Sign in to follow this  

Motorsport Stuff thread

Not sure if anyone is interested, but a few of my fave motorsport pictures from 2016:

http://fueltopia.co.uk/rear-view-mirror-2016/

Hughesy said:
This is massive news :o
https://www.audi-mediacenter.com/en/press-releases/audi-with-new-motorsport-strategy-formula-e-instead-of-wec-6980

Ew.
Like...I fucking hate Formula E being taken seriously in any way, now we have Audi jumping ship from the WEC to the Wacky Races sponsored by Pikachu.

Formula E certainly has its issues at the moment, the gimmicks need refining massively, but I really do see it becoming more and more successful in the future. The fact all these big manufacturers are jumping over there shows how seriously it should be taken.

Also, the racing is fantastic in Formula E. Last season was amazing, every single race had something going on. Makes Formula 1 look comparatively boring.

The racing definitely is amazing. It would be nice if we saw that kind of racing in a series with actual respectable speeds in it.

This happened about 10 minutes ago, probably the scariest crash I've seen happen at RoC so far.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fhz_2gSpT_Y

Some super lucky stuff in the end, hadn't seen it yet, they got away with that one.

I'm going to the Isle of Man TT this year, in the paddock/pits with one of the teams. I don't particularly like motorbike racing but this is something I can't miss!

Oooh, nice one man, that will be great fun I'm sure!

My aims for this year is to see the WEC at Silverstone in April, possibly the World Rallycross at Lydden Hill, and also the BTCC at Silverstone, uni dates permitting.

Unfortunately it doesn't look like F1 is doing testing at Silverstone this year (it's at Hungary instead), so unless I go to watch Friday practice I doubt I'll see any this year. I can't justify spending all that cash for Saturday or Sunday at the moment.

Robert Kubica has officially joined the WEC in a P1 privtaveer team! Really excited about this, he's one of my favorite drivers and it's great to see him return to top level motorsports. 

http://www.motorsport.com/wec/news/kubica-joins-bykolles-for-full-wec-campaign-870582/ 

MBKF1 said:
Oooh, nice one man, that will be great fun I'm sure!

My aims for this year is to see the WEC at Silverstone in April, possibly the World Rallycross at Lydden Hill, and also the BTCC at Silverstone, uni dates permitting.
Get to Lydden if you can: last time the World Rallycross is going to be there for the foreseeable future, so it's definitely going to be worth it.

Got four World Rallycross rounds planned for this year, couple of British Rallycross Championship rounds, Blancpain and British GT at Brands, plus hopefully some motocross and grasstrack as well! 

Watching a Daytona 500 live stream on YouTube. My goodness, the amount of ad breaks is ridiculous. Literally 5 mins of racing, 3 mins of adverts, repeated. All the on board cameras have sponsors. It's mad!

I didn't realise how lucky we are in the UK to have uninterrupted F1 races, I couldn't deal with this amount of breaks.

MBKF1 said:
Watching a Daytona 500 live stream on YouTube. My goodness, the amount of ad breaks is ridiculous. Literally 5 mins of racing, 3 mins of adverts, repeated. All the on board cameras have sponsors. It's mad!

I didn't realise how lucky we are in the UK to have uninterrupted F1 races, I couldn't deal with this amount of breaks.
That's because you got no food in house and no friends. Americans watch sporting events with #BUUUUUDDDIES and loads of snacks and they eat a fucking lot and refill during each and every one of these ad-breaks.

Also, the Daytona 500 was fucking awesome, was it not?

Anyone else think this is an absolute steal? Can't see any of them not finishing in the top 2.. only one i have a little bit of doubt over is Marquez though..

Alonso Indy testing live 

https://youtu.be/UXh9uxthFnk

We did some noise testing on our Formula Student car at uni today, we ran our new exhaust on the old engine and hit 110dB, which is bang on the limit. It's also quite loud when you're standing next to it, you can feel the sound waves through your feet!

Few photos from my first few motorsport outings of 2017. Starting with the opening round of the World Rallycross Championship in Barcelona...

...round two of the British Rallycross Championship at Lydden...

...round three of the British Motocross Championship at Canada Heights...

...and round two of the Blancpain GT Series Sprint Cup Championship at Brands Hatch...

...round four of the World Rallycross Championship this weekend: can't wait! 

So, it's less than a fortnight until I go to the Isle of Man TT for the first time! I'm gonna be in the paddock with Weardale Racing but will have plenty of time around the course, I can't wait to see the speed of the bikes for real!

fIsince08 said:

So, it's less than a fortnight until I go to the Isle of Man TT for the first time! I'm gonna be in the paddock with Weardale Racing but will have plenty of time around the course, I can't wait to see the speed of the bikes for real!

The TT has been on my "to do" list for years now! Looks to be a brilliant week, enjoy!

I could swear we had an IndyCar thread...

Anybody else watching the first day of Indy 500 qualifying? I know @Hughesy is. Alonso sitting 3rd right now and looking strong. Bourdais has just had a pretty big crash though after being easily the fastest on his frist 2 laps, really nasty looking crash. He was concious when he came to a stop but I wouldn't be surprised if he had some kind of injury from it.

Managed to find a YouTube stream of it, but yeah, what a biggie that was for Bourdais :/ Got everything crossed for him.

Rooting for Fernando though, doing pretty well at the moment!

MBKF1 said:

Managed to find a YouTube stream of it, but yeah, what a biggie that was for Bourdais :/ Got everything crossed for him.

I had a really good Acestream link for it, but soon as it switched to ESPNews I had to find a webstream. Nowhere near as good :(

So Sato just went top, but he'll still crash in the race anyway :D It amazes me that he's an Andretti driver.

MBKF1 said:

I had a really good Acestream link for it, but soon as it switched to ESPNews I had to find a webstream. Nowhere near as good :(

So Sato just went top, but he'll still crash in the race anyway :D It amazes me that he's an Andretti driver.

Yeah mine went down too, haven't bothered finding another as I'm tired and off to bed soon anyway haha.

I love the mirror cameras they have on the IndyCars. Riding along with Alonso during his run, you could see him breathing deeply along the straights and then holding it more through the corners. Really cool!

Multiple pelvis fractures and a hip fracture for Bourdais. Such a shame considering the speed he had in the car :(

https://twitter.com/IndyCar/status/866089492548943873