F1 2020 Forum Championship SPACES AVAILABLE | Season 3 starting 20/11 Read more... ×

Pressure should be on to add new tracks

15 hours ago, ElcorHamlet said:

They got the licences for the current 22 tracks, they can get other licences.  I'm not sure why you would equate having four completely new tracks in the game to a one night stand.  We would all benefit from many nights of entertainment from this.  If budget is an issue, make it a DLC.  

And what is stopping them from getting the licences for more tracks?  They had to get 22 licences for the game as is, they can get more if they make it a priority.

I expect them to hire more people and spend more money to make it happen.  If they need to sell it as a DLC, that's fine.  I would gladly pay for it.  Refusing to do it outright is a ridiculous position for them to take.  

Licence is for the original planned 2020 season. Like previously stated, takes a year to make a track. Also, its speculation and a one-off circuit, even if we had the facility to do so. 

To answer the in bold comments, refusing to do it outright is not ridiculous, is the only position we can take. We also have a vast majority of stakeholders to consult with on any discussion.

I'm sorry, but it won't happen.

• Thanks 4
  • Agree 2

7 minutes ago, ElcorHamlet said:

You are completely entitled to voice your opinions about what you want, and the fact that it differs from what I want is completely fine.  The things that I want and the things that you want do not have to be at odds with each other.  

Oh yes they do. More tracks means less development time to improve My Team. I'll not be fooled in "if you pressure for me I'll pressure for you" and find out at the end that you got all your tracks and I still can't select which of the team colors should be the team color? No way, it's every customer for themselves. My needs first :classic_biggrin:

• Agree 2

If someone wants to give me a billion pounds, access to all the Classic Cars and the 2020 cars in a really big pitlane and garage to drive around Imola however, I'll volunteer to go myself. 😛 

• Haha 6

Just now, BelgiumDude said:

Oh yes they do. More tracks means less development time to improve My Team. I'll not be fooled in "if you pressure for me I'll pressure for you" and find out at the end that you got all your tracks and I still can't select which of the team colors should be the team color? No way, it's every customer for themselves. My needs first :classic_biggrin:

Lol I'm not sure if making tracks and team color customization would ever be at odds with each other, but to each his own.

• Disagree 3

I think that the absolute most we can expect from Codies for an accurate 2020 season is maybe as a bonus championship season in next year‘S game a la 2014 being included with F1 2015.

but I’ll freely admit that I’m basing that on nothing besides what I’d like in the game, don’t expect codies to actually do it and will probably buy next years game anyway 🙂

52 minutes ago, BMW435iZHP said:

It can be done, anything can be done with the right amount of money. Also, who knows what is in the contracts the tracks sign with FIA, F1 and Liberty Media. There every might well be wording in the contract that lets codemasters use the track for F1 2020

With the right amount of money... Codemasters are a relatively small game developer. Money does not grow and trees. And unless you work in the finance department I very much doubt you are aware of their finances and how viable a project like this would be for them. Unless people work for codemasters and know for a fact that what they are saying is all bull, then no body has the right here to just say well they Should just do it, regardless of finances, man power, staff safety under the pandemic.... I could go on 

• Agree 1

6 minutes ago, BarryBL said:

If someone wants to give me a billion pounds, access to all the Classic Cars and the 2020 cars in a really big pitlane and garage to drive around Imola however, I'll volunteer to go myself. 😛 

@BarryBLhow about putting a vote and I mean if possible for future releases and as a DLC these tracks people want we all know that it cannot be done now but what about possibility for future games. Then see what voting says then go to shareholders and ask the question if they say no for future releases then so be it. Just an idea I know it's a million percent not possible especially at moment but would be interesting to see vote and even at price of say £15 for these tracks and classic tracks. Let me know what you think. Thanks again 

Posted (edited)

15 minutes ago, BarryBL said:

Licence is for the original planned 2020 season. Like previously stated, takes a year to make a track. Also, its speculation and a one-off circuit, even if we had the facility to do so. 

To answer the in bold comments, refusing to do it outright is not ridiculous, is the only position we can take. We also have a vast majority of stakeholders to consult with on any discussion.

Goddamnit Barry, when you put things this way it's almost like 3/4 of members in this thread were indeed in the right vicinity of reasons for all the do's and don'ts of adding new tracks. It almost feels like we didn't waste our time keyboard warrior-ing here.

11 minutes ago, ElcorHamlet said:

Lol I'm not sure if making tracks and team color customization would ever be at odds with each other, but to each his own.

When you have a finite budget and limited power to adjust its margins there will come a time where you'll need to decide whether to buy a new pack of Tiramisu and Coconut Caramel Oreos or a new pack of toilet paper, even though you may not immediately see how a dessert and loo time could be at odds with each other.

Don't be disingenuous. 

@Gallearsc I would 100% vote on "yes, new tracks please" and I bet everyone on this thread would too. No one in their right mind opposes the idea in principle. It is just a matter of what is at stakes. Would said poll include what we would have to let go to get these tracks ready by 2021, what we would have to let go to get them by 2022 and so on? I don't think a stellar result in a poll like this would appease stakeholders and investors enough to open wide the budget gates and allow for the addition of new tracks without affecting other aspects of the franchise.

And that's assuming it is actually feasible to get the licenses for these tracks for future games indefinitely if they're all one-time events, exclusive to this pandemic messed up 2020 haphazard season. 

I may be off the mark here but it is not for ungenerosity of Codemasters that we don't have the full roster of V8 and KERS era cars. That's all licensing, budget and compromise.

Edited by marioho
  • Agree 1

14 minutes ago, BarryBL said:

Something like, "We acknowledge that circuits are a significant element of the content we offer in our game, and expending on that element when possible is something we consider important and valuable to our customer base", would be a much better response than "it simply can't be done".  

• Disagree 3

4 minutes ago, Gallearsc said:

@BarryBLhow about putting a vote and I mean if possible for future releases and as a DLC these tracks people want we all know that it cannot be done now but what about possibility for future games. Then see what voting says then go to shareholders and ask the question if they say no for future releases then so be it. Just an idea I know it's a million percent not possible especially at moment but would be interesting to see vote and even at price of say £15 for these tracks and classic tracks. Let me know what you think. Thanks again 

Oh here we go again. No polls please. If you put up a poll that says "do you want new tracks?" what do you think the result will be? You don't have to put up a poll to know that "yes" will win. If I put up a poll 'do you want free ice cream?" you will get the same result. I might even win in overall numbers. Why put up a poll to pressure someone who already said no? Codemasters will not give us any free ice cream just because we told them to do so.

• Like 2
  • Agree 1
  • Disagree 1

8 minutes ago, marioho said:

When you have a finite budget and limited power to adjust its margins there will come a time where you'll need to decide whether to buy a new pack of Tiramisu and Coconut Caramel Oreos or a new pack of toilet paper, even though you may not immediately see how a dessert and loo time could be at odds with each other.

Don't be disingenuous. 

You keep making false equivalencies and extremely hyperbolic statements.  I would define that as disingenuous.  

• Disagree 1

2 minutes ago, BelgiumDude said:

Oh here we go again. No polls please. If you put up a poll that says "do you want new tracks?" what do you think the result will be? You don't have to put up a poll to know that "yes" will win. If I put up a poll 'do you want free ice cream?" you will get the same result. I might even win in overall numbers. Why put up a poll to pressure someone who already said no? Codemasters will not give us any free ice cream just because we told them to do so.

What if the poll was "would you pay 20 dollars for a DLC that includes four new tracks."  All of sudden it's not the same as asking if people want free ice cream, is it?

• Disagree 1

20 minutes ago, BarryBL said:

The old Hockenheimring in the wet where the spray hung in the air over the track because of the trees. I would have thought that more your cup of tea. Of course Imola pre chicane was always interesting.

4 minutes ago, ElcorHamlet said:

Something like, "We acknowledge that circuits are a significant element of the content we offer in our game, and expending on that element when possible is something we consider important and valuable to our customer base", would be a much better response than "it simply can't be done".  

It was already said in a very professional way. Search function is working properly on the forums, I'd suggest next time use it.

Just now, ElcorHamlet said:

What if the poll was "would you pay 20 dollars for a DLC that includes four new tracks."  All of sudden it's not the same as asking if people want free ice cream, is it?

It's not the same indeed but I think if you add "and free ice cream" on top of it you might get better results in that poll. :classic_biggrin:

3 minutes ago, ElcorHamlet said:

That's what you been getting from the get go here until stubbornness and myopic wishful thinking thickened your skin so much there went 4 pages of increasingly frustrating users rephrasing the same thing Barry had to chime in with. 

Just now, ElcorHamlet said:

You keep making false equivalencies and extremely hyperbolic statements.  I would define that as disingenuous.  

Could you care to enlight us with a tangible example then? From licensing to modeling and development? Because you had zero, nit, none, naught to counter in this whole thread apart from the vague "just throw more money in it". 

• Like 3
  • Agree 1

2 minutes ago, ragequit1 said:

It was already said in a very professional way. Search function is working properly on the forums, I'd suggest next time use it.

What would I search to find that?  I'm not asking rhetorically.  Free free to link the relevant post if you have one.

1 minute ago, marioho said:

That's what you been getting from the get go here until stubbornness and myopic wishful thinking thickened your skin so much there went 4 pages of increasingly frustrating users rephrasing the same thing Barry had to chime in with. 

Could you care to enlight us with a tangible example then? From licensing to modeling and development? Because you had zero, nit, none, naught to counter in this whole thread apart from the vague "just throw more money in it". 

You equivocated developing circuits for a video game, something that has been done many times before by many different developers for many different games, to developing a vaccine for covid and putting a man on mars.  Totally ridiculous.  

• Disagree 1

1 minute ago, ElcorHamlet said:

What would I search to find that?  I'm not asking rhetorically.  Free free to link the relevant post if you have one.

Search bar, right top corner.

Be creative. Use your imagination.

This thread is hilarious 😂 

I cant believe we’ve actually got someone arguing for more colour customisation over additional tracks - in a racing game!!!

• Disagree 1

Posted (edited)

7 minutes ago, ElcorHamlet said:

You equivocated developing circuits for a video game, something that has been done many times before by many different developers for many different games, to developing a vaccine for covid and putting a man on mars.  Totally ridiculous.  

😱

17 hours ago, Ialyrn said:

Have you ever made high quality 3D assests (including normal textures, specular maps, and anything else required) for a project like a track in a racing game? I have, it takes a lot of time and effort to do, even for a sizable team. The fact you and the op seem to think that Codemaster can just snap their fingers and have 4 new tracks added into the game just like that, shows you have absolutly zero clue how much work is actually involved.

The whole process starts with scouting the location, taking referance photos, taking measurements of absolutly everything from kerb size, run off size, wall height size, fence height. The whole lot needs to be gathered in order to ensure the scale is correct once they make it in 3D for the game. Not to mention hiring and transporting of any equiptment they might need, such as scanners and specilised surveying tools.

After all that, someone then needs to process all that data and add it into Codemasters internal server database, and only after all that work is done can they begin recreating it for the game. Your looking at up to a month+ just for them to begin making a single track, given the current world situation. And thats assuming Codemasters want to put their dev team at increased risk of Covid in the process, since, you know, it hasnt gone away yet.

Honestly, some people have some major rose tinted glasses and blinkers on!

🙈🙉🙊

👀

Edited by marioho
  • Haha 2

Posted (edited)
11 minutes ago, kalamazoo123 said:

This thread is hilarious 😂 

I cant believe we’ve actually got someone arguing for more colour customisation over additional tracks - in a racing game!!!

I'm sorry but I'm a team boss with responsibilities for my sponsors. What racing game are you talking about? I'm playing a manager game. You are probably on the wrong forum :classic_happy:

Edit: And I prefer free ice cream over new tracks. Just to make that clear

Edited by BelgiumDude
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, ElcorHamlet said:

It seems as though people can’t accept the direct approach of it cannot be done, so god help codemasters if they start being wishy washy about it. 

i understand about how difficult add a completely new track like imola, but honestly you can add hockenheim without problems, these track already exist in f1 2019 and its completely done, its a just copy and paste

5 minutes ago, squalles said:

i understand about how difficult add a completely new track like imola, but honestly you can add hockenheim without problems, these track already exist in f1 2019 and its completely done, its a just copy and paste

Why? Hockenheim is not part of the 2020 season and they don't have the license to just add it.

• Agree 2