Sign in to follow this  

Motorsport Stuff thread

So this just happened in FIA F3, scary stuff

<iframe src="https://vine.co/v/iE1Lt2qt6eK/embed/simple" width="600" height="600" frameborder="0"></iframe><script src="https://platform.vine.co/static/scripts/embed.js"></script>

Crikey, that was a biggie. Apparently all of them are ok for now, but two went to hospital for checks if I'm right.

Yea, who needs coffee when you can crash into an object at full speed to wake yourself up :# Another crash that shows how safe these cars are at all levels, when I watched it I was like how can anyone survive that.

Didn't watch it unfortunately, watched C4's F1 coverage and then Reverse Gear, but knowing that result I'll absolutely catch it when it's up on Indy's YT channel!

Didn't manage to watch it but will certainly watch the highlights. Fantastic result though!

What a year, from GP2 to F1 reserve driver to F1 back marker to Indy 500 winner, amazing!

Just realised, this weekend is going to be awesome! We have Le Mans, Formula 1, MotoGP, and BTCC :) Gonna have to set up multiple screens and streams I think lol

Just realised, this weekend is going to be awesome! We have Le Mans, Formula 1, MotoGP, and BTCC :) Gonna have to set up multiple screens and streams I think lol
Next MotoGP round is the 26th :p

I've got the Sky + box set up to record the WEC highlights on C4, then all of Quest's coverage of Le Mans, the HDD box to record the BTCC and I'll watch the F1. What a weekend!

As @APR193 said Motogp is next weekend. But combine that with EURO (not sure you Brits would like to think about it :p ) and Copa America and you get a hell of a weekend!

mike96 said:
As @APR193 said Motogp is next weekend. But combine that with EURO (not sure you Brits would like to think about it :p ) and Copa America and you get a hell of a weekend!
Did the Greeks even qualify? ;)

APR193 said:
Next MotoGP round is the 26th :p
My bad, just looked at the calendar again and I think I just scanned it and mistook July 17th for June 17th :p Still loads of motorsport at least!

fIsince08 said:
mike96 said:
Did the Greeks even qualify? ;)

no at least I haven't seen them at the tournament.

Been clearing my camera off the last few days, so a few relevant pictures for the thread. One very cool Formula 5000 Lola from American Speedfest at Brands Hatch... 

...and a few from this years 24 hours of Le Mans. Disappointingly all of my fave photography spots from my last visit to Le Mans (2014) have now been blocked off or turned into hospitality areas, Tertre Rouge was the only spot I could find that was both clear of fence and within range for my lens! 

Few more shots from Le Mans here:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/22961613@N06/albums/72157669407553010

If anyone is interested! 

It looks as though Motors TV is gone for good.

https://f1broadcasting.co/2016/07/05/what-the-future-holds-for-motors-tv/

Ah I used to love Motors TV when I was little. Best of Crash was the best.

Few pictures from the 6R4.net trackday held at Curborough a few weeks ago...

...there were a few intruders in the paddock as well. One had a blue oval on the front...

...and another had a great ass.  ;) 

Few more pictures here: 

https://www.flickr.com/photos/22961613@N06/albums/72157670994058216

If any of you are interested! 

Well done to the FIA who, exactly a year after Jules Bianchi died, sent a crane out onto the outside of a racetrack to recover a car under double waved yellows in an F3 race today.

https://twitter.com/TomDillmann/status/754677481643372548?lang=en-gb

Few photos from my motorsport outings in the last month. Couple from the British Rallycross Championship at Lydden...

...few from the World Rallycross Championship at Loheac...

...and finally some shots from the European Grasstrack Championship at Swingfield:

First time I've watching grasstrack and I was very impressed: a bunch of lunatics on bikes and even bigger nutters in the sidecars!

This is massive news :o
https://www.audi-mediacenter.com/en/press-releases/audi-with-new-motorsport-strategy-formula-e-instead-of-wec-6980

Wow, I wasn't expecting them to pull out so quickly, I was thinking end of 2017 perhaps.

This is gonna hurt the WEC hugely, Audi have been an integral part of endurance racing for the last 20 years or so, it's gonna be odd without them, but at the same time it makes sense, it seemed odd for the VW group to run two of their brands against each other.

LMP1 need another manufacturer to get involved very soon, Porsche v Toyota is good but there needs to be another.

This kinda surprised me it happened so soon. I figured it wouldn't happen until another manufacturer legitimately joined. I thought if Nissan could get it together and be competitive that Audi would pull out leaving three strong manufacturers. Having two VAG teams was a little odd. 

I expext Porsche to have a boost now and be more successful over Toyota. Hopefully someone comes in to make it more interesting. But LMP1 has survived with a small field before

It's not the end of the world. Audi have given a lot to the WEC but the LMP1 class has survived with only two teams before and has had many great Le Mans in recent times with only two teams in the mix - such as the classic race in 2011 which was just Audi vs Peugeot. 

With Porsche now in prime position to extend their advantage in the Le Mans 'all time wins' list and Toyota just utterly desperate to win it for the first time after getting screwed this year, the fight between those two should still be a good one presuming they stay evenly matched.