Forum Championship League | BELGIAN GP 22/01/2021 Read more... ×

The cars are too fast

As the title says, I feel like in F1 2020, Mercedes and the online equal cars are too fast compared to real life. I see from youtube that people can already do low 2s on Austria and low to mid 12s in Hungary while in real life Mercedes could just about do high 2s in Austria and mid 13s in Hungary.

I know this game is not a sim but still I wish that the lap times in this game would be at least closer to the times that they can do in real life.

In game        in real life
Austria:       1.02.4              1.02.9
Hungary       1.12.4               1.13.4

Edited by Mikulitsi

sure, its a imaginary car

if you want real performances use a realistic cars

Edited by squalles

Keep in mind that the lines used in F12020 are different than the lines used in real life. Also, the lap times in Austria and Hungary were not completed in ideal conditions like they usually are in online races.

7 hours ago, Mikulitsi said:

As the title says, I feel like in F1 2020, Mercedes and the online equal cars are too fast compared to real life. I see from youtube that people can already do low 2s on Austria and low to mid 12s in Hungary while in real life Mercedes could just about do high 2s in Austria and mid 13s in Hungary.

I know this game is not a sim but still I wish that the lap times in this game would be at least closer to the times that they can do in real life.

The tracks are not 100% accurate so it might have something to do with it and the game times are pretty close to the real ones, which is great. And remember, it's a game, not real life.

You can still drive a real one if you're so hung on rEaLIsM.

Edited by Nas00

Also, in the game you don't have any worries about throwing your car into the barriers and potentially seriously hurting yourself.

You also get unlimited number of chances when on time trial with zero tyre and engine wear and tyres in the optimal range at all times....

...which brings setups in. Setups are so aggressive on time trial and would never be used in race as they would shred the tyres very quickly. Real F1 teams have parc ferme to contend with so the setup used is the race setup, not just for a single fast lap time.

Edited by CarloLewis
  • Agree 3

8 hours ago, Mikulitsi said:

That just means that Bottas and Hamilton didn't push Merc to 100% in qualy sessions in real life. :classic_wink:

• Haha 1

If you consider that Lewis Hamilton only has one chance to get a good time in, you might get a better idea as to why the game is faster.

We can go round and round in Time Trial, finding every last bit of a second on a track without the car, the track or the tyre conditions changing even the slightest. Real drivers have an out lap, one chance for a fast lap, an in lap and are back in the garage. Ofcourse they stay very focussed and are more than capable of getting the most out of the car, but achieving a perfect lap in a single attempt is very hard. Even if you go out for multiple runs.

• Agree 6