Bug Reporting - PLEASE FOLLOW RULES AND COMPLETE REPORTS Read more... ×
F1 2020 | PODIUM PASS SERIES 2 NOW LIVE| READ ME!!! Read more... ×

Dual Clutch on Fanatec APM not working for race starts

I’m using a Fanatec F1 2020 rim with the Advanced Podium Module fitted. I’m using this with a CSL Elite base and Clubsport V3 pedals. I’m playing on PS4. The whole setup works beautifully with the F1 2020 game except I can’t get the dual clutch paddles to work for race starts. I’d love this feature to work to add more immersion. Will this ever be supported in a future patch?

DirtyBob, I use the Fanatec McLaren GT3 wheel with the same wheel base and pedal set that you have, but on PC. The clutch paddles work OK for me so maybe it is a PS4 issue?

the clutch is a toggle on/off so the dual clutch on the fanatec rims wont work as an axis you should be able to map one or the other as a clutch but you wont be able to adjust a bite point, same applies to using a clutch pedal it wont work as an axis for the 2020 f1 cars except for use in h pattern type cars. you have 2 keybinds for the clutch 1 is for the 2020 cars plus other classic cars using sequential gear boxes the second is near the idividual gear numbers for mapping a h pattern shifter and for the classic cars that had h pattern shifters

so long and short you can't use dual clutches as the clutch keybind is a toggle on/off designed to be used with controllers 

Cheers guys. I’m half way through my second season now and the starts are fine with using the old ‘gear paddle for clutch’ method. Thanks for the help though. Much appreciated. 

Additional note - I had the same issue with XBox One X, the dual clutch setup couldn't be used.  I switched to Windows 10 on PC, and now have proper dual clutch setup (and rev and flag lights!).  With the dual clutch setup, I can match the AI driver starts on 100% difficulty.

On 7/31/2020 at 7:52 PM, Flash42G said:

Additional note - I had the same issue with XBox One X, the dual clutch setup couldn't be used.  I switched to Windows 10 on PC, and now have proper dual clutch setup (and rev and flag lights!).  With the dual clutch setup, I can match the AI driver starts on 100% difficulty.

Exactly how are you achieving that? I upgraded to Podium advanced paddles in the misguided expectation that I would be able to bind the clutch paddles. But I now seem to be reading all over the place (as per cearp8858's post above) that the analog clutch is not supported by Codemasters. Please explain how you have got this to work.

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, DavC63s said:

Exactly how are you achieving that? I upgraded to Podium advanced paddles in the misguided expectation that I would be able to bind the clutch paddles. But I now seem to be reading all over the place (as per cearp8858's post above) that the analog clutch is not supported by Codemasters. Please explain how you have got this to work.

First off, a reminder that the Advanced Paddle Module dual clutch mode only works in Windows 10 versions.  Here's the PDF of the QuickGuide from Fanatec: https://fanatec.com/media/pdf/60/cc/63/CS-RFORM-V2-QG-EN-WebmNXxBBYx05pfX.pdf  First, you have to have button 24 (the middle of the 3 rotary switches in the middle) set to position A.  Then map/bind the clutch to the analog clutch lever of the APM.  Then follow the guidelines of setting the Clutch Bite Point Modes on the second page of the QuickGuide.  There is also a scan code to quick-link to a YouTube guide to setting these up.  I believe you also have to enable the game UDP telemetry mode - there's a post/thread either here or on Fanatec forum about the telemetry, I will try to find it.

Cheers, Gordon

Back again - I recall now that the UDP telemetry requirement is for the rpm LEDs and flag LEDs built in to the Formula V2 wheel to work in F1 2019 or F1 2020, again only on PC Windows 10 versions of the sim.

As for the dual clutch - I don't know if this is the video that comes up with the code scan from the QuickGuide, but it's a YouTube video about setting the bite point with the APM dual clutch levers in F1 2019:  

I set it up in F1 2019, and actually haven't revisited it to see if I need to adjust the bite point for F1 2020 - but that's because I can get good starts that keep up with or beat the AI starts.

Additional note - the dual clutch paddles only work on the grid at the start of Formation Lap or Race, and they work as a regular clutch for leaving the pit box.  They don't work anywhere else on track, or during an event.  You can't just stop on the track and practice a start - it must be a Formation Lap or Race start.

Hope that helps!

Edited by Flash42G

8 hours ago, Flash42G said:

First off, a reminder that the Advanced Paddle Module dual clutch mode only works in Windows 10 versions.  Here's the PDF of the QuickGuide from Fanatec: https://fanatec.com/media/pdf/60/cc/63/CS-RFORM-V2-QG-EN-WebmNXxBBYx05pfX.pdf  First, you have to have button 24 (the middle of the 3 rotary switches in the middle) set to position A.  Then map/bind the clutch to the analog clutch lever of the APM.  Then follow the guidelines of setting the Clutch Bite Point Modes on the second page of the QuickGuide.  There is also a scan code to quick-link to a YouTube guide to setting these up.  I believe you also have to enable the game UDP telemetry mode - there's a post/thread either here or on Fanatec forum about the telemetry, I will try to find it.

Cheers, Gordon

Back again - I recall now that the UDP telemetry requirement is for the rpm LEDs and flag LEDs built in to the Formula V2 wheel to work in F1 2019 or F1 2020, again only on PC Windows 10 versions of the sim.

As for the dual clutch - I don't know if this is the video that comes up with the code scan from the QuickGuide, but it's a YouTube video about setting the bite point with the APM dual clutch levers in F1 2019:  

I set it up in F1 2019, and actually haven't revisited it to see if I need to adjust the bite point for F1 2020 - but that's because I can get good starts that keep up with or beat the AI starts.

Additional note - the dual clutch paddles only work on the grid at the start of Formation Lap or Race, and they work as a regular clutch for leaving the pit box.  They don't work anywhere else on track, or during an event.  You can't just stop on the track and practice a start - it must be a Formation Lap or Race start.

Hope that helps!

Initially I thought we were talking at cross purposes. I know exactly how to set up the bite point and use the double clutch - I have done so in other titles. My question was how did you set the bite point and get the clutches to work specifically in F1 2020?

In fact I had seen that video before I ordered the paddles, which is what led me to assume that they do work in F1 2020. Later I realised that all the comments had been removed from below the video in youtube, which gave me cause for concern. 

So far I have only found this video and your comments that claim that analogue clutches can be used in F! 2020. Whereas posts by official representatives of Fanatec, and others, and even posts on this forum suggest that they can't.

Although you say that they will work on the formation or start grid (I haven't tried that again since reading your post) how are you setting the bite point, given that you don't have control of the car until the light sequence, and even if you were quick enough to go through the process during the start light sequence setting the bite point requires finding the point with the 2nd clutch at which the car moves - penalty! 

p.s. I have now tried setting a random bite point of 50 and attempted to use the clutch paddles for a race start. The difference is that you don't have to hold the up shifter In first gear. But when the lights go out, the car launches without dropping either of the clutches. I am still not clear exactly what you have achieved and how you are doing it.