Jump to content Jump to content

Turning down ambient sounds (crowd cheering)

The race audience is cheering really loud proportionally on certain tracks and it distracts a lot. A slider to turn down all ambient sounds would be awesome as there is no benefit to me except distraughtness. I think Suzuka is on of the worst tracks with regard to this, crowd cheering tunes in abruptly and loud.

• Like 1
  • Agree 7
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • Codemasters Staff

Hello guys,

I'm going to need a good MOR on this one. We've had a listen on both headphones and in our mix studio and the crowd is actually pretty well balanced, certainly not like the attached video. This is either a bug or we've already addressed this mix issue in one of the patches since launch.

Are you still finding this issue? If so what's your setup, platform, any specific audio options you've used etc...

Woww that is loud. I never experience that kind of sound in the game, not on Zandvoort or any other tracks. 

I use a JBL 5.1 soundbar or a Logitech G935 headset.

My sound settings is almost the same as you. Only different is my Master volume is 9, Effects is 10 and Speech is 10.

Could it be your TV audio settings? Did you had a check on your Tv/monitor audio settings?

Edited by GioProductions
  • 3 weeks later...
On 9/17/2020 at 5:06 PM, issueskid said:

Hello guys,

I'm going to need a good MOR on this one. We've had a listen on both headphones and in our mix studio and the crowd is actually pretty well balanced, certainly not like the attached video. This is either a bug or we've already addressed this mix issue in one of the patches since launch.

Are you still finding this issue? If so what's your setup, platform, any specific audio options you've used etc...

Still finding this issue unfortunately. Can't hear engine and tires well enough over the crowd, and it's really disturbing... Sounds just like the replay from video posted to YT on every lap. PC - Steam - V1.10 - Default audio settings (only turned off Jeff) - Driving the esports event at monza in example. Video: https://youtu.be/XgMm3DoCvp8
Edit: Quitting the game and turning it on again fixed the issue. Clearly a bug, but would still like to turn crowds completely off (or have a slider).

Edited by SonnyHD
  • 2 months later...
  • 8 months later...

August 2021 this happening now, not changed audio for 8 months, all on 10 and crowd is hyper loud drowning out everything else. PS4 on 55" 4k Samsung TV & Headphones. This hasn't happened before August. Can't just be me?