Jump to content
F1 2020 |NEW PATCH AND DRIVER RATINGS | READ ME!!! Read more... ×
Vote for the best MyTeam story now! Read more... ×

The STATE of this game....

Recommended Posts

Hello guys!

I feel like i need to write something about this year's game. After testing the beta in 2019 and 2020. My expectations were good for the new game.

With all those new features and other stuff it looked very promising so i decided to go again for early acces for 70 euros.

This was my worst decision ever.. After the game release the game is FULL of bugs, errors, loading screens and in game bugs! After testing the beta this was really the last thing i would expect, But we got it...

If you guys want i can make such a big list with BIG BIG errors in this game, the game is just unplayable at the moment EVEN after the patches. Everything has just been worse then ever! And let me not talk about the track limits or the game just stopping ALWAYS after 15 minutes.

For me this game is even more broken then FIFA 20 release and with the new patches it looks VERY very unfortunate for this year's game.

Now is my question what is CODEMASTERS gonna do about this? All what we see now is they thinks how amazing there new game is... But it is the worst f1 game in years!

Let me not start about the pitchcoins or season pass, like i said there is to much wrong!!!

PLEASE see this codemasters, otherwise its going only downhill for now. And i hate to say this....

All those problems are on the Xbox One Console.

Thanks for your time and have a nice day,

 

 

  • Disagree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Sorry, I was a bit unkind there, my apologies.

Edited by KittyFit90
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is not a rant mate, This are all things wich is wrong with this year's game.

Because i had so much fun with F1 2017, F1 2018 and F1 2019 i also hate to make this sort of thing..

  • Agree 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

For me this years game is bug free (PC and wheel) and a joy to play. Had the best battles with the ai during races I've ever had in this series. 

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

For you it is a nice game then. 

I can tell you the game on XBOX is a big big nightmare unfortunate. 

So its hard for you with only on PC to talk about those problems, because the game works fine on PC

Thanks anyways 

  • Agree 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

And you know that racing against AI isn’t what is what we are talking about. 
Its 2020 mate, games have multiplayer, it plays a big part of the game. But it’s bot the only Problem if online doesn’t work how it should. There are so many things wrong with this game. Either on ps4 or xbox. Still didn’t receive my pitcoins I payed for, nor does my podiumpass work. ***?

what happened with the handling model? Feels way more arcadey and floaty as ever 

  • Agree 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On the other hand it's wrong to say the game is unplayable, if bugs or crashes only occur in one mode. I totally understand the frustration if something didn't work like it should, but i hate it if individual bugs are generalized over the complete game.

As i said in another thread, i'm wondering the last years because i mainly found maybe 10% of the bugs stated in this forum. Maybe i had luck or i didn't use the mode others uses. I don't know.

  • Agree 2
  • Disagree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah because the game on PC works FINE they say.

Trust me when i say the game on xbox is in a bad state, it is really in a bad state. 

Its hard to believe for you guys when you play only PC, but its horrific at the moment and yes it is unplayable on xbox! 

If your game stops every 15 minutes and lots of things are missing, while i payed 70 euro's. Yes its unplayable for me..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, kevar84 said:

Yeah because the game on PC works FINE they say.

Trust me when i say the game on xbox is in a bad state, it is really in a bad state. 

Its hard to believe for you guys when you play only PC, but its horrific at the moment and yes it is unplayable on xbox! 

If your game stops every 15 minutes and lots of things are missing, while i payed 70 euro's. Yes its unplayable for me..

I've played some buggy messes of games before, I can sympathize, have hope though, the PC version is a gem (don't know about MP couldn't be less interested for obvious reasons see above), CM will get the Xbox version up to scratch and it will be worth while. 

  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Again, i would say we will also find enough xbox player, which would say it's fine. So i find the statement unplayable a bit harsh.

Maybe it is better on PC, but there are also pc player which stated it's unplayable. That makes the statement a bit unbelieveable. :classic_happy:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, kevar84 said:

Hello guys!

I feel like i need to write something about this year's game. After testing the beta in 2019 and 2020. My expectations were good for the new game.

With all those new features and other stuff it looked very promising so i decided to go again for early acces for 70 euros.

This was my worst decision ever.. After the game release the game is FULL of bugs, errors, loading screens and in game bugs! After testing the beta this was really the last thing i would expect, But we got it...

If you guys want i can make such a big list with BIG BIG errors in this game, the game is just unplayable at the moment EVEN after the patches. Everything has just been worse then ever! And let me not talk about the track limits or the game just stopping ALWAYS after 15 minutes.

For me this game is even more broken then FIFA 20 release and with the new patches it looks VERY very unfortunate for this year's game.

Now is my question what is CODEMASTERS gonna do about this? All what we see now is they thinks how amazing there new game is... But it is the worst f1 game in years!

Let me not start about the pitchcoins or season pass, like i said there is to much wrong!!!

PLEASE see this codemasters, otherwise its going only downhill for now. And i hate to say this....

All those problems are on the Xbox One Console.

Thanks for your time and have a nice day,

 

 

Hello :classic_wink:

You could feel that need by adding to "few" other threads that cover same topic. Although, points that you make are actually normal and not really "in line" with those "nice other threads".:classic_biggrin: As for beta-full game, I agree, I don't know how most of the games become different between beta/demo and full release.

Second part, in my view exactly new features made me cautious, as I don't expect the game with big new feature to work from the start.

As for "stopping ALWAYS after 15 minutes", I didn't see everyone mentioning that, so that could be related to specific circumstances/programs running in background. I haven't check bug reports for a few days, but did you manage to record it, take a crash report and fill the bug report?

I am mostly playing singleplayer, as I don't have time to dedicate myself to league and I love my nerves so not trying with random races.:classic_laugh: That's why I am not aware of most of multiplayer issues. But it is multiplayer, if there is no dedicated server it needs all participants to have almost perfect connection. Which unfortunately is not working perfectly in the world, even if you are playing with neighbor. :classic_sad:

  • Disagree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You guys do really not understand...

The game is unplayable on XBOX. 

PC the game works fine, you can not argue with me because we are not on the same console.

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, kevar84 said:

You guys do really not understand...

The game is unplayable on XBOX. 

PC the game works fine, you can not argue with me because we are not on the same console.

I don't see how the game could be completely borked on a single platform. The differences are usually just API stuff.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thats not the point

You say it's unplayable, but you missed to say "for you". Maybe we find another xbox player which says it's fine. What's then?

Don't get me wrong, if it doesn't work for you it's really bad and i feel for you. But don't generalize complains. That makes it always a bit uneblieveable and childish.

  • Like 1
  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Have to say, I've been playing since day of release with Schumi edition, on Xbox 1 X, and haven't encountered anything that makes it unplayable. Granted, I don't race online, because it's not my thing. However, career and Myteam has been faultless. Guess I've also been lucky in the fact I received my PitCoin as expected. 

  • Agree 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As an Xbox player, technically the game was not "unplayable", but it was frustrating enough to make me NOT want to play it before the 1.05 patch, but now with the new bug that forces the camera to look back under breaking or left/right under steering, it definitely is unplayable.

I have enough faith in Codies that they will fix the issues, and I'm grown up enough to know that the current global pandemic has no doubt had an impact on the development of this game. It's unfortunate because the gameplay is so much fun!

 

  • Agree 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, kevar84 said:

You guys do really not understand...

The game is unplayable on XBOX. 

PC the game works fine, you can not argue with me because we are not on the same console.

Did you fill bug report in F1 2020 Technical assistance sub-forum? With details about your game version, your game platform, details about crash and if possible to record it (screen record or use phone)... That part of forum works for all platforms, so I am not arguing with you about (un)playable, I am arguing about bug reported or not... :classic_wink:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, UFLCamo said:

And you know that racing against AI isn’t what is what we are talking about. 
Its 2020 mate, games have multiplayer, it plays a big part of the game. But it’s bot the only Problem if online doesn’t work how it should. There are so many things wrong with this game. Either on ps4 or xbox. Still didn’t receive my pitcoins I payed for, nor does my podiumpass work. ***?

what happened with the handling model? Feels way more arcadey and floaty as ever 

Well according to real F1 drivers it's now better and more realistic but what would they know.

  • Agree 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, TL77 said:

Well according to real F1 drivers it's now better and more realistic but what would they know.

Agreed. The handling model is this games biggest saving grace.

  • Agree 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Mate, he was in the betas, he did the work which a good paid quality testing program should have done. Somehow the game on launch was more riddled with bugs than in the beta. He probably also has more spent more time in the Game than all of us here combined. 
i don’t understand how you are browsing through this forum without seeing the problems this game is clearly having (and already had with earlier iterations)

 

for some wheelusers it was and still is literally impossible to play the game bc of camera bugs and ffb settings not applying 

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

I've actually spoken with someone who works at Codemasters Birmingham. I'm not gonna say their name or department they work in because I don't want to give Codemasters the chance to have an excuse to kick anybody out (as I know this has happened before), but this is what they said:

 

"Codemasters know the game has lots of issues and glitches, but they still get lots of sales so they don't worry about it much".

"They also decide to make a new game every year for bigger sales rather than DLC to fix issues or update to a new season".

 

Make of it what you will, but is this really a company who cares about their market?

 

 

 

 

Edited by AoiAsahina
  • Like 1
  • Agree 3
  • Disagree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, AoiAsahina said:

I've actually spoken with someone who works at Codemasters Birmingham. I'm not gonna say their name or department they work in because I don't want to give Codemasters the chance to have an excuse to kick anybody out (as I know this has happened before), but this is what they said:

 

"Codemasters know the game has lots of issues and glitches, but they still get lots of sales so they don't worry about it much".

"They also decide to make a new game every year for bigger sales rather than DLC to fix issues or update to a new season".

 

Make of it what you will, but is this really a company who cares about their market?

 

 

 

 

I bet it was Rob in marketing wasn't it? 

  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I suppose it's then down to each individual whether they continue to buy the game each year. Ultimately you have the power to make them change, if you feel that's their view. I struggle to understand the number of people who post on here saying 'it happens every year/game'. 

Well then, don't buy it! Either skip it completely, or wait until other users can testify that it's worth spending your money. 

 

  • Confused 1
  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
1 minute ago, amazingblaze said:

I suppose it's then down to each individual whether they continue to buy the game each year. Ultimately you have the power to make them change, if you feel that's their view. I struggle to understand the number of people who post on here saying 'it happens every year/game'. 

Well then, don't buy it! Either skip it completely, or wait until other users can testify that it's worth spending your money. 

 

Nah that requires too much maturity:classic_tongue: Better to spend the money, then come here and whine.

Edited by KittyFit90
Addendum.
  • Haha 3
  • Disagree 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

×