Bug Reporting - PLEASE FOLLOW RULES AND COMPLETE REPORTS Read more... ×

Force feedback issue while turning under braking

Posted (edited)

1.       A detailed description of the issue. Please include any error codes here.

When I’m going in to sharp turns (like turn 3 at Austria) and put on the brakes and turn im getting a skipping feel from the force feedback, it’s starts off normal then kinda mid turn it feels like a jump in the force feedback.

2.       Platform

PS4

3.       What version of the game you are using (Shown on the start screen in the bottom left corner of the screen) 

4.       Game-mode? 

My team and TT (only what I have played so far)

5.       What are your replication numbers? Minimum test attempts are 4. Please also add EXACT replication steps for us to try too. 

Had it from scratch doing 50%races and are at race 13, maybe 1hour of TT, try any track, most obvious In sharp turns under braking.

6.       What troubleshooting have you attempted? Please always try to attempt to fix the issue 

Been trying to change all of the settings on my wheel. Also went back and did some laps on f12019 and no problems there.

7.       What peripherals are you are using (gamepad, wheel make & model etc)

Fanatec csl elite f1 Bundle 

8.       Any screenshots or video of the issue? If the video is long, please include a timestamp for when the issue appears.   

Hope this one helps it’s mostly a feel thing but I think it’s pretty obvious here kinda mid turn as u even can hear it.

Edited by Tomekjunior
  • Agree 2

That's due to turning too much at a certain speed. You can turn that feature off (understeer enhanced) It's to let you know you've got no grip. 

14 minutes ago, inspiretheworld said:

That's due to turning too much at a certain speed. You can turn that feature off (understeer enhanced) It's to let you know you've got no grip. 

Thanks for reply but i have understeer enhance off, had that at the beginning when I started to play f1games and that’s a completely  different feeling than this, my experience with having that on is that the FF goes light but that’s not the case here.

31 minutes ago, Tomekjunior said:

Thanks for reply but i have understeer enhance off, had that at the beginning when I started to play f1games and that’s a completely  different feeling than this, my experience with having that on is that the FF goes light but that’s not the case here.

Not a clue then. Maybe turn the force feedback down a little so it's not as strong. 

54 minutes ago, BarryBL said:

What are your FFB settings @Tomekjunior

In game settings 

Force feedback strength 75

On track effects 7

Rumble strip 30

Off track effects 20

Damper 0

Understeer enhance off

Tuning menu settings

Force feedback 90

DRI Off

Fei 20

For 100

Spr 100

Dpr 100

Bli off

Sho 100

This has nothing to do with brakes and occurs even without brakes. Had already made a thread in the beta forum.

The problem occurs when you turn into the curve and the FFB suddenly breaks away. Although the car is not understeered, not oversteered and does not lock wheels.

David Greco doesn't know what it can be either, it's probably Fanatec's fault.

It is mostly with the PS4 on and with Fanatec Base DD and CSL.
With me and some other drivers I know.

The handling of the game is perfect, but this error destroys it.

4 hours ago, inspiretheworld said:

It's not because of that, but it feels just like that!

Posted (edited)

Ps4 pro with Thrustmaster T-GT with F1 Add on. 

Understeer is OFF.

Did notice this also. You can try to replicate this on Austria, turn 3 and 4. It is really noticable on those 3 turns for example. 

Circuit_A1_Ring.png.1ab49d787b6637a1c32eff8de067eceb.png

My FFB settings:

20200721_231022.jpg

I did not had this with the F1 2019 game. I use the same FFB settings on F1 2019 and F1 2020.

Hope this helps to try to replicate this.

This was from Day 1 of the game, but also now on 1.05

Edited by GioProductions
Pictures

I think depending on the attitudes and grip conditions that people have in different places.

(I found it very clear when I was driving an extremely slow outlap in Zandvoort)

But also clearly noticeable under racing conditions

54 minutes ago, LILLHELM said:

I think depending on the attitudes and grip conditions that people have in different places.

(I found it very clear when I was driving an extremely slow outlap in Zandvoort)

But also clearly noticeable under racing conditions

Wet conditions in Singapore was terrible 

Hello, I have a Thrustmaster Tmx and I am experiencing this when under braking and turning. At first I thought about reaching the grip limit with abs off, but in 2019 it didn't do that. 

I play with all assists off and ffb setting around 80-85, on track 35, kerbs 30, off track 25, damper 5 understeer enhancement off; control panel settings ffb 100, damper 100 and orhers at default - platform Xbox version 1.05 but occurring since the beginning.

I have this exact same issue with my Logitech G920 on the PC. It never happened on any other F1 game on the Xbox. I moved from Xbox to PC this year and suddenly it's undrivable. All my settings are the same as they were on the Xbox.

Apart from T3 and T4 in Austria, any other examples in particular. Just, I have a theory that under elevation changes in corners may give you this feeling (T3 is a rise at the exit of the corner, T4 is a drop for example)

3 hours ago, BarryBL said:

Apart from T3 and T4 in Austria, any other examples in particular. Just, I have a theory that under elevation changes in corners may give you this feeling (T3 is a rise at the exit of the corner, T4 is a drop for example)

Im having this issue at every track but It’s more obvious in some turns so you could be right, example turn 2 in China is pretty bad and there u have elevation change. i will think of this and get back to you, but in the wet it’s really bad for me in almost every turn..much worse in the wet overall.

• Agree 1

7 minutes ago, Tomekjunior said:

Im having this issue at every track but It’s more obvious in some turns so you could be right, example turn 2 in China is pretty bad and there u have elevation change. i will think of this and get back to you, but in the wet it’s really bad for me in almost every turn..much worse in the wet overall.

Silly question because I have the same material but never experience such a thing, did you update your CSL base and wheel firmware?

2 minutes ago, philappleraily said:

Silly question because I have the same material but never experience such a thing, did you update your CSL base and wheel firmware?

Yes I have 🙂 it's so weird cause I’ve tried going back to f12019 and no problems there..but I know others that have this problem with same setup.. think Fanatec is looking at the problem too..

8 hours ago, philappleraily said:

Many have the problem, no matter b CSL or DD ....

On 7/31/2020 at 9:58 AM, BarryBL said:

It was happening through abbey and copse at Silverstone. Also into the chicane at Hungary. What I really don't understand is the massive snaps I get on the straights. It's different to the wheel wobble that you'd expect at high speeds, it just randomly aggressively snaps.

Posted (edited)
On 7/31/2020 at 10:58 AM, BarryBL said:

With more gametime now I think it’s fair to say that it’s worse when it’s a corner with elevation changes but the feeling can be there in all turns and in the wet it’s bad all the time..

Edited by Tomekjunior

Still doesn't explain why the wheel suddenly turns left really hard down the middle of a straight, and through the next few corners then suddenly just stop. It makes no sense and has meant i have had to turn ffb off. I'm really disappointing by this. It's obviously a bug in the game.

Can all users please make sure they update the Fanatec driver and firmware and use a USB 2.0 port? 

Latest is v372 Firmware v674 (CSL E and CSW 2.5) if you update your motor firmware it will be v22 (although I can't see mine in driver v372).

For the Formula v2 wheels the firmware is v35 and the CSL Elite Pedals is v19.

2 hours ago, steviejay69 said:

Can all users please make sure they update the Fanatec driver and firmware and use a USB 2.0 port? 

Latest is v372 Firmware v674 (CSL E and CSW 2.5) if you update your motor firmware it will be v22 (although I can't see mine in driver v372).

For the Formula v2 wheels the firmware is v35 and the CSL Elite Pedals is v19.

Have tried this driver and it didn’t help..driver 328 is the one where the issue is the least obvious for me. It’s still there but it’s not so bad that I can’t drive with it, have updated fanatec on the problem too.

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

@BarryBL

I am on Thrustmaster T-GT with latest software.

I ran into this also with F2 car at Abu Dhabi. 

Turn 8, 11 and 17:

image.png

Edited by GioProductions