Sign in to follow this  

Motorsport Stuff thread

Really good work, but telling us you were flicking through your GF's photos is asking for trouble :p 

fIsince08 said:
Really good work, but telling us you were flicking through your GF's photos is asking for trouble :p 
noo I had the photo saved from back when she uploaded them, just only got round to doing the piece yesterday :p

Nice bit of news for the WRC...

http://m.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/117506

...would be great to see one or two more Japanese marques back on board again!

Do any of you read Sniff Petrol? If you don't it's basically a load of made up articles about cars and motorsport, and they're really funny to read!

I think we should set up some kind of blog website of a similar nature, but focusing just on motorsport? We can all write a short funny article and we can post them up for people to read and basically have a laugh at! 

I can think of some good ones to do with F1 right now, such as 'F1 bans mid-season facial hair changes'. Just a bit of fun! Any thoughts on a name? :p

I don't know, he's moving a lot quicker than Lewis when it comes to starting a family. Never know, perhaps that will happen on track as well!

I was talking about it on Twitter, but I thought to myself earlier: I need to go and watch some live motor sport this year!

I had a think about what I could perhaps go and see that wasn't too expensive, and I thought of World RallyCross at Lydden Hill! Had a look at their tickets online and it's £25 for general admission on the Sunday, and maybe £35 if I want a grandstand seat. I've really gotten into RallyCross the last year or so, so I'm really considering buying a ticket.

I was talking about it on Twitter, but I thought to myself earlier: I need to go and watch some live motor sport this year!

I had a think about what I could perhaps go and see that wasn't too expensive, and I thought of World RallyCross at Lydden Hill! Had a look at their tickets online and it's £25 for general admission on the Sunday, and maybe £35 if I want a grandstand seat. I've really gotten into RallyCross the last year or so, so I'm really considering buying a ticket.
BTCC tickets are very similar in price ;)

Yeah I know and as it happens, Chris pointed that out to me on Twitter as well! :p I've been to the BTCC a few times and had an awesome time, but RX is completely different and I'd love to go and see it first hand. There's loads of short and snappy races, the track at Lydden Hill is short so you can probably see all the cars all the time. Just something different.

Yeah I know and as it happens, Chris pointed that out to me on Twitter as well! :p I've been to the BTCC a few times and had an awesome time, but RX is completely different and I'd love to go and see it first hand. There's loads of short and snappy races, the track at Lydden Hill is short so you can probably see all the cars all the time. Just something different.
Last time I saw motorsport live was WSR in 2011

I went with.family big mistake because all they Did was queue for the simulator. Missed all of Mr D Ricciardo's lovely driving @Lukedfrt what would.you see if you had the choice

Juice29 said:
I went with.family big mistake because all they Did was queue for the simulator. Missed all of Mr D Ricciardo's lovely driving @Lukedfrt what would.you see if you had the choice
Have to be the Spanish GP! 

WEC is at Silverstone in 2 weeks. £35 for a Sunday ticket isn't too shabby, considering you get 6 hours of action. I was planning to go with some guys from my Uni course (I study Motorsport Engineering so it's kind of a big thing), but I forgot I had a prior engagement on the 12th. 

I'm all booked for the F1 at Silverstone though. Will be my 4th time there. Past 3 times I've gone I've only been there for race day. This year I'm there for 3 days, so I'm pretty stoked about that. 

VetteIfan said:
WEC is at Silverstone in 2 weeks. £35 for a Sunday ticket isn't too shabby, considering you get 6 hours of action. I was planning to go with some guys from my Uni course (I study Motorsport Engineering so it's kind of a big thing), but I forgot I had a prior engagement on the 12th. 

I'm all booked for the F1 at Silverstone though. Will be my 4th time there. Past 3 times I've gone I've only been there for race day. This year I'm there for 3 days, so I'm pretty stoked about that. 
I was considering heading to the WEC. I still might if I get some time to spare.