Bug Reporting - PLEASE FOLLOW RULES AND COMPLETE REPORTS Read more... ×
F1 2020 |NEW PATCH AND DRIVER RATINGS | READ ME!!! Read more... ×

Multiplayer Suttering/Freezing. [BUG]

Since this is also linked with Connectivity Issues I thought I'd leave this here as well. @BarryBL if you could please look at this with your team as I'm not the only one getting it and it's really annoying for when in League Races etc. Thanks!

1.       A detailed description of the issue. Please include any error codes here.

In Multiplayer I randomly Freeze/Stutter no matter what I do. I tried lowering the graphics and it didn't do much. It's very annoying as in League Racing I lose a few seconds and crucial positions and it makes it for a very uncomfortable experience. It occurs when people leave/join the session but also occurs randomly in the lobby.

2.       Platform

PC

3.       What version of the game you are using (Shown on the start screen in the bottom left corner of the screen) 

4.       Game-mode? 

Multiplayer

5.       What are your replication numbers? Minimum test attempts are 4. Please also add EXACT replication steps for us to try too. 

Everytime I play Multiplayer.

6.       What troubleshooting have you attempted? Please always try to attempt to fix the issue 

I've tried Lowering the Graphics / Online solutions such as change Windows Settings, NVIDIA settings. / Verify Integrity Files / Uninstall and Reinstall.

7.       What peripherals are you are using (gamepad, wheel make & model etc) 

G29 Logitech

8.       Any screenshots or video of the issue? If the video is long, please include a timestamp for when the issue appears.   

https://streamable.com/1jzsjo

• Agree 1

Same issue here, some of the stutters are cause when someone joins lobby, but also there is a lot of random ones just during race.

It's new since new patch, this wasn't an issue before 1.05

same issue.  too many freez in online race

the problem seems to occur after the last patch

2 hours ago, FurbeyI said:

same issue here is there any solution ?

The MP lag / stutter is fixed. This topic should be marked solved.

22 minutes ago, steviejay69 said:

The MP lag / stutter is fixed. This topic should be marked solved.

yeah but where can i see the solution to that because i still have that problem

Just now, FurbeyI said:

yeah but where can i see the solution to that because i still have that problem

If you are getting lag when people join you should look at your connection. 

Wired connections are better regardless of console or PC. Consoles are more likely to have WiFi because they're for kids and governed by Mum & Dad's cluelessness about tech.

6 minutes ago, steviejay69 said:

If you are getting lag when people join you should look at your connection. 

Wired connections are better regardless of console or PC. Consoles are more likely to have WiFi because they're for kids and governed by Mum & Dad's cluelessness about tech.

it happens randomly in races or quali even when im only spectating i play on Pc and have a wired connection witch i would say is decent i had the same problem in f1 2019 my specs are

GeForce GTX 1080 TI
Intel Core I7-7700k 4GHz
Ram 32Gb

fWd.PNG.d14e21738c43b5b2d14a0e8f68610119.PNG

1 minute ago, FurbeyI said:

it happens randomly in races or quali even when im only spectating i play on Pc and have a wired connection witch i would say is decent i had the same problem in f1 2019 my specs are

GeForce GTX 1080 TI
Intel Core I7-7700k 4GHz
Ram 32Gb

fWd.PNG.d14e21738c43b5b2d14a0e8f68610119.PNG

Then you should look at your network drivers, BIOS, etc. Post a dxdiag. Honestly, if you've spent a load of money on a PC then tune it.

Although, it has come to pass we have seen odd issues with budget internet provision. 

Edited by steviejay69

3 minutes ago, steviejay69 said:

Then you should look at your network drivers, BIOS, etc. Post a dxdiag.

DxDiag.txt

• Thanks 1

Just now, steviejay69 said:

Can you post your board make and model please? ASUS ???

i have a ASUS Z170-A

Uninstall the ASMedia driver if there is a driver package in Programs and Features.

If not, (and afterward anyway) from Device Manager, uninstall the device and check the checkbox to delete (remove) the driver software.

Restart and let WU / Inbox install the W10 driver. This USB driver often causes system latency.

I will post an update for your board and why do you have a really small G: partition on the SSD?

UEFI 3802

Run the IDSA and let it update chipset, LAN, etc.

You are getting a WlanMgr.exe WER error - have you got an old ASUS WiFi adapter that you've left the software on for? Uninstall it.

Try those first, pretty sure they'll sort it.

45 minutes ago, steviejay69 said:

Uninstall the ASMedia driver if there is a driver package in Programs and Features.

If not, (and afterward anyway) from Device Manager, uninstall the device and check the checkbox to delete (remove) the driver software.

Restart and let WU / Inbox install the W10 driver. This USB driver often causes system latency.

I will post an update for your board and why do you have a really small G: partition on the SSD?

i did the bios update now and got rid of the wifi adapter stuff i just wanna know what the ASMedia driver does is it an essential driver for windows ?

Edited by FurbeyI

1 hour ago, FurbeyI said:

i did the bios update now and got rid of the wifi adapter stuff i just wanna know what the ASMedia driver does is it an essential driver for windows ?

It's a driver for the secondary USB 3.0 chip. It will be in your manual but most likely some ports may be coloured red, typically USB is black and USB SS is blue (and some red in your case I think).

Only other 'standard's are orange for 'always on' ports, but some manufacturers stick with black and tiny embossed or stamped labels on the socket mount in the chassis.

4 hours ago, steviejay69 said:

can i just uninstall the drivers and windows will automaticly reinstall them when i restart my pc ? 

image.png.fa6a4a3b245d57a1d77716c0f3248cad.png this are the only ones i have 

Edited by FurbeyI

24 minutes ago, FurbeyI said:

can i just uninstall the drivers and windows will automaticly reinstall them when i restart my pc ? 

image.png.fa6a4a3b245d57a1d77716c0f3248cad.png this are the only ones i have 

Yes, pick the 'delete the driver software for this device'....or it will just reinstall it.

image.png.5011db9383f23d3ef0bc2576e6fe11de.png

Box shown against LAN controller as my USB is on a WU driver.

4 minutes ago, steviejay69 said:

Yes, pick the 'delete the driver software for this device'....or it will just reinstall it.

image.png.5011db9383f23d3ef0bc2576e6fe11de.png

Box shown against LAN controller as my USB is on a WU driver.

i did this and now there is this one

image.png.fef52089294c2e8f984a6ee2074645f1.png 

3 minutes ago, FurbeyI said:

i did this and now there is this one

image.png.fef52089294c2e8f984a6ee2074645f1.png 

Delete both and restart.

3 minutes ago, steviejay69 said:

Delete both and restart.

this is the only ASMedia driver i have and i appears i cant delete it without it automaticly reinstalls  image.png.85888aff2be2ba7c8bdb5bf1625facdc.png