Jump to content Jump to content

Pressure should be on to add new tracks


Recommended Posts

29 minutes ago, SIMRACER123 said:

I'm not sure about adding the new tracks but i would say if codemasters accidentally deleted Hanoi off the game at the next patch it wouldn't be the worst thing....... :classic_biggrin:

I actually like Hanoi 😊

But there you, we all have different opinions.

For clarity, i wasn’t demanding, and don’t feel entitled to the new tracks. I was simply questioning some of aggressive responses that some people were giving.

I would love to see the new tracks added, i still don’t believe it’s as hard as some of you make out (while appreciating it’s a big job).

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I have absolutely no clue how much work it would be to make a new track. But in my opinion i'm fine with the official tracks. Addiotionally i will say as long as we don't have the official tracks laser scanned and as long as people complaining about wrong curb color, they shouldn't do it and should stick with the amount of tracks we actually have. :classic_happy:

Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, kalamazoo123 said:

I actually like Hanoi 😊

But there you, we all have different opinions.

For clarity, i wasn’t demanding, and don’t feel entitled to the new tracks. I was simply questioning some of aggressive responses that some people were giving.

I would love to see the new tracks added, i still don’t believe it’s as hard as some of you make out (while appreciating it’s a big job).

 

Let's be realistic. Anyone arguing that the new tracks need to be included for realism are equally unwittingly asking for all tracks not within the new official calendar to be removed. After all, they want realism based on the 2020 season but i'm not sure people would want a load of tracks removed.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I agree they probably shouldn’t be in this game, at least not for free. I’d personally pay for added DLC.

But at the very least the correct 2020 season should be included in the 2021 game (just like with 2014/2015).

  • Agree 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, AdamComer said:

I agree they probably shouldn’t be in this game, at least not for free. I’d personally pay for added DLC.

But at the very least the correct 2020 season should be included in the 2021 game (just like with 2014/2015).

But again people are talking about years worth of work so I think you’d be looking at 2022 at a huge push or 2023 probably more likely, and by then the 2020 season is a bit out of date.  Of course if they did get to work on the new circuits they could be getting a head start... something tells me that if we have great races at the new circuits this year they may well find themselves back on the calendar in the upcoming years. Most new circuits are announced at least 12 months in advance as there is such a song and dance about them, so Codemasters can get ahead of the game in that respect. Obviously there is no chance of that this year. 

Edited by johnboy83
Link to post
Share on other sites

Pointless thread with stupid demands and **** list of reasoning.

It can't be done, end of story. Best we can hope for in terms of experiencing these tracks is a 'covid calendar 2020' season as part of F1 2021, and even then I think thays pushing it for get 4 new circuits done. Get real and pipe down.

  • Haha 1
  • Agree 2
  • Disagree 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, ElcorHamlet said:

With today's news that the Nurgburgring, Portimao, and Imola are set to be added to the 2020 F1 calendar, the total number of tracks in the 2020 Formula 1 championship that are currently not represented in the F1 2020 game rises to four (4).  In order for the game to adequately represent the 2020 F1 season, developing and adding these tracks should be a top priority.  Questions about the addition of new tracks to the game have been met with comments about the extensive time and manpower needed to make this a reality.  This should not be an excuse.  Codemasters hold the exclusive rights to the F1 franchise.  To show that they are deserving of that honor, they need to dedicate the time, money, and manpower to get these tracks into the game.  

Edit, addressing some common responses:

1. "They don't have the licences".  They have licenses for 22 tracks, they can get more.

2. "You don't know how much time/money/work it would take them".  Correct, I do not.  And neither do you.  I do know that with enough money and direction, quite a lot can be accomplished.  If money is the prohibiting factor, they should sell it as a DLC.  God knows it would provide more value to the customer than Pitcoin.  

3. People being Codemasters loyalists.  Why?  They aren't you're friend.  They are game developer.  Your value to them is the money you give them.  Think about that before you make excuses on their behalf.  

Although the nurbenring is one of my favourite tracks . I'd rather the focus on the list of bugs first . Should be there too priority . Plus it's something that will never happen adding new tracks into the game . Too much work and recourses 

  • Agree 1
  • Disagree 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Right now, I want all their energies on fixing the game, which for me has become unplayable due to the camera, controller issue. Spending a man-year on each new track seems like a waste to me right now. Maybe if I could play I might feel differently. And in honesty I would rather have the ability to use the tracks in the game in any order I want with the ability to do some double headers if need be rather than have new tracks added.

  • Agree 1
  • Disagree 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, magpieracer48 said:

Pointless thread with stupid demands and **** list of reasoning.

It can't be done, end of story. Best we can hope for in terms of experiencing these tracks is a 'covid calendar 2020' season as part of F1 2021, and even then I think thays pushing it for get 4 new circuits done. Get real and pipe down.

You’ve basically just said... “I don’t agree with you so shut up”!

Thanks for your valuable contribution 👏

  • Disagree 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, petro1319 said:

Do you realize how much time it takes to create a track in a game like this?  I suspect it's not as easy as just flipping a switch or something.  It takes time to create in the game world first.  Modeling the track, elevation changes, structures, environment etc. etc. , then you still have to clear all of the licensing hurdles and other F1 and track issues that are likely present.

It's just not as simple as that.

I'd like to think they could give us Hockenheim since it was in last year's game.  Maybe even Nurburgring since it was in a previous game, but that's a long time ago now.   So the in game assets might be there, but you still have the numerous licensing issues to deal with.

Do I want it?  Sure, of course, the more the better.  You have to be realistic about it though.  IT's not a situation of just throwing more resources or people at it.  It's far beyond that.

I don't know how much is involved actually, I shouldn't be making statements about the logistics. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, kalamazoo123 said:

I actually like Hanoi 😊

But there you, we all have different opinions.

For clarity, i wasn’t demanding, and don’t feel entitled to the new tracks. I was simply questioning some of aggressive responses that some people were giving.

I would love to see the new tracks added, i still don’t believe it’s as hard as some of you make out (while appreciating it’s a big job).

Thank you for being a reasonable human being instead of a fanatical Codemasters apologist. 

  • Like 1
  • Sad 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, ElcorHamlet said:

Thank you for being a reasonable human being instead of a fanatical Codemasters apologist. 

I don't think it's at all reasonable or decent to come to Codemasters' official forum, make a thread declaring that we should all be putting pressure on developers to make a bunch of entirely new tracks for us for free. Especially when you recognise that Lee Mather has already explained why this is just not possible, yet you dismiss that as 'not being an excuse' and that the developers somehow need to do this to be considered worthy of holding the official F1 license.

That is a genuinely jaw-dropping stance for someone to take, in my view. It feels incredibly dismissive to all the work that goes into making a game like this - or any game, for that matter.

Those who are trying to point out how ludicrous this view is aren't 'fanatical apologists', we're actually the reasonable ones here.

Edited by Blent
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Agree 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, kalamazoo123 said:

You’ve basically just said... “I don’t agree with you so shut up”!

Thanks for your valuable contribution 👏

No I've said you're wrong,  we've been told already it won't happen and why, there are plenty of other threads that have covered it. Its getting seriously boring now.

  • Agree 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, Blent said:

I don't think it's at all reasonable or decent to come to Codemasters' official forum, make a thread declaring that we should all be putting pressure on developers to make a bunch of entirely new tracks for us for free. Especially when you recognise that Lee Mather has already explained why this is just not possible, yet you dismiss that as 'not being an excuse' and that the developers somehow need to do this to be considered worthy of holding the official F1 license.

That is a genuinely jaw-dropping stance for someone to take, in my view. It feels incredibly dismissive to all the work that goes into making a game like this - or any game, for that matter.

Those who are trying to point out how ludicrous this view is aren't 'fanatical apologists', we're actually the reasonable ones here.

We are the customer, it's our job to put pressure on them and tell them what we want.  I never said anything about it being for free. 

What Lee Mather said should not be taken at face value.  His role in interviews is to market the game, not to plan or do the actual development work.  He also said that laser scanned tracks were not as accurate as the ones in the game, which doesn't help his credibility.  His comment was very shallow and sounded very much like trying to set expectations as low as possible, rather than a deeply informed statement.  

I stand by my original comment that "it's just not possible" is not a reasonable response.  It is possible.  Perhaps very difficult, but not impossible.  

  • Agree 1
  • Disagree 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, ElcorHamlet said:

He also said that laser scanned tracks were not as accurate as the ones in the game, which doesn't help his credibility.  His comment was very shallow and sounded very much like trying to set expectations as low as possible, rather than a deeply informed statement.

Can you link the source?

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, magpieracer48 said:

Pointless thread with stupid demands and **** list of reasoning.

It can't be done, end of story. Best we can hope for in terms of experiencing these tracks is a 'covid calendar 2020' season as part of F1 2021, and even then I think thays pushing it for get 4 new circuits done. Get real and pipe down.

It can be done, anything can be done with the right amount of money. Also, who knows what is in the contracts the tracks sign with FIA, F1 and Liberty Media. There every might well be wording in the contract that lets codemasters use the track for F1 2020

  • Agree 1
  • Disagree 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

 

16 minutes ago, ElcorHamlet said:

We are the customer, it's our job to put pressure on them and tell them what we want.  I never said anything about it being for free. 

What Lee Mather said should not be taken at face value.  His role in interviews is to market the game, not to plan or do the actual development work.  He also said that laser scanned tracks were not as accurate as the ones in the game, which doesn't help his credibility.  His comment was very shallow and sounded very much like trying to set expectations as low as possible, rather than a deeply informed statement.  

I stand by my original comment that "it's just not possible" is not a reasonable response.  It is possible.  Perhaps very difficult, but not impossible.  

The thing is, actual development workcredibility, shallow and deeply informed statement are all benchmarks to which you did poorly on this thread than Mather.

Time and time again people gave you insight on how these things aren't necessarily feasible from a development, business or legal point of view and your responses to these comments are either non-existent or don't hold any water. 

Edited by marioho
  • Agree 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

Seriously no matter how many times it's being told (from the actual staff) that new tracks are not going to be added this year due to multiple reasons, there will be always one thread per week with this subject.

And as for their long term plans, we don't know what they planned for next year or beyond that, due to very unusual circumstances that's going on around the world currently.

  • Agree 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, marioho said:

 

The thing is, actual development workwork, credibility, shallow and deeply informed statement are all benchmarks to which you did poorly on this thread than Mather.

Time and time again people gave you insight on how these things aren't necessarily feasible from a development, business or legal point of view and your responses to these comments are either non-existent or don't hold any water. 

People have not given any actual insight in this thread, because they are not in a position to have any actual insight.  But go back and read the original post, I updated it.

  • Agree 1
  • Disagree 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, ElcorHamlet said:

We are the customer, it's our job to put pressure on them and tell them what we want.  I never said anything about it being for free. 

What Lee Mather said should not be taken at face value.  His role in interviews is to market the game, not to plan or do the actual development work.  He also said that laser scanned tracks were not as accurate as the ones in the game, which doesn't help his credibility.  His comment was very shallow and sounded very much like trying to set expectations as low as possible, rather than a deeply informed statement.  

I stand by my original comment that "it's just not possible" is not a reasonable response.  It is possible.  Perhaps very difficult, but not impossible.  

As this topic and many topic shows there is no "we". There is only "me". If the customer was "we" Codemasters would be pulling their hair out as "we" would not have bought the game because of issues talked about a lot on this forum. I'm probably what you would call a Codies apologist but I am not really. I'm just looking out for my interests in this game. Codies add a lot of stuff in the game I demand so I keep an eye out they don't waste their time on stuff I don't care about. That's what everybody does on this forum. Everyone wants to tailor the game to their needs not the needs of the many. So don't speak as my voice as you are not the voice of the customer. You are the voice of one of many of the customers.

I don't want more tracks, I want better customization of My Team, I couldn't care less for more tracks, I already shortened my career to 16 tracks so I don't need more. I could go all 'I want my money back" or 'the game is unplayable" or all that kinda dissing on developers because what I really want is not taking care of but I'm just one of many customers. I have to share my wants with people who have other wants like more tracks. If anything should be pressured it is my needs :classic_cool:

  • Thanks 1
  • Agree 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, BelgiumDude said:

As this topic and many topic shows there is no "we". There is only "me". If the customer was "we" Codemasters would be pulling their hair out as "we" would not have bought the game because of issues talked about a lot on this forum. I'm probably what you would call a Codies apologist but I am not really. I'm just looking out for my interests in this game. Codies add a lot of stuff in the game I demand so I keep an eye out they don't waste their time on stuff I don't care about. That's what everybody does on this forum. Everyone wants to tailor the game to their needs not the needs of the many. So don't speak as my voice as you are not the voice of the customer. You are the voice of one of many of the customers.

I don't want more tracks, I want better customization of My Team, I couldn't care less for more tracks, I already shortened my career to 16 tracks so I don't need more. I could go all 'I want my money back" or 'the game is unplayable" or all that kinda dissing on developers because what I really want is not taking care of but I'm just one of many customers. I have to share my wants with people who have other wants like more tracks. If anything should be pressured it is my needs :classic_cool:

You are completely entitled to voice your opinions about what you want, and the fact that it differs from what I want is completely fine.  The things that I want and the things that you want do not have to be at odds with each other.  

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, ElcorHamlet said:

People have not given any actual insight in this thread, because they are not in a position to have any actual insight.  But go back and read the original post, I updated it.

I as a laywer with actual experience in the field don't have any insight (or any more than your vague commenting) on licensing? A guy with experience in 3D assets and modeling circuits for software does not have any insight?

Why not change the title of this topic and make it "Pressure should be on landing on mars in the next year and developing a covid-19 vaccine next month". For all it's worth, your "it's hard but not impossible" spiel fits just as perfectly 

  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
×
×
  • Create New...