Bug Reporting - PLEASE FOLLOW RULES AND COMPLETE REPORTS Read more... ×
F1 2020 | PITCOINS NOW ASSIGNED - ONLINE SERVICES BACK ONLINE| READ ME!!! Read more... ×

G29 Off Centered only in F1 2020

Posted (edited)

Hi, here is my problem :

1.      My G29 wheel is off centered in game. I don't have this issue with other games (Assetto Corsa) and my wheel seems to be correctly recognized by windows, I calibrated it and it works fine. But in F1 2020, my wheel is off centered. In the settings, my wheel needs to be maintenant slightly on the left to be centered and it seems like there's a bit of wooblyness. When I try to turn my wheel, there is a dead zone as if the wheel thinks it's centered. When I reach the end of this zone, it acts normally but there is this zone when I but my back on the centered position. In the settings, when my wheel is centered, it's written "8" in the direction data.

EDIT : It worked before, I played 10 hours of F1 2020 before the issue arised.

2.       Platform : PC
3.       What version of the game you are using ? 1.05
4.       Game-mode? Every game-mode
5.       What are your replication numbers? Everytime I try to play the game. At least 10 since this morning.
6.       What troubleshooting have you attempted? Reinstall the wheel, the game, logitech G-HUB, restarting the computer between each steps.
7.       What peripherals are you are using (gamepad, wheel make & model etc) : Logitech G29
8.       Any screenshots or video of the issue? If the video is long, please include a timestamp for when the issue appears. 

01.jpg

02.jpg

03.jpg

04.jpg

05.jpg

06.jpg

Edited by Lotei
Title change

Update : When I launched the game, it seems like the issue had resolved itself but after a few minutes, it came back.

I'm having this problem too with my Logitech G27 but it hasn't resolved itself. The number that my wheel is out by has changed form -6 to -5. The game is unplayable like this which is very annoying.

Same issue here, playing on PC. The wheel is not calibrated, and extremely soft, undrivable. Reinstalling the Logitech G Hub seems to fix the issue, but after a system restart, the issue is back. This does not happen on any other racing game. Is there a bug report for this issue already? This needs to be fixed immediatelly.

Posted (edited)

I had this with my G920 on xbox, off centre alignment, erratic ffb, impossible to drive. Turned out to be my usb splitter / hub. Was practically new too. Swapped to an extension cable and all resolved. Have you tried a different USB port? 

Edited by Rango

3 hours ago, Rango said:

I had this with my G920 on xbox, off centre alignment, erratic ffb, impossible to drive. Turned out to be my usb splitter / hub. Was practically new too. Swapped to an extension cable and all resolved. Have you tried a different USB port? 

I've tried various usb ports but if it was that you would expect the wheel to be off in other games too

• Agree 1

I have a g29 wheel and after winning the  f2 championship I lost the usage of my wheel tried everything will not work 

• Like 1

Been waiting for fix  hoping it won’t take to much longer

6 minutes ago, Roy52 said:

I have a g29 wheel and after winning the  f2 championship I lost the usage of my wheel tried everything will not work 

Same.

Same issue on my G27.  Was fine on release week but I haven't played for a while.  I'm assuming the issue started in one of the recent updates.  Wheel felt great out of the box day 1.  At the time I was amazed as that very rare. Now feels terrible.  Normally its terrible day 1 and then patched :)

Ryzen 3900 and Radon 5700XT in case my specs match anyone else with the issue.

Had it with my Thrustmaster TMX. Also posted a bug report a few hours before you I think.

On 7/23/2020 at 6:05 PM, Lotei said:

Hi, here is my problem :

1.      My G29 wheel is off centered in game. I don't have this issue with other games (Assetto Corsa) and my wheel seems to be correctly recognized by windows, I calibrated it and it works fine. But in F1 2020, my wheel is off centered. In the settings, my wheel needs to be maintenant slightly on the left to be centered and it seems like there's a bit of wooblyness. When I try to turn my wheel, there is a dead zone as if the wheel thinks it's centered. When I reach the end of this zone, it acts normally but there is this zone when I but my back on the centered position. In the settings, when my wheel is centered, it's written "8" in the direction data.

EDIT : It worked before, I played 10 hours of F1 2020 before the issue arised.

2.       Platform : PC
3.       What version of the game you are using ? 1.05
4.       Game-mode? Every game-mode
5.       What are your replication numbers? Everytime I try to play the game. At least 10 since this morning.
6.       What troubleshooting have you attempted? Reinstall the wheel, the game, logitech G-HUB, restarting the computer between each steps.
7.       What peripherals are you are using (gamepad, wheel make & model etc) : Logitech G29
8.       Any screenshots or video of the issue? If the video is long, please include a timestamp for when the issue appears. 

when you start your computer have the wheel unplugged after computer started plug the wheel in and see if it fixes the issue

12 hours ago, mrvice said:

when you start your computer have the wheel unplugged after computer started plug the wheel in and see if it fixes the issue

Just tried with my G27.  No difference, thanks for putting up an idea 🙂

Quite an annoying bug as the game isn't playable like this.  What is interesting is I lauched F1 2019 and thats got the exact same issue.  So I'm wondering if its a bug with some software on my PC and codemasters games.  I might reload Autosport and see if that has the issue too.

No other racing games show the issue and those include, asseto corsa, Project Cars 2, Dirt, rFactor, Horizon 4, Euro Truck and Snow Runner.

Posted (edited)
16 hours ago, longun said:

Just tried with my G27.  No difference, thanks for putting up an idea 🙂

Quite an annoying bug as the game isn't playable like this.  What is interesting is I lauched F1 2019 and thats got the exact same issue.  So I'm wondering if its a bug with some software on my PC and codemasters games.  I might reload Autosport and see if that has the issue too.

No other racing games show the issue and those include, asseto corsa, Project Cars 2, Dirt, rFactor, Horizon 4, Euro Truck and Snow Runner.

Thats interresting the last possible thing you can try is to re-bind the steering ingame and check your logitech sofware.
M6NAs9K.png.bfcd035144298212124ce1aac5a2b5b9.png

And then ingame rebind left and right steering 
select steer left turn your wheel full to the left
select steer right turn your wheel full to the right.

And see if that get´s rid of the issue.

Additional information
Because i said plug the wheel in after the pc bootet this is done because the wheel calibrates itself right after it gets plugged in if you would have it plugged in during boot some motherboards tend to power the usb ports then de-power them and power them again wich ruins the calibration of the wheel until you re-plugg it.
----
I don´t think your wheel is damage because you would have the same issue in other games then. 
Don´t know if you have other configuration software running in the background if so try to close them.
Try disable steam big picture mode < in steam settings
Steam->settings-Ingame - uncheck use big picture overlay
if that doesn´t work i would say something is wrong with the game.

Edited by mrvice

Having the exact same issue. At first I could get into a race and get maybe a couple corners in before the wheel would go about 20 degrees off center but now it's there soon as I boot the game up. Tried playing F1 2019 thinking that it might just be a 2020 bug but nope, happens in that game too. 

This needs sorting asap, both games are essentially unplayable.