Bug Reporting - PLEASE FOLLOW RULES AND COMPLETE REPORTS Read more... ×
F1 2020 | PITCOINS NOW ASSIGNED - ONLINE SERVICES BACK ONLINE| READ ME!!! Read more... ×

2019 crash carried on into 2020

Hi,

In the very last week of using F1 2019, the game would crash as it tried to load my last savegame. It would run through the opening screens until it got to the point where it would need to open the savegame and then I would get the EGO Dumper 'We're sorry, but your game has crashed!' screen. At this point all I could do was hit the 'Send Report' button. I repeated this half a dozen times or more over a couple of days before admitting to myself that this was a game breaking issue that wasn't going to fix itself. The only option I had was to uninstall and reinstall the game which made no difference. Not knowing how the system works I could only assume that the savegame file was either in a location on my PC and was still being called up at the start of the game or it was being downloaded from somewhere else.

As it happened, it wasn't a huge deal as I knew I was going to get my copy of F1 2020 within a few days. However, the EGO Dumper page still appears when loading 2020 but doesn't crash the game. This is what happens;

a. I launch 2020 from the desktop shortcut

b. I see the Steam black box saying 'Preparing to launch F1 2020'

c. I get the EGO Dumper page and hit the 'Send Report' button.

e. The game then loads to the front page (with the 4 drivers and 'Press Any Button', and showing 'Version 1.05') but the screen is frozen - background music is playing but pressing any button on the keyboard doesn't do anything.

f. At this point the game hasn't gone full screen so I can see that in the quick launch bar the F1 2020 icon is showing orange so I press the Windows Start key which returns me to the desktop.

g. I click on the icon and it takes me back to the game front page where pressing any button now works and the game loads as it should.

I think I have covered everything you need in your 'bug report' template but I will continue with it here;

1.       As above

2.       PC
3.       V 1.05
4.       N/A
5.       As above - ie with F1 2019 probably 6 - 8. With F1 2020 every time I load the game (at least once per day).
6.       F1 2019 I uninstalled and reinstalled the game
7.       Fanatec McLaren GT3 wheel, CSL Elite wheelbase and Clubsport V3 pedals
8.       N/A

Regards

Trevor Longden

47 minutes ago, Lurtz said:

Hi,

In the very last week of using F1 2019, the game would crash as it tried to load my last savegame. It would run through the opening screens until it got to the point where it would need to open the savegame and then I would get the EGO Dumper 'We're sorry, but your game has crashed!' screen. At this point all I could do was hit the 'Send Report' button. I repeated this half a dozen times or more over a couple of days before admitting to myself that this was a game breaking issue that wasn't going to fix itself. The only option I had was to uninstall and reinstall the game which made no difference. Not knowing how the system works I could only assume that the savegame file was either in a location on my PC and was still being called up at the start of the game or it was being downloaded from somewhere else.

As it happened, it wasn't a huge deal as I knew I was going to get my copy of F1 2020 within a few days. However, the EGO Dumper page still appears when loading 2020 but doesn't crash the game. This is what happens;

a. I launch 2020 from the desktop shortcut

b. I see the Steam black box saying 'Preparing to launch F1 2020'

c. I get the EGO Dumper page and hit the 'Send Report' button.

e. The game then loads to the front page (with the 4 drivers and 'Press Any Button', and showing 'Version 1.05') but the screen is frozen - background music is playing but pressing any button on the keyboard doesn't do anything.

f. At this point the game hasn't gone full screen so I can see that in the quick launch bar the F1 2020 icon is showing orange so I press the Windows Start key which returns me to the desktop.

g. I click on the icon and it takes me back to the game front page where pressing any button now works and the game loads as it should.

I think I have covered everything you need in your 'bug report' template but I will continue with it here;

1.       As above

2.       PC
3.       V 1.05
4.       N/A
5.       As above - ie with F1 2019 probably 6 - 8. With F1 2020 every time I load the game (at least once per day).
6.       F1 2019 I uninstalled and reinstalled the game
7.       Fanatec McLaren GT3 wheel, CSL Elite wheelbase and Clubsport V3 pedals
8.       N/A

Regards

Trevor Longden

Hey Trevor, a dxdiag helps or (even better) the crash dump zip. 

Sorry to have to ask, but where will I find the crash dump zips? Would it help if I sent the one from today and also one from when it happened loading F1 2019?

Posted (edited)

@steviejay69 With reference to the issue quoted above, how do you know if the CM people have picked up on it? Do you get any kind of acknowledgement that it is being looked at?

Edited by Lurtz
Grammar

50 minutes ago, Lurtz said:

@steviejay69 With reference to the issue quoted above, how do you know if the CM people have picked up on it? Do you get any kind of acknowledgement that it is being looked at?

If they reply or tag then that's it.

As previously mentioned, a DXDiag would really help with your issue @Lurtz

Apologies. When @steviejay69 said; 

On 7/23/2020 at 2:56 PM, steviejay69 said:

a dxdiag helps or (even better) the crash dump zip. 

I thought it was a choice of either - not both. My mistake. Here is the file;

DxDiag.txt

Loving the label printer as a DirectInput device.

There's some driver scaling going on with that display. Try disabling some audio devices and maybe look at updating the headset firmware if poss.

If you have MBAM (paid), try disabling the active scanning (or turn your trial to free).

But, I think the crash dump gives CM a bit more. 

steviejay69 I am guessing the label printer being designated as a DirectInput device is not normal? It is just a pnp Dymo but it is plugged into a port on a monitor stand that I use. Must be because of that.

I'll look at disabling some of the audio devices but the Arctis is only 6 weeks old so the firmware will be current.

I don't have MBAM.

Thanks for your help with this.