Jump to content Jump to content

DRS LIGHTS and ERS change

4 minutes ago, Akkan74 said:

I have also two rotarys at the side. One for Fuel +/- and one for ERS +/-. I have also assigned one Button as Overtake button. As i understood it right i could use the button in race and practice, but the rotary did nothing and i could use the rotary in Quali, but the button would do nothing. That was my understanding how it works and thats the understanding i have used for button binding, but i have to test it first. At the moment i did a lot of TT, where i only use the button for overtake.

My new wheel has a lot of buttons more and two rotarys more. I hope this is enough for all functions. :classic_wink:

I have also assign now a special overtake button and name it also that way. So  i am using that for Overtake in the F1 2020 game. Left yello button. Works good.

The MFD button is not the MFD for the game, but for my display. So i can toggle between the digital display designs i have (one with info during race, one with tyre temp and 1 with leaderboard info)

20200723_133153.jpg

Edited by GioProductions
Info
  • Agree 2

Like I said when I started this Topic. In the image you can see me on a quali in a Grand Prix. I am on DRS zone and activate and unfortunately the 4 green led light it’s not on and I don’t know why, and that it was one of my doubts. When I’m on Time Trial or on-line race instead of green led its normal appear 2 purple led lights and its works, no problem in Time Trial. And even more, 1 purple led light when you are in a DRS zone and 2 purple led light when activate. This ir really importante for your interface Between men and machine. Unfortunately I have to change my position cam to like the foto to race on grande prix because I like the cockpit view but without any information about DRS it’s bad to drive and have sense of everything.

hope I had explain to you the main problem and you can help me.

note: I saw a lot of people who this works very Perfect.

thanks.

best Regards to all. 

0C85C834-B603-4B59-AD22-FD289EDB3224.jpeg

The normal would be like i saw in most of the players: offline races like Grand Prix and careers: 2 green led light on drs zone and 4 green led light drs activate. On Time Trial and on-line races: 1 purple led light on drs zone and 2 purple led light when activate drs. 

Just now, GOMEX21 said:

I’ll report yes. Like o said I change my position view. I use cockpit view. And it’s not comfortable don’t have the led lights.

I understood. Can you see the rear wing in the mirror in cockpit view though?

Edited by Ultra3142
Just now, GOMEX21 said:

No. I have to activate to bottom of back view. But like I said it’s not the problem view the rear wing, it will appear the led lights. 

I understood you want the lights to work but was trying to help with a workaround until the bug could be fixed, which is likely to take a while. 

Just now, GOMEX21 said:

Yes I understand. And thanks for that. But what make confusion that I saw some videos on YouTube from people who play F1 2020 and all works by the led lights. 

Which is why I suggested you report your issue so that Codemasters can investigate :classic_smile:.

I'm a poor man pad player so can't offer much to the discussion regarding wheels and buttons except on this tidbit:

On 7/23/2020 at 7:03 PM, Ultra3142 said:

On the two tracks I tested (Hungary and Australia) the ERS battery got nowhere near fully depleted during a single qualifying lap with Hotlap selected all the time. Maybe this varies with track but I'd suggest starting by having it on for the full lap and only worry about turning it down to None if you find it runs out.

That's by design. And not from Codemasters', but FIA's. ERS is limited to a maximum deployment of 4MJ per lap, with the system being turned off automatically once the cap is reached and until you cross the finish line regardless of how much juice you still have in stores. Hotlap or even overtake won't deplete your battery over that cap.

It is capped to 2MJ of harvesting and 4MJ of deployment. Obviously if you're conservative on the ERS use you will end each lap with a surplus, recharging the battery. But these things are all capped. 

• Like 1
17 hours ago, Ultra3142 said:

Which is why I suggested you report your issue so that Codemasters can investigate :classic_smile:.

Mate it is normal when you report something codemasters don't tell you anything? I wrote like we speak yesterday but until now nothing.

Even a few days ago i report another thing and nothing until now.

Thanks.

Cheers.

2 minutes ago, GOMEX21 said:

Mate it is normal when you report something codemasters don't tell you anything? I wrote like we speak yesterday but until now nothing.

Even a few days ago i report another thing and nothing until now.

Thanks.

Cheers.

They have a lot of bugs to deal with. You could bump the thread but realistically this is going to be a low priority compared to some much bigger issues. Reporting the bug as you have is still the only way to try and get it resolved.

To add to what @Ultra3142, that forum is monitored. Like you sneeze in there and lights flare up on Codemasters staff dashboard. Barry's specially. Not every topic needs to receive a tag from the staff to signify that it has reached the team.

I agree is would nice to get a "got you, fam. Will look at this. Stay put, love you" automatically whenever a staff member reads your post there.

• 2 months later...
On 7/24/2020 at 12:03 PM, GioProductions said:

I have also assign now a special overtake button and name it also that way. So  i am using that for Overtake in the F1 2020 game. Left yello button. Works good.

The MFD button is not the MFD for the game, but for my display. So i can toggle between the digital display designs i have (one with info during race, one with tyre temp and 1 with leaderboard info)

20200723_133153.jpg

@GioProductionswhere do you bought that stickers set for the buttons? I had the Fanatec kit buttons caps and stickers set but there are not for me 2 importants stickers: MFD and OVERTAKE. 

29 minutes ago, GOMEX21 said:

@GioProductionswhere do you bought that stickers set for the buttons? I had the Fanatec kit buttons caps and stickers set but there are not for me 2 importants stickers: MFD and OVERTAKE. 

Hey,

I got them from the UK! This guys have every stickers you want! And they are able to make customized stickers for you, as they did for me. I requested Overtake and MFD for example.

You can find them here:

https://simstickers.co.uk/

Hope this helps

Edited by GioProductions
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • 3 weeks later...
On 10/15/2020 at 10:26 PM, GioProductions said:

Hey,

I got them from the UK! This guys have every stickers you want! And they are able to make customized stickers for you, as they did for me. I requested Overtake and MFD for example.

You can find them here:

https://simstickers.co.uk/

Hope this helps

Hi @GioProductions thanks a lot. My stickers arrive Thursday. Today I’ll improve all the personalisation I ask. A lot of options. They work very well and fast the sim stickers. Only 3/4 days to arrive here in Portugal. And the answers and support by email was fantastic. 

cheers mate!

16 minutes ago, GOMEX21 said:

Hi @GioProductions thanks a lot. My stickers arrive Thursday. Today I’ll improve all the personalisation I ask. A lot of options. They work very well and fast the sim stickers. Only 3/4 days to arrive here in Portugal. And the answers and support by email was fantastic. 

cheers mate!

Great! That is the same experience i have with them. Did order a couple of time.

Would love to see the before and After.

Greetings

On 10/31/2020 at 5:23 PM, GioProductions said:

Great! That is the same experience i have with them. Did order a couple of time.

Would love to see the before and After.

Greetings

Hope you like the personalisation! MFD, OVERTAKE, MDF shorcuts, and personalisations of the MIX, ERS, BB, DIFF, think now it’s complete. 

thanks one more time mate.

cheers.

28CACA79-B168-4021-81F6-1E63EFB8A881.jpeg

Edited by GOMEX21
Wrong photo
1 hour ago, GOMEX21 said:

Hope you like the personalisation! MFD, OVERTAKE, MDF shorcuts, and personalisations of the MIX, ERS, BB, DIFF, think now it’s complete. 

thanks one more time mate.

cheers.

28CACA79-B168-4021-81F6-1E63EFB8A881.jpeg

Wauw!!! That looks nice!!! Very very nice wheel and great now with the extra stickers. Enjoy 👍

• Thanks 1