Jump to content Jump to content

ERS Visuals inside Cockpit - HELP

s4ccio

Please could you tell me how can I understand how much ERS can I still use and how much battery I'm recovering if driving with cockpit view?

If I use external camera, the HUD is clearly understandable but I can't get what those 2 white lines on the wheel mean.

The one with "E" and the other one with "R" . 
Is it possible that they are bugged and not showing real usage of ers?

Thank you!

So on your steering wheel: 

• the yellow bar is your overall battery storage you have left - to the left of the bar is the ERS mode you are in in numerical form (0 = none, 1 = medium, 2 = Overtake, 3 = Hotlap);
  • the left white bar underneath this labelled 'D' is the max amount of ERS you can use through a single lap (as per the F1 rules). When this is empty before you have completed the lap, you cannot use any more ERS until you pass the finishing line where it then resets and allows more ERS usage. Note: if your battery (yellow bar) empties too before your 'D' bar is empty, you cannot deploy any more ERS so this 'D' box will stay stationary until you have battery to use (will blink red in this instance);
  • the right white bar under the battery labelled 'H' is how much ERS you have harvested/gained through a lap. Again this is limited so if you fill it completely, you cannot harvest any more ERS. Harvesting is done mainly under braking or, as others have commented, you can harvest more when lifting and coasting.

I assume 'E' and 'R' are the labels on your wheel as you may be in a different language to English so match these up with 'D' and 'H' above.

Also to note that during the race your ERS is set to medium and will automatically deploy and harvest around the lap without you needing to press OT and so the 'D' and 'H' bars will deplete/fill up throughout your lap.

Thank you so much for your detailed answer! I never realized the yellow bar behind the overtake ICON !

What really confused me it was that after few laps I was able to use overtake for the whole lap and for many laps with the D bar not going down so fast. But I incredibly didn't notice the yellow bar, infact I could feel that I didn't have so much power in addition as it should be when usind the ERS boost. The H Bar did increase slowly , and this is normal expecially when braking , and everytime I crossed the line the D Bar was full again. 
I'll look carefully into it tonight, thank you again for your kind answer!

EDIT : Now I understood! The D bar is the maximum ERS you can deploy for one single LAP, for this reason it was decreasing fast in the first lap and then slowly, because infact I was deploying a little % of ERS because my battery was empty!
Thank you again!

• 11 months later...
On 7/23/2020 at 1:47 PM, martbloke said:

So on your steering wheel: 

• the yellow bar is your overall battery storage you have left - to the left of the bar is the ERS mode you are in in numerical form (0 = none, 1 = medium, 2 = Overtake, 3 = Hotlap);

Also, a huge thank you for this.  This info really should be in a proper game manual online or explained when in the game settings.  Hope EA sports can let the moths out their pockets and produce a pdf manual.  Trawling around the www for this info is such a waste of time.

Also with ERS Assist on - what does it actually do??

I haven't noticed any better lap times with Assist On or Off and not used.

I would have expected the game to deploy ERS and the steering wheel indicators to show the changing settings - OVERTAKE in Green when deployed and the ERS %, D and H data to change.

Any ideas??

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/26/2021 at 1:56 PM, Pin6all_Wizard said:

Also with ERS Assist on - what does it actually do??

I haven't noticed any better lap times with Assist On or Off and not used.

I would have expected the game to deploy ERS and the steering wheel indicators to show the changing settings - OVERTAKE in Green when deployed and the ERS %, D and H data to change.

Any ideas??

Sorry I have only just seen this. Not been on the forums much.

I believe ERS Assist On is the AI doing all the changing of ERS for you so you don't have to worry about it whatsoever; this also includes Overtake. I haven't actually used it at all so don't quote me on that 😉

Archived