Sign in to follow this  

Motorsport Stuff thread

So far I haven't maximized my Sunday, still watching the race! :p 

guessit's moer entertaining than you thought it would be :p
Oh I knew it'd be entertaining :p Just figured I'd keep up with it via Twitter, but it's been too interesting.

@VetteIfan this boat is not making me sea sick at least!

mike96 said:
Apparently Webber's ok.
Yea he's just given the thumbs up. Thank goodness! When his car was first shown it looked almost as if the front was missing and the back was destroyed, glad that it was just the camera angle that hid the front of the car and it wasn't much much worse.

I believe   some changes were made earlier this year due to some other fatal accidents at that last part of the track, maybe that saved Mark's life

mike96 said:
I believe   some changes were made earlier this year due to some other fatal accidents at that last part of the track, maybe that saved Mark's life
Maybe. It's that or the ridiculously (in a good way) strong safety cell in the prototypes.

Any crashes in Brazil S3 are always gonna be big ones. Thankfully he's okay, but it's a pity it put a slight shadow on Porsche's first WEC win. 

I don't understand why some oval crashes does not get so big as crashes on Interlagos last sector.

There still might be ford teams, they just wont receive funding directly from Ford.
I've never really liked Nissan, so they're top of the list now. (It's okay though since all the Nissan drivers are pretty average at best). 

Remember children, if you don't hate at least one team in each chosen motorsport you're not a real fan. :P 

It's all really very sad, even though I'm a Holden dude, and I've grown up with the whole Holden vs. Ford thingy and watching them race V8s. With the rule changes being revealed on Wednesday including changing engine rules and category name, it's all looking pretty scary. Just as long as there's dominant V8s. No matter though... I don't even know if I'm gonna get Foxtel anyways.

In all seriousness i'm pretty much on the same page as you, loosing Ford is such a huge blow since how iconic it is for the V8 Supercar name and soon we might see Holden going down the same path. Maybe not in 2015 but maybe 2016 we'll think about getting foxtel, with 2015 being the last year of channel 10's full F1 coverage.

There still might be ford teams, they just wont receive funding directly from Ford.
I've never really liked Nissan, so they're top of the list now. (It's okay though since all the Nissan drivers are pretty average at best). 

Remember children, if you don't hate at least one team in each chosen motorsport you're not a real fan. :P 
Same as the rest of V8 drivers then ?  ;)

I hope that was a joke ;P top half the field at least in V8's are world class

... :'( 

888197 said:
It's all really very sad, even though I'm a Holden dude, and I've grown up with the whole Holden vs. Ford thingy and watching them race V8s. With the rule changes being revealed on Wednesday including changing engine rules and category name, it's all looking pretty scary. Just as long as there's dominant V8s. No matter though... I don't even know if I'm gonna get Foxtel anyways.
There are rumors suggesting that they may allow two door cars to compete with Mustang being mentioned.

Lexus are interested in entering, Chrysler and BMW also rumoured to be interested. By the time Ford leave you may not even notice that they're not there

APR193 said:
Lexus are interested in entering, Chrysler and BMW also rumoured to be interested. By the time Ford leave you may not even notice that they're not there
Yeah but once Ford leaves i won't be watching .

APR193 said:
Why? Even if you're a Ford fan that doesn't make sense.

APR193 said:
APR193 said:
Because i follow Ford not Holden, Nissan, Merc or Volvo.

APR193 said:
APR193 said:
Because i follow Ford not Holden, Nissan, Merc or Volvo.
Still doesn't make sense. I'm a massive Kawasaki fan but when they left MotoGP, despite me not caring about any of the other manufacturers in it I watch it more than I ever have. If Ferrari dropped out of F1 I wouldn't stop watching. I support Volvo in V8s but I watched it before they were in it and I'll watch it if/when they leave. People are blowing this whole Ford are leaving thing way out of proportion. Other manufacturers will take their place. I'm not biased towards either Ford or Holden, but it would be a much bigger dent in the championship if Holden left.

I don't think you understand how much Ford/Holden is a culture in Australia. Its not just supporting a team/manufacturer, its way more than that. I don't think there's a comparison or easy way to explain it.