restarts possible1

Im using VIP/Podium Pass , maybe theres something there as i saw other users complaining.

2 hours ago, BarryBL said:

The issue is with developers awaiting a reproduction method and a diagnosis. We're continuing to test to get a consistent method of replication.

However, I have some advice from the devs. If you can test this and feedback to me here on what happened, it would be really appreciated:

Controller appears to work fine. Went back to default wheel and problem persists

Thanks for the initial feedback guys, I'll want to get a wider amount of users reporting the same as yourselves so I can go back to devs with your information. I think the weekend should suffice in terms of time. For all users, please keep trying the test in my previous post and add your findings. Really good information guys, keep it up.

2 hours ago, BarryBL said:

I’ve tried this as well and the controller works fine then when replug the wheel it continues 

Posted (edited)

I have the same issue, Thrustmaster Tmx Pro, was working fine for the first week, then patch 1.05 happened and now full lock left camera looks to the left side and same when you turn right full lock camera looks to right side and press brake the camera looks backwards, it's unplayable. I have my controller plugged in at the same time as its easier to navigate the menus so don't know if this is causing a problem, the pad works fine and you don't have the camera issues with the pad, have tried reloading, different profile, unplugged the whole thing, powed the xbox down and powered back up, and still the problem persists. Please fix it as its a great game when it works. I have also just plugged my wheel in to my laptop and updated to the latest software, and tried it again on my xbox, still the same problems. It's unplayable 

Edited by Gezzaaa
Update

4 hours ago, BarryBL said:

Tried that the other day, on controller everything is fine, as soon as i plug in the wheel and use it, the bug is back, only with the wheel

1.       Camera looks back under braking, and looks left and right when steering

2.       Xbox One
3.       1.05
4.       Multiplayer, Ranked or Unranked
5.       Infinite Replication, everytime you brake the camera looks back, and every time you turn the camera looks in that direction 
6.       Leave and Rejoin session, Restart Game, Restart Xbox
7.       Thrustmaster TX + Ferrari F1 Rim

Posted (edited)

Ok.

Did exactly what you asked on main account - Worked perfectly.
Did it again on my 2nd account and the controller worked fine, however still had the same problem when I plugged my Thrustmaster TMX in. (XBOX)

I would also like to add that prior to testing this, everything was disconnected and unplugged and moved to another room for 4 hours as I was having new carpets fitted.

I would like to add that i have just gone into grand prix mode to test it. Now considering i wiped all my save data and started this character from scratch it has asked me to continue the grand prix race? (Wiped all data = Should be new race)
Does it save progress anywhere else?

Also on my 2nd account I can now access my email where i couldnt before.

Edited by DxT Rico
UPDATE

1. Camera looks back when breaking

2. Platform Xbox One X

3. F1 2020 version 1.05

4. My team

5. It happens every single breaking.

6. Restarted game, xbox, settings, wheel.

7. Thrustmaster TX with F1 addona and TLCM pedals.

This bug occur only on my wife account, on mine evrything is ok. When I get to settings game thinks we got Fanatec usb HUB and its on... Turned off wheel and connected controller. On Xbox wirless controler everything is ok so turn back wheel and choosed F1 thrustmaster addon instead of our own settings and bug still occur. Had to change clutch pedal for breaking and its ok so probably game is detecting break pedal as something else. 

Having the exact same problem.

Annoyingly my wheel worked perfectly before this update screwed it over.

The game is unplayable like this 

This might be related. My "look behind" button on my PS4 controller is bound to "L2", and during a flashback, when rewinding, I now always look backwards during the rewind (the "rewind" is also on L2 by PS4 default). It never used to be this case, until the latest patch the game could always tell that I was in a flashback and wanted to rewind the latest flashback, and so I was rewinding time, but still looking forward. But now with the newest patch it rewinds the time AND I look backwards at the same time. I feel this might be related.

22 hours ago, BarryBL said:

I've tried this also but it's still not working and the game is unplayable with my wheel (Thrustmaster 458 Italia)

On 7/24/2020 at 7:38 AM, BarryBL said:

Tried that the other day, on controller everything is fine, as soon as i plug in the wheel and use it, the bug is back, only with the wheel

I have stumbled onto a fix to this glitch.

(It does cause another minor issue but the game is playable)

If you open the MFD as soon as you can the look back on track and left right issue goes.

However the minor issue that comes from this is that when you brake you scroll down the MFD menu. 

Full lock one way or another DOES NOT increase or decrease set up.

Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, Hobo05 said:

I have stumbled onto a fix to this glitch.

(It does cause another minor issue but the game is playable)

If you open the MFD as soon as you can the look back on track and left right issue goes.

However the minor issue that comes from this is that when you brake you scroll down the MFD menu. 

Full lock one way or another DOES NOT increase or decrease set up.

Scratch that... Worked to start with then suddenly stopped working after the game crashed and I had to restart

Edited by Hobo05

I’ve never posted on this forum before, but i had to make an account because i am actually baffled how it’s been 4 days and my game is still unplayable with a wheel on xbox (g920). When i brake the camera looks back, when i accelerate the camera looks up and when i turn so does my view.

I always have patience with developers but when i’ve had to wait 4 days (who knows how many more) and there’s still been no fix to a bug that makes the game unplayable to wheel users is beyond a joke.  

I’ve payed my hard earn money to play a full finished product but this bug along with a whole bundle of other issues this game has is utterly ridiculous. 

Ban me from this forum or whatever but codemasters you need to sort yourself out. Stop spending your time promoting this broken game with FIFA youtubers to other unknowing buyers and start focusing on the core issues at hand. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 3