Bug Reporting - PLEASE FOLLOW RULES AND COMPLETE REPORTS Read more... ×
F1 2020 |NEW PATCH AND DRIVER RATINGS | READ ME!!! Read more... ×

Patch 1.05 - Messed up wheel controls

3 hours ago, BarryBL said:

To update everyone on this issue,

We have now reproduced this issue and are working on a fix. Realistically, it has a low chance of making Patch 1.07, but once we have a confirmed fix, it will be going into a patch as soon as we possibly can. 

Thanks Barry. Bad news is always better than no news. Although I suppose it is mixed news since CM at least now knows what the problem is.

I have both 2020 & 2018

On F1 2020 nothing helps in terms of rebooting, unplugging, I have even re-installed.

On F1 2018 it all works fine.

This is poor programming and testing and I am amazed a fix has not come out already. Unplayable at the moment!!

• Agree 1

Sorry, guys.
But the game is essentially the same every year.
Same engine, adding small features in the "career" mode.
And every year you take forever to correct the performance of the cars. The Ferrari engine remains the most powerful when it is the opposite.
You create bugs that did not exist in the previous version, and the game is almost the same.
How is that possible?

Just to try and help. I don’t have this issue whilst driving except for at the end of the formation lap when the AI takes over control.  As soon as the AI takes control then I get the issues that everyone else is reporting.  However luckily when I get to race the controls are fine again.  So Is this something to do with steering assist? I don’t have steering assist on.

https://formula1game.com/2020/news/f1-2020-patch-notes

So it looks like the fix for this hasn't made it's way into the 1.07 patch as feared, this is really poor.

How have you prioritised fixes for the following over a fix for an issue that makes the game unplayable?

• Brake boards are now present at turn 12 at Brazil
  • F1 cars use the players chosen number in multiplayer
  • Glove textures have been improved under certain conditions on track where they were previously appearing lower resolution

When am I going to be able to play the game I've bought??

3 minutes ago, Achorley said:

https://formula1game.com/2020/news/f1-2020-patch-notes

So it looks like the fix for this hasn't made it's way into the 1.07 patch as feared, this is really poor.

How have you prioritised fixes for the following over a fix for an issue that makes the game unplayable?

• Brake boards are now present at turn 12 at Brazil
  • F1 cars use the players chosen number in multiplayer
  • Glove textures have been improved under certain conditions on track where they were previously appearing lower resolution

When am I going to be able to play the game I've bought??

Although CM have said they are prioritising crashes and game-breakers, it doesn't mean they won't pick any low-hanging fruit (i.e. the fix is easy)

It is also clear they will keep releasing DLC to maintain the revenue stream and obviously the Pitcoin is also another cash generator. 

But for this, we can and should expect a much better product overall.

I've said it before the MP number fix is an important omission from the game for me but also to find my pedals not registering by the same token is highly annoying.

So when is 1.08 coming out? 

If this is an xbox only issue will we get a platform specific patch out fast?

Seems like a lot of people have this problem and, call me silly, it seems to me games are only fun when you get to play them. Not playing them for weeks- not so much.

I get that different teams work on different things, and so I get that other things will get done along the way and not every person at CM is working on this issue but.....

53 minutes ago, steviejay69 said:

Although CM have said they are prioritising crashes and game-breakers, it doesn't mean they won't pick any low-hanging fruit (i.e. the fix is easy)

It is also clear they will keep releasing DLC to maintain the revenue stream and obviously the Pitcoin is also another cash generator. 

But for this, we can and should expect a much better product overall.

I've said it before the MP number fix is an important omission from the game for me but also to find my pedals not registering by the same token is highly annoying.

I understand the reasoning low hanging fruit issues being resolved (I'm a QA engineer working at a software house).

What I don't understand how this issue was reported over a month ago and still doesn't have a resolution after two patch fix releases.

There is no excusing this...

4 hours ago, Acerees said:

Just to try and help. I don’t have this issue whilst driving except for at the end of the formation lap when the AI takes over control.  As soon as the AI takes control then I get the issues that everyone else is reporting.  However luckily when I get to race the controls are fine again.  So Is this something to do with steering assist? I don’t have steering assist on.

That’s also strange, anyway I don’t think steering assist it’s the reason, cause I play with no assist

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Achorley said:

I understand the reasoning low hanging fruit issues being resolved (I'm a QA engineer working at a software house).

What I don't understand how this issue was reported over a month ago and still doesn't have a resolution after two patch fix releases.

There is no excusing this...

Especially when it was not in the game originally, but only after being patched.

1 hour ago, Aef251 said:

Especially when it was not in the game originally, but only after being patched.

I'm not disagreeing with you. This game is a rerun of F1 2016 - a decent game killed by patch cycle.

Tail chasing and what happens when you release a piece of software that isn’t really ready for release.

People come to believe the bugs are the norm. So when they fix the bugs people complain because it has changed their norm. The wheel keeps turning.

But I believe there is a deeper issue with the F1 20XX Game development model and the requirement for a yearly release demand.

signs were arranged on the tracks and a
serious problem like the one reported by us is not fixed ??

I did notice that when doing a formation lap and the AI takes over when returning to grid position the steering and brake function are the same controls which is the problem everyone is having. Only realised about this when doing a league race with my account that works. Still cannot play on my second account due to the issue.

@BarryBL Just wondering about how the fix for this is going considering the last update we had was on 5th August.

23 hours ago, DxT Rico said:

@BarryBL Just wondering about how the fix for this is going considering the last update we had was on 5th August.

Fair enough, sorry, was on annual leave Friday.

We have a fix in test and is now scheduling for a upcoming patch.

On 8/17/2020 at 7:28 AM, BarryBL said:

Fair enough, sorry, was on annual leave Friday.

We have a fix in test and is now scheduling for a upcoming patch.

Hope your leave was relaxing. Well earned I’m sure.

So are we talking  a couple of weeks, a month, or more? Not holding you to it, just want a vague idea

11 minutes ago, Aef251 said:

Hope your leave was relaxing. Well earned I’m sure.

So are we talking  a couple of weeks, a month, or more? Not holding you to it, just want a vague idea

We are working on getting the patches out as soon as possible but, at the moment, I don't have a confirmed timeframe just yet. The fix is still in the testing phase so we are awaiting results on that

To give the best estimate I can, we have 1.08 planned soon, and our patch schedule will continue to be consistent.  

@BarryBL I am also having this issue with my Xbox one, patch 1.07.

When I brake full, the camera looks back. Also when I steer fully left or right the camera looks in that direction.
Oddly it is only observed on one user profile within the game. When I sign in to a different user profile on my Xbox, the issue isn’t present. I am using a thrustmaster TX Racing Wheel Ferrari 458 Italia Edition.

Really hope this makes it into the next patch -- the game is unplayable with this bug. Thank you!

Posted (edited)

Using the Logitech G920 after 1.07; I have the same issue where braking looks back and turning the steering wheel makes me look left/right. It only happens on my account so Hubby still gets to play. I'm just stuck in spectator mode until the next patch comes out. I know you guys are working hard though. Keep up the good work!

- Miss Damian

Edited: Hubby also noticed some inconsistencies while playing on his account. He has his AI difficulty maxed, drives manual, strict rules, and has no assists (because he's some kind of masochist). He's towards the end of his season so he's got a good team/car/driver/etc. But we're finding that other AI drivers can still beat him when they literally shouldn't be able to.

For example, two cars were pretty much bumper to bumper for at least 6 laps on one of the easier tracks (Meaning it wasn't Monoco and there were decent places to pass) Driver was on soft tires and consistently set fastest time every lap. But AI still managed to stay ahead on hard compound. 

Edited by DamianTerror
Added info