Practice programs time/level issues

While I do think some of the targets need tweaking, again I don't believe the goal is to be getting max R&D points straight away in My Team. Dropping the difficulty for the sessions and then raising it for the race is not the intended behaviour, Id' be surprised if it was. 

Of course players are free to do whatever for their enjoyment, but genuinely thinking this is causing people to have too much of a performance jump and be challenging at the top too quickly, and then I see complaints about the mode being too easy and people losing interest...

If you see your initial 2nd driver, who can be boosted to be in the 90+ range stats wise over time! They do not complete the programs, especially not at the start... 

• Agree 2

I think in the training programs "green" means that expectations have been met. "Purple" means that the expectations have been exceeded. So if you get "purple" in a training program you get points for something unexpected. Accordingly, you progress unexpectedly quickly in development.

I am satisfied when I get "green". I don't need "purple" because I think it's unrealistic.

6 minutes ago, ndrst said:

I think in the training programs "green" means that expectations have been met. "Purple" means that the expectations have been exceeded. So if you get "purple" in a training program you get points for something unexpected. Accordingly, you progress unexpectedly quickly in development.

I am satisfied when I get "green". I don't need "purple" because I think it's unrealistic.

Yeah, I think this could be sorted with some lines of dialogue from your crew chief or whoever setting expectations for these programs early on. 

This could stop players seeing that purple is a target and assuming they need to be hitting it from the jump. 

Greens!....purples!......I get reds. At least I'm consistent at being inconsistent, lol. (2019 version). Do the programmes get 'easier' in season 2 and 3? Or does my driving get better in the second and subsequent seasons?

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, KNT2011 said:

Yeah, I think this could be sorted with some lines of dialogue from your crew chief or whoever setting expectations for these programs early on. 

This could stop players seeing that purple is a target and assuming they need to be hitting it from the jump. 

I have only had an issue with the qualifying program in Monaco. I normally have no problems even with old power units to perfect all the programs. However on Monaco, the qualifying program asks me to match the Mercedes, Red Bull and Ferrari pace, which I found ridiculous. All the other programs in Monaco, I found them alright. 

I managed to pass it though, but it required me to use fresher power unit components. 

• Haha 1