F1 2020 | PODIUM PASS SERIES 2 NOW LIVE| READ ME!!! Read more... ×
F1 2020 | CODEMASTERS PC FORUM CHAMPIONSHIP | LOOKING FOR DRIVERS Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  

25% ranked is already dead: make it more rewarding for the player

Posted (edited)

In the first to weeks or so after the release I had no problem finding a lobby with players for 25% race distance in ranked.
Now, it is almost impossible. Even when I try to start a lobby no one joins in.
The reason is simple, imho. Sprint races take less time, they require zero strategy and thus you can easily farm more ranking points.

My proposal: make 25% races much more rewarding than 5 laps (e.g. if a 5 laps victory grants the player 100 points, make 25% grant at least 500 points, I think this proportion between rewards should be fair enough)

Your thoughts?

Edited by D4rio
  • Agree 2

I never do ranked 25% because I cba to get taken out near the end but if they made it much more rewarding I would probably play it

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

For me, the only problem with 25% races is the same as 5-lappers.  Some wonderful person follows you around until the last lap, then overtakes in the straight and slams you into the wall, bounces off and continues on merrily to the finish line.

If that happens after 4 laps, it's very annoying.  If that happens after 17 laps, I'd probably eat my steering wheel.  🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Agree 2