F1 2020 | KNOWN KEY ISSUES | READ ME!!! Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  

Motorsport Stuff thread

We use the same camera! 

I need to get myself a nice zoom lens at some point, great photo's though! :smiley:
Thanks! I really want a lens upgrade, but once you go beyond 300mm the price of the lenses sky rocket, so I'm sticking with what I've got for now!

The 60D is a great body. I had a 500D previously and its a natural progression from that. My only complaint is the thumb wheel can be a bit fiddly with cold fingers!

Been working my way through the WEC race on YouTube over the past few days. At the 3 hour point, I can see what people were getting so excited about haha. Le Mans is going to be brilliant this year, even more so than normal. The Porsche's should be looking dandy for that with their monster straight line speed, but I can't wait to see what the wildcard known as Nissan can do if they live up to their performance claims. 

Kris Meeke has won the Argentinian Rally, and has become the first British driver to win a rally in over 13 years!

Kris Meeke has won the Argentinian Rally, and has become the first British driver to win a rally in over 13 years!
And of course the last one to do so? Colin McRae. 

I'm gonna guess he wasn't driving a Porsche with a questionable number plate?

Anyone else see tonight's IndyCar race at Barber? Brilliant drive from Rahal, you're not supposed to be able to overtake at that circuit ^_^

Fantastic result! Absolutely made up for Meeke, arguably a victory of chance but still a measured drive and a well deserved (and long overdue) win. 

Good weekend for Citroen with a 1-2, plus Evans on the podium as well. 

Great start to the World Rallycross Championship for Petter Solberg as well, second in the final and joint first in the Championship. 

I didn't manage to watch the RX yesterday, I'll watch it tonight if possible but I've got mountains and mountains of work to do :/

I didn't manage to watch the RX yesterday, I'll watch it tonight if possible but I've got mountains and mountains of work to do :/
It's always worth making a bit of time for rallycross: not long until Round 2! 

For any engine nerds like me, this may be an interesting watch for you. What spinning camshafts look like at 7000rpm (it says 14000, but that's the speed of the crankshaft, not camshafts).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nsa6kq-qqIE

Any motocross fans on here? Popped down to Canada Heights last weekend for the second round of the British Championships. Great track, so many good places to watch from.

Blancpain at Brands hatch this weekend, can't wait!

Blancpain was excellent. Not the biggest grid of cars I've ever seen, but there wasn't a bad car in the whole field. 

I've watched a lot of videos of the Z4 GT3 as I'm in love with the exhaust note. It sounded even better in person, definitely the best car I've heard at Brands in a long time. 

Well May was awesome! After Blancpain I went to Belgium for some World Rallycross...

...then to Lydden the weekend afterwards for some more World Rallycross...

...and then I rounded the month off with some National Speedway:

Doubt I'm going to be able to cram as much into any other month this year!

Went to American Speedfest at Brands Hatch last weekend.

Loads of cool cars on show and lots of racing on track, including Euro NASCAR, some classic cars and...

...Formula 5000 cars. It was worth the price of admission just to see these: they sounded so good! 

Someone in F3 is going to end up dead. Literally every race has at least 3 major crashes in it, which does make for exciting viewing tbh, but Lance Stroll in Monza and now Gustavo Menezes at Spa inches away from smashing their head and neck on the guarding rail after flipping their cars.

Did something similar on Project Cars yesterday in an LMP2 car through Eau Rouge, for me it was one of these moments:

yeah I've done that a few times at Spa as well

Went to Tunerfest at Brands Hatch last weekend. Rather disappointing turnout for the static show, but the Time Attack cars on track were excellent:

Went to the Goodwood Festival of Speed last month. There is a lot to see, so I didn't really use the camera much, but caught a couple of cars on the Forest Rally Stage...

...and Kris Meeke smoking his way up the hillclimb. 

Gave the British Superbike Championship at Brands Hatch a look weekend before last. I only watch Superbikes once or twice a year and I always forget how stupidly quick they are. I personally find them the hardest thing to shoot on track, so I always struggle with the camera. 

British GT Championship at Brands Hatch this weekend. Cannot wait to see (and hear) the Z4 GT3's again!

Not had a chance to upload them sooner, but a few photos from the British GT Championship at Brands Hatch:

Fantastic race, with a great battle for the GT3 lead in the last half an hour of the race. Still can't believe they are replacing the Z4 GT3's at the end of the year, they look and sound too good to change!

Cars look fantastic, and great photos as ever! I'm seriously considering going to the BTCC at Silverstone this year actually, it's £25 for the day, very tempted.

Cars look fantastic, and great photos as ever! I'm seriously considering going to the BTCC at Silverstone this year actually, it's £25 for the day, very tempted.
Money well spent I would say: Silverstone isn't my fave circuit for spectating, but you are pretty much guaranteed a good day of racing with the BTCC!