Bug Reporting - PLEASE FOLLOW RULES AND COMPLETE REPORTS Read more... ×
F1 2020 |NEW PATCH AND DRIVER RATINGS | READ ME!!! Read more... ×

F1 2020 1.05 CRASH WHEN FLASHBACK

1 hour ago, BarryBL said:

Hi @sestacruz and @MichałKucharski

Please post a DXDiag so we can see the full specifications of your machine. 

Hi, I am attaching the DxDiag.txt

DxDiag.txt

54 minutes ago, sestacruz said:

Hi, I am attaching the DxDiag.txt

DxDiag.txt

Purely because I believe in Gigabyte's ability to release solid motherboards;

Uninstall any old chipset drivers with Geek, restart and install B350 chipset drivers. Also, because I like new with new, F50d with new AGESA and SMM callout bugfix.

DDU and install 20.5.1 

Also, is the page file set to automatic? 

33 minutes ago, steviejay69 said:

Purely because I believe in Gigabyte's ability to release solid motherboards;

Uninstall any old chipset drivers with Geek, restart and install B350 chipset drivers. Also, because I like new with new, F50d with new AGESA and SMM callout bugfix.

DDU and install 20.5.1 

Also, is the page file set to automatic? 

Ok, i did all of this, later i loaded a save game and still not working

8 minutes ago, sestacruz said:

Ok, i did all of this, later i loaded a save game and still not working

Can you try a new save game? It will at least prove if this issue is related to a corrupt save?

1 hour ago, MichałKucharski said:

Here is my dxdiag. My game is also still crashing on flashbacks after update.

DxDiag.txt

Can you post your board make and model? I know it's 300 series and probably ASUS but sometimes Gigabyte don't fill in the OEM fields either

22 minutes ago, steviejay69 said:

Can you post your board make and model? I know it's 300 series and probably ASUS but sometimes Gigabyte don't fill in the OEM fields either

My motherboard is Asus Rog Strix B360-H Gaming

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
9 hours ago, MichałKucharski said:

My motherboard is Asus Rog Strix B360-H Gaming

BIOS 2811

Update ME driver (Station Drivers) and ME.

LAN driver. Although Intel Driver and Support Assistant will update the iGPU and other Intel hardware. I have been using the 20.5.1 driver but like PAC73 says if lowering the fidelity is a workaround for now then you should try that. I'm assuming not.

And yes as a programmer if you program on that machine, it is not updated. 🤐

image.png.d2813aa858cc4ffcbbeb7c4ca95c9225.png

Edited by steviejay69

1 hour ago, steviejay69 said:

BIOS 2811

Update ME driver (Station Drivers) and ME.

LAN driver. Although Intel Driver and Support Assistant will update the iGPU and other Intel hardware. I have been using the 20.5.1 driver but like PAC73 says if lowering the fidelity is a workaround for now then you should try that. I'm assuming not.

And yes as a programmer if you program on that machine, it is not updated. 🤐

image.png.d2813aa858cc4ffcbbeb7c4ca95c9225.png

I am not using my windows gaming machine for programming purposes. I have mac for it also I am web dev, not really familiar with hardware. 😉 Will try to update and report later

• Like 1

On 8/5/2020 at 3:08 PM, Pac73 said:

Try setting VSync to OFF and details Medium or High. With these settings I'm OK now. [EDIT: NO, the problem still happens, also after 1.07 patch]

The problem is not solved, still the same also with graphics settings lower than before.

9 minutes ago, sestacruz said:

With the 1.08 version, the problem is not solved.

Do you still experience your issues on a new savegame @sestacruz?

22 minutes ago, BarryBL said:

Do you still experience your issues on a new savegame @sestacruz?

Yes, the problem is with an old savegame or a new savegame, is the same. Actually i can load a savegame, but when i use the flashback, the problem appears.

This would be widespread if it were so. Really can't reproduce it.

Suggest a reinstall of Windows.

• Agree 1

6 hours ago, steviejay69 said:

This would be widespread if it were so. Really can't reproduce it.

Suggest a reinstall of Windows.

Really? I never had to do this to play a game. This is very exausting. Sorry, but i don't think that is a solution. If that doesn't work, it would be a real waste of time because I would have to reinstall all the software for one game.

10 hours ago, sestacruz said:

Really? I never had to do this to play a game. This is very exausting. Sorry, but i don't think that is a solution. If that doesn't work, it would be a real waste of time because I would have to reinstall all the software for one game.

It is you that needs/wants to fix it. If nothing else, you can invest the time in a disaster recovery process or backup. 

Or you can come on here and moan about it and make yourself look entitled. 

Simply, the issue is not widespread. So, basic troubleshooting is the logical step. 

Update hardware and test it. 

Reinstall software - vanilla conditions.

Install only the necessary software; functional drivers, Steam and the game.

If you think this is not the solution, backup your current position before attempting. Then if you find no improvement, reinstall your current position. 

6 hours ago, steviejay69 said:

It is you that needs/wants to fix it. If nothing else, you can invest the time in a disaster recovery process or backup. 

Or you can come on here and moan about it and make yourself look entitled. 

Simply, the issue is not widespread. So, basic troubleshooting is the logical step. 

Update hardware and test it. 

Reinstall software - vanilla conditions.

Install only the necessary software; functional drivers, Steam and the game.

If you think this is not the solution, backup your current position before attempting. Then if you find no improvement, reinstall your current position. 

Oh! Sorry i don't knew that i don't invest my time to solve the problem. Simply i don't think that be a solution, also you can tell me that i could buy a new PC, is probably that work, but don't is a solution. If i have time and desire to do this maybe i do, but if i do this and the problem continue, what be the next posible solution? This don't have meaning. Maybe i have to request refund and forget to play F1 2020 since I had no responses from codemasters, other than "likes" in your comments.

16 hours ago, sestacruz said:

Oh! Sorry i don't knew that i don't invest my time to solve the problem. Simply i don't think that be a solution, also you can tell me that i could buy a new PC, is probably that work, but don't is a solution. If i have time and desire to do this maybe i do, but if i do this and the problem continue, what be the next posible solution? This don't have meaning. Maybe i have to request refund and forget to play F1 2020 since I had no responses from codemasters, other than "likes" in your comments.

OK moan and ***** all you like but until this is resolved, you can't play how you like. It's really your choice.

3 hours ago, steviejay69 said:

OK moan and ***** all you like but until this is resolved, you can't play how you like. It's really your choice.

I understand your point, but you still haven't answered me. If that doesn't fix it, what would be the next step? It was not easy for me to have the PC that I have or to buy the game, I also use my PC to work, I cannot waste a day doing a reinstallation to see if this solves the problem because I lose a day of work.

8 minutes ago, sestacruz said:

I understand your point, but you still haven't answered me. If that doesn't fix it, what would be the next step? It was not easy for me to have the PC that I have or to buy the game, I also use my PC to work, I cannot waste a day doing a reinstallation to see if this solves the problem because I lose a day of work.

There is no next step as I'm confident that doing the reinstallation will prove it to be an installation issue. I also recommend you do not tweak, customise or OC anything.

Windows, drivers and applications can accumulate bad configurations due to the plethora of permutations and dependencies. For sure, there will possibly be a "solution" that fixes your issue.

I have done this myself many, many times, often the "solution" is longer than the reinstallation times. I think I can clean install Windows in less than 7 minutes. It takes longer to image a drive as a snapshot (depending on data) but from SSHD to NVMe a reinstall with my setup and data is around 13 minutes.

Last night I updated my Steam backup of the game to 1.08. I may not need it, but I know I can have the game up and running from scratch in around 30 minutes.

But, if you're confident that you've provided all the info requested by Codemasters, then all you have to do is wait. And it may never be fixed if it's not broken.