Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

G27 causing game to CTD and detection issue

Hi

The game loads fine with the keyboard, I can get to the race and everything. But when I plug in my G27 the game won't detect the wheel so I power cycle the G27 to refresh it which causes the game to instantly CTD. In previous F1 titles the game would detect the wheel from the start but the wheel would be loose so I had to power cycle to refresh to make the wheel act normally, this never caused a crash. I have all the necessary logitech stuff working properly and have even created a profile for f1 2015 and launched the game from the profiler. I am running windows 8.1.

Thanks

Dan

Update:

I have managed to get the wheel to detect, it comes up in the settings correctly as a G27 and all the buttons detect. Except the wheel is loose and dead and the 4 red buttons on the shifter do not work (these are normally escape, back, accept etc). Furthermore the game is displaying the buttons as A X Y B etc or as xbox controller keys. wtf? The game still CTD when I try to power cycle the wheel to get the steering to feel correct. I think the game is erroneously treating my G27 as a controller pad even though I have never owned a controller pad for this pc and do not have any software for a pad installed.