Bug Reporting - PLEASE FOLLOW RULES AND COMPLETE REPORTS Read more... ×
F1 2021 | BETA | Details and how to Apply Here Read more... ×

F1 2020 1.05 CRASH WHEN FLASHBACK

I played for a while in "medium" and "high" presets settings, and it was all OK!

I tried with all settings on maximum, BUT "Ambient Occlusion" on HBAO+ (and NOT ASSAO like before) --> crashed during flashback!

Restarted, went on graphic settings to change Ambient Occlusion, the same moment I changed from HBAO+ to YES --> crashed!

Restarted, went on graphic settings, set all to "high" to have Ambient Occlusion on "YES", and then I put all the others setting on "maximum" --> crashed after a lot of flashbacks!

Restarted, went on graphic settings, set to "high" presets and then only "Lights quality" on Maximum --> all OK also with a lot of flashbacks!

Next days I will try settings one by one to find which one is "dangerous" for my game

Thank you very much for your help!

14 hours ago, BarryBL said:

Can you add your in-game graphical settings as well please. We suspect there is a potential system limitation somewhere, and would recommend lowering them should you see an issue. If you can post a screenshot of your current settings in-game, that would be useful too.

The first one would be to see he's running the game on a Mac in a VM by the look of the dxdiag. 

On a ten year old Intel CPU - unsupported.

5 minutes ago, steviejay69 said:

The first one would be to see he's running the game on a Mac in a VM by the look of the dxdiag. 

On a ten year old Intel CPU - unsupported.

No, it's not a VM, it's a real windows installation (by Bootcamp), and the cpu's are 2x Intel Xeon X5680 3.33 Ghz 6 cores. Supported.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Pac73 said:

Then? It's 64 bit, so it's supported! 

Steam requires a 64 bit CPU:

Schermata 2020-08-04 alle 09.03.37.png

1 hour ago, Pac73 said:

Steam requires a 64 bit CPU:

Schermata 2020-08-04 alle 09.03.37.png

Quote all you like the CPU is older than Haswell, it's not new enough.

34 minutes ago, steviejay69 said:

Quote all you like the CPU is older than Haswell, it's not new enough.

Old = yes

Unsupported = no

VM = no

So...it's not the problem!

The problem is inside the "Ambient Occlusion" setting, because if I try to change it from ASSAO to HBAO+ or YES, the game crashes immediately. So, for now, I am ok with setting "YES" and others settings in "High" or "Very high". The problem is graphical, non CPU

2 hours ago, Pac73 said:

Old = yes

Unsupported = no

VM = no

So...it's not the problem!

The problem is inside the "Ambient Occlusion" setting, because if I try to change it from ASSAO to HBAO+ or YES, the game crashes immediately. So, for now, I am ok with setting "YES" and others settings in "High" or "Very high". The problem is graphical, non CPU

It is outside the recommended minimum specification. You should not expect support (although you would be grateful to get it) no one is under any obligation to provide it.

I wish you luck, but please do not expect the solution. And please do not buy games where you do not meet the minimum specification.

I will ignore further responses because you do not like the truth in what I say. Your problem.

Strange that yesterday @BarryBL didn't tell me nothing about the cpu specifications...Maybe because they are supported? Anyway, I wrote a big thanks to him for his help during all the day. 

Instead...Your help: "I will ignore further responses because you do not like the truth in what I say. Your problem."

Class is not water. Bye bye

20 hours ago, BarryBL said:

@Pac73

This appears to be a common issue amongst AMD graphics. 

I have the same issue on RX580, Ryzen 2400, 16Gb ram so I should definitely not have performance based issues with CPU. Several other individuals in this linked thread have this issue with similar hardware. I'll try your recommendations from here when I get a chance later on but I've already lowered settings massively which has done nothing and troubleshooting my hardware hasn't come up with anything significant either.

I get a microstutter after flashbacking and then probably 1/4 times it cuts to black, unresponsive. Audio still plays.

I can play more graphically & CPU intensive games fine. Updating drivers seemed to work for about a week before (I had this issue on the release version, was fine after updating drivers) however the following game update broke it again.

At this point I'm clueless, would appreciate help in the linked thread.

@BarryBL

Edited by lemmo246
  • Agree 1

Hi, I have the same problem. My PC is most current but the problem is the same. In this thread i describe the details of the crash and everything i've tried:

I think the problem is probably the Radeon RX580, I see that it is a common factor. It is very annoying not being able to use the game, I am thinking of requesting a refund.

On 8/5/2020 at 2:53 PM, sestacruz said:

Hi, I have the same problem. My PC is most current but the problem is the same. In this thread i describe the details of the crash and everything i've tried:

I think the problem is probably the Radeon RX580, I see that it is a common factor. It is very annoying not being able to use the game, I am thinking of requesting a refund.

Try setting VSync to OFF and details Medium or High. With these settings I'm OK now. [EDIT: NO, the problem still happens, also after 1.07 patch]

Edited by Pac73
news

On 8/5/2020 at 2:53 PM, sestacruz said:

I have same problem since v1.06 I cannot use flashbacks cause game crashes whole system. Before this update everything was fine. As u said RX580 may be a factor because I have it too. My PC is far too powerful to cause the crashes because of graphic settings. Was having fun with the game until now. Question to Codemasters team: are you guys aware of that issue and will try to fix it or it is just edge case and you don't look at it closely? I am not comfortable to lower my graphic settings but the game is unplayable for me ATM, of course I could not use flashbacks, and I am rarely do this but sometimes have to cause I brake rather late in most cases. Would be glad to get any feedback from you.

Edited by MichałKucharski

On 5/8/2020 at 10:08, Pac73 said:

Intente configurar VSync en OFF y detalles Medio o Alto. Con esta configuración estoy bien ahora.

Hi! I tryed that, but the problem is the same. 

7 hours ago, sestacruz said:

Hi! I tryed that, but the problem is the same. 

I think the problem is inside the "Ambient Occlusion" setting, because if I try to change it from ASSAO to HBAO+ or YES, the game crashes immediately. So, for now, I am ok with setting "Ambient Occlusion: YES" and others settings in "High" or "Very high". 

On 8/4/2020 at 12:57 PM, Pac73 said:

Strange that yesterday @BarryBL didn't tell me nothing about the cpu specifications...Maybe because they are supported? Anyway, I wrote a big thanks to him for his help during all the day. 

Instead...Your help: "I will ignore further responses because you do not like the truth in what I say. Your problem."

Class is not water. Bye bye

Flashback mode tested on RX580, works perfectly. Ryzen 7 2700, 16GB RAM, Fanatec CSL Elite.

27 minutes ago, steviejay69 said:

Flashback mode tested on RX580, works perfectly. Ryzen 7 2700, 16GB RAM, Fanatec CSL Elite.

You tested it in which game mode?

Because Time trial doens't have problems for me

My Team has a lot problems

Championship - Classic race has some problems

9 hours ago, steviejay69 said:

Well so u think that we r writing in this thread for fun? I reinstalled drivers yesterday and made a few flashbacks that works I thought that problem is solved. Unfortunately today after 2nd flashback in Career Mode I get crash again now I cannot access save because cannot race after I want to join mid session. My PC spec is: i5-8500 CPU with 3GHz on 6 cpu's 16GB RAM with RX580 graphic with 8171 VRAM on board. Tell me now that my PC is too low to meet the spec. I have perfect experience during the race on maximum quality. And before 1.06 patch EVERYTHING was fine. So it is not my hardware problem it is some bug in the code. I am programmer myself doing Web Dev so I know that one line is able to **** everything up. Also u r just a tester u don't have the source code to look into so please if ppl are saying there is an issue don't tell them that everything is fine cause it actually isn't. No hard feelings tho I just don't like to be treated like intellectually disabled.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Pac73 said:

You tested it in which game mode?

Because Time trial doens't have problems for me

My Team has a lot problems

Championship - Classic race has some problems

TT, Grand Prix, My Team all work. Stopped testing after that. 

14 minutes ago, MichałKucharski said:

Well so u think that we r writing in this thread for fun? I reinstalled drivers yesterday and made a few flashbacks that works I thought that problem is solved. Unfortunately today after 2nd flashback in Career Mode I get crash again now I cannot access save because cannot race after I want to join mid session. My PC spec is: i5-8500 CPU with 3GHz on 6 cpu's 16GB RAM with RX580 graphic with 8171 VRAM on board. Tell me now that my PC is too low to meet the spec. I have perfect experience during the race on maximum quality. And before 1.06 patch EVERYTHING was fine. So it is not my hardware problem it is some bug in the code. I am programmer myself doing Web Dev so I know that one line is able to **** everything up. Also u r just a tester u don't have the source code to look into so please if ppl are saying there is an issue don't tell them that everything is fine cause it actually isn't. No hard feelings tho I just don't like to be treated like intellectually disabled.

I think you're looking in the wrong place. Flashback isn't faulty, your game save or installation is at fault.

I wouldn't hire you if you can't accept that. I didn't say your machine is out of spec, merely proved that you too are looking in the wrong place.

Edited by steviejay69

I will say that the text on Steam has been edited as it originally said i3-4130, whether that was a typo or whatever but Codemasters give a minimum spec but don't say why they are minimum spec.

You can show the properties of any CPU with many hardware utilities. You can also write code with your CPU microcode fixed or unfixed, with compilers up to date or not. I am not a programmer, but I would be sure to work with updated tools and equipment.

1 hour ago, steviejay69 said:

TT, Grand Prix, My Team all work. Stopped testing after that. 

I think you're looking in the wrong place. Flashback isn't faulty, your game save or installation is at fault.

I wouldn't hire you if you can't accept that. I didn't say your machine is out of spec, merely proved that you too are looking in the wrong place.

Why then everything was fine before v 1.06 and crashes on it? I didn't changed anything just patch was installed automatically. Was playing without any problems for a month then get errors cause of new version. I hope CM would give us some update on that issue cause at the moment u r the only one who r typing anything. I appreciate ur work in general but c'mon isn't it at least mysterious for u? 

7 minutes ago, sestacruz said:

Yesterday i updated the game to the 1.07 version, and the issue is also there. Where is codemasters?

Hi @sestacruz and @MichałKucharski

Please post a DXDiag so we can see the full specifications of your machine.