Forum Championship League | BELGIAN GP 22/01/2021 Read more... ×
F1 2020 | 1.15 PATCH NOW LIVE Read more... ×

Pressure should be on to add new tracks

11 minutes ago, ragequit1 said:

Why? Hockenheim is not part of the 2020 season and they don't have the license to just add it.

I think at this point *Logic has left the chat

• Haha 1
  • Agree 1

28 minutes ago, squalles said:

i understand about how difficult add a completely new track like imola, but honestly you can add hockenheim without problems, these track already exist in f1 2019 and its completely done, its a just copy and paste

Technically the same could be said about the inclusion of all the cars from all F1 seasons since 2009, which include gems from the Mercedes W07 and beauties like the Lotus E20 and the Caterham 2013, since Codemasters made those games. Could you imagine playing a fac-simile career from the whole 2010s decade?

That won't happen, though, as those licenses are negotiated on a period basis. 

Same goes for Hockenheim which is nein nein nein for the FOM from now on and, consequently, for Codemasters. 

image.thumb.png.c51272b729277d1ccda1ca1b828f42b2.png

9 hours ago, ElcorHamlet said:

I don't know how much is involved actually, I shouldn't be making statements about the logistics. 

You're right.  You shouldn't.   When they've already come out and said there wont be new tracks for several reasons you also shouldn't think you're entitled to it, or think that putting any sort of "pressure" on is going to make a difference.  There simply isn't time to sort out all of the issues that have been brought up officially, and here by others.  You don't need inside knowledge to know, you just need common sense of how today's business world works when it comes to licensing of intellectual property rights first, then creating it in the game second.   Again, I'd love to have Mugello, Nurburgring etc.   It's not going to be possible, I think we've all known that for months now.  Nothing will change that.  It sucks, but complaining isn't going to change it, neither is being sarcastic to others and whining about it as if you're entitled to something. 

The world got turned upside down with Covid, so did the F1 world as a result, you can't just expect, or demand Codies follow suit and delete tracks and add tracks.   You want them added so it accurately reflects the 2020 season.  So, should we be removing Austrailia? Bahrain? Baku? Montreal? etc. etc. since they're not on the calendar or part of the season now?  I'm willing to be your answer is no, and you'd scream and whine about it if they removed them.  So why do you think it should be ok to add more in with little to no time, data, resources or licensing matters within a short time frame?  

It sucks, yes, but it is what it is.   The game was marketed as the 2020 season before Covid rolled around, that's what it is.  Because the season changes last minute and adds new venues that they have no assets or licensing for doesn't mean it should be included.  What you got, is what you paid for.  Itd be nice to have, yes, but its just not realistically in the cards no matter what you think, or how much "pressure" you think needs to be applied.

Edited by petro1319
  • Like 3
  • Agree 2

This topic now spreads over 5 pages and all we got so far is this:

People want tracks added, of which some or not even confirmed.

Codemasters says it can't be done and gives multiple reasons to why this is the case.

Other people, who invested time in reading earlier statements and use their brains to figure out why Codemasters can't add more tracks are starting to explain this to the people who started this topic. (Side note: we already had multiple topics like this and everytime some of us have taken the time to explain why things are the way they are)

Now, for some reason the OP and a few others start a discussion about semantics. Yes, a lot of things are technically possible, but we are not talking about theory, we are talking about realistic possibilities. If I say that I can't afford a $300.000 race car, your reply would be: well, if you sell your house, take all the money from your shared bank account (probably leading to a divorce with your husband/wife) than it would be possible. Well, yes, you are correct. If I would do all those things, it would be possible. But would you seriously expect me to do it? Is this even something that would cross your mind? No, because when I say that it is not possible for me to buy that car, I mean that it is not possible for me to buy that car without having to sacrifice everything I hold dear.

Codemasters is a developer, and has to deal with a lot of stakeholders. Stakeholders that they can not **** off, or the game as we know it would not even exist. Codemasters need money, to pay for the staff, the office and everything they use. They need to save some money to be able to keep their head up when things go south. You can't ask them to throw everything out the window to make your wishes come true.

Now, you may say that I am a Codemasters fanboy or apologist and I frankly do not even care. You have proven time and time again that you think you know more about the resources CM has available than anyone else. You acuse Lee Mather of lying and did not once showed any proof to back this up. This thread can grow to be hundreds of pages long, because all we do is talking in circles. Such a shame really, cause we could have spend this time talking about new features that are actually possible to add.

• Like 2
  • Agree 7

1 hour ago, Falstojudilofa said:

This topic now spreads over 5 pages and all we got so far is this:

People want tracks added, of which some or not even confirmed.

Codemasters says it can't be done and gives multiple reasons to why this is the case.

Other people, who invested time in reading earlier statements and use their brains to figure out why Codemasters can't add more tracks are starting to explain this to the people who started this topic. (Side note: we already had multiple topics like this and everytime some of us have taken the time to explain why things are the way they are)

Now, for some reason the OP and a few others start a discussion about semantics. Yes, a lot of things are technically possible, but we are not talking about theory, we are talking about realistic possibilities. If I say that I can't afford a $300.000 race car, your reply would be: well, if you sell your house, take all the money from your shared bank account (probably leading to a divorce with your husband/wife) than it would be possible. Well, yes, you are correct. If I would do all those things, it would be possible. But would you seriously expect me to do it? Is this even something that would cross your mind? No, because when I say that it is not possible for me to buy that car, I mean that it is not possible for me to buy that car without having to sacrifice everything I hold dear.

Codemasters is a developer, and has to deal with a lot of stakeholders. Stakeholders that they can not **** off, or the game as we know it would not even exist. Codemasters need money, to pay for the staff, the office and everything they use. They need to save some money to be able to keep their head up when things go south. You can't ask them to throw everything out the window to make your wishes come true.

Now, you may say that I am a Codemasters fanboy or apologist and I frankly do not even care. You have proven time and time again that you think you know more about the resources CM has available than anyone else. You acuse Lee Mather of lying and did not once showed any proof to back this up. This thread can grow to be hundreds of pages long, because all we do is talking in circles. Such a shame really, cause we could have spend this time talking about new features that are actually possible to add.

Why say you don’t care in the middle of a long rant (not your first in this thread)? 😂

OP's levels of entitlement are off the charts.

Adding (four!) tracks not even for the next game but this one. Lol.

Edited by Nas00
  • Haha 1

@Nas00 yeah, to realistically simulate this contingent F1 2020 season. But would he be ok with the exclusion of all the cancelled events?

No Take, Only Throw | Know Your Meme

• Haha 2

15 hours ago, BMW435iZHP said:

It can be done, anything can be done with the right amount of money. Also, who knows what is in the contracts the tracks sign with FIA, F1 and Liberty Media. There every might well be wording in the contract that lets codemasters use the track for F1 2020

Time to open your wallet then.

11 minutes ago, marioho said:

@Nas00 yeah, to realistically simulate this contingent F1 2020 season. But would he be ok with the exclusion of all the cancelled events?

No Take, Only Throw | Know Your Meme

After re-reading the OP I just realised that in fact he wants not three but four tracks, which are most certainly a one-off.

Hand-waving the difficulty to get the licensing, due to possible conflicts with other parties which own the rights on those circuits, that alone could take months, if ever. Then the astonishing amount of work to gather the data to actually make the circuits, in a world struck by the worst pandemic since 1918.

The counter-argument being "iT's nOT aN eXCusE!!!"

Don't know if I should laugh or cry.

• Agree 2

14 hours ago, Gallearsc said:

@BarryBLhow about putting a vote and I mean if possible for future releases and as a DLC these tracks people want we all know that it cannot be done now but what about possibility for future games. Then see what voting says then go to shareholders and ask the question if they say no for future releases then so be it. Just an idea I know it's a million percent not possible especially at moment but would be interesting to see vote and even at price of say £15 for these tracks and classic tracks. Let me know what you think. Thanks again 

How about closing this embarrassing thread?

• Agree 1

16 hours ago, kalamazoo123 said:

This thread is hilarious 😂 

I cant believe we’ve actually got someone arguing for more colour customisation over additional tracks - in a racing game!!!

That's a nice straw man.

Edited by Nas00

Yes it's embarrassing but I just put suggestion out there

32 minutes ago, Nas00 said:

How about closing this embarrassing thread?

• Agree 1

Holy F#<k, Imagine how much better some of you would be at F1 2020 if you spent the same amount of time playing it as you do on here arguing over nonsense. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Mike5500 said:

Holy F#<k, Imagine how much better some of you would be at F1 2020 if you spent the same amount of time playing it as you do on here arguing over nonsense. 

Imagine me playing this game as hard as you do and beat you at the top of the leaderboards. Better watch out what you wish for :classic_biggrin:

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, BelgiumDude said:

Imagine me playing this game as hard as you do and beat you at the top of the leaderboards. Better watch out what you wish for :classic_biggrin:

Lol Bring it. If you're on PS4. I'm top of the Leaderboard on 3 tracks with the Classic cars. Bahrain Short, Britain Short and Japan Short. Have a go. I expect to be knocked off of 1st at some point. It would be my honor if it was you lol

• Like 1

Here is a suggestion for Codemasters. Maybe you could implement the revised 2020 calender in the F1 2021 game, like you did with the 2014 season in F1 2015. I guess time would be an issue if you want to release F1 2021 in June/July due to the tracks you would have to build from scratch like Mugello or Imola, and the f But with adaption of the next generation engine you are already aiming for a later release in September/October 2021. 

19 minutes ago, dino78 said:

Mods need to lock this thread now. Its beyond stupid.

Not sure if that is the correct way. It will make the OP feel silenced. The OP has not been offensive. Being stubborn is not against the rules I guess.

• Like 1

Hi guys,

I'm going to close this thread as it has drifted off-topic slightly but add a statement from myself, mostly as a CM member of staff, but also as a fan of F1 (which is what I am first)

Of course, taking the 2020 cars for a scream around Imola (should that actually get confirmed) would be awesome. I can understand the desire of fans to want new (well old for fans my age - 6 year old Barry on Grand Prix 3 would love a Imola re-introduction) tracks in the game, and they would clearly add value to our title.

However, as developer and publisher of F1® 2020, the official videogame of FIA Formula One World Championship™, Codemasters has accurately recreated the original 2020 season, which was scheduled to start on 15 March. Due to time needed to re-create the circuits in-game, it is not possible to include any of the new circuits added to the revised 2020 season.

I totally understand the desire to want to see a revised calendar with new tracks in 2020, but, unfortunately due to a plethora of reasons, it's simply unfeasible to achieve. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Sad 1
  • Agree 4

I would have been surprised, the F1® 202game has already been released broken.

PC players will surely find a way to make these tracks something that a game studio will not be able to do

• Haha 1
  • Agree 1
  • Disagree 4