Sign in to follow this  

[IMPROVEMENT] - Atmosphere on the stages

Personally, one of the best feelings when going to watch Wales Rally GB every year is standing in the misty forests and taking in the atmosphere around you, from the place itself and the spectators. One thing I love about the sound of rally is listening to the distant sounds of cars screaming towards your location (which already sounds awesome in the game on the replays), and the marshals blowing their whistles at different locations as the car approaches, along with the ringing of cowbells, the sounds of airhorns occasionally, and some cheers from the crowd. I would absolutely love that to be added, to make the atmosphere close to the magic of actually being on a stage.

No ta, I'm simulating being sat inside a really sodding loud rally car! 

In fairness, whistles when approaching are never going to be heard by a driver, and the other sounds are realistically only going to be heard by those outside the car. Or are you talking about replays?

Also, is that an international thing or a British thing? I'm not certain, but I don't think I heard that in Belgium or Spain, can't remember about Sweden.

But anyway, those are the areas I try to avoid when at the rallying, so I'm biased :pensive: 

I'll add that from my perspective, the atmosphere on stages is spot on - right amount of spectators, in the right places.

In fairness, whistles when approaching are never going to be heard by a driver, and the other sounds are realistically only going to be heard by those outside the car. Or are you talking about replays?

Also, is that an international thing or a British thing? I'm not certain, but I don't think I heard that in Belgium or Spain, can't remember about Sweden.

But anyway, those are the areas I try to avoid when at the rallying, so I'm biased :pensive: 

I'll add that from my perspective, the atmosphere on stages is spot on - right amount of spectators, in the right places.

To be fair, many of the stages in game would be cancelled due to moronic spectators standing dangerous so no, not the right places ;) lol

Not every rally has marshals with whistles; only events with strict safety rules usually sound off before the car gets to the area that marshal is on, to make sure nobody is still on the track whilst, say, crossing to get to the other side of the track for a better view. 

I agree that inside the car it would be pointless, but perhaps I should have been more clear in my wishes; I'd like the whistles, etc. to be present during replays, to give it a better atmosphere like you're actually there watching it, or on the tele, if you get me. 

Yes 100% need more atmosphere, graphically with camera flashes, spectators etc to audible clues like air horns, whistles etc. Really adds to the whole immersion and having been to many rally's I can relate to what the original poster is asking for.

before we get the sound of cowbells and so on , the big thing in increasing rally atmosphere would be the improvment of the spectator camera flashes , especially at night. Its simulated in DR , but the flashes need to be much more intesive @ night.

If someone agrees on this , here's my 10 cents:

http://forums.codemasters.com/discussion/20938/improvement-more-realistic-camera-flashes-on-night-stages-in-spectator-zones#latest