Jump to content Jump to content

Finished 22nd in my team after crossing line as p1


Recommended Posts


1.       A detailed description of the issue. Please include any error codes here. 

My team, first season Monaco race, 25% race, I started first place, at the end of the race lapped a few cars at the back of the pack. Crossed the line in first place, but got immediately ranked 22nd. No disqualification or whatever, just p22, race director showed +1lap

2.       Platform

Xbox
3.       What version of the game you are using (Shown on the start screen in the bottom left corner of the screen) 

Latest patch 1.05
4.       Game-mode? 

Myteam
5.       What are your replication numbers? Minimum test attempts are 4. Please also add EXACT replication steps for us to try too. 

First time it happened, but pretty annoying as you can imagine
6.       What troubleshooting have you attempted? Please always try to attempt to fix the issue 

None, just rage quit
7.       What peripherals are you are using (gamepad, wheel make & model etc) 

Wheel, thrustmaster 
8.       Any screenshots or video of the issue? If the video is long, please include a timestamp for when the issue appears.   

Link to post
Share on other sites

Just had this at Bahrain doing a 100% race in my team. Completely wasted my evening.

1.       A detailed description of the issue. Please include any error codes here. 

100% length race. Finished 1st, there were two retirements, was P20 +1 lap in end screen. Several safety car sessions, during one Vettel was penalised for a collision with it! I had two warnings - one for track limits and one for a collision. No one was lapped in the race.

2.       Platform

PC 


3.       What version of the game you are using (Shown on the start screen in the bottom left corner of the screen) 

1.06


4.       Game-mode? 

Myteam


5.       What are your replication numbers? Minimum test attempts are 4. Please also add EXACT replication steps for us to try too. 

n/a


6.       What troubleshooting have you attempted? Please always try to attempt to fix the issue 

Ran whole race in a single sitting so no save apart from at the beginning. Can't troubleshoot it without running the whole race again.
7.       What peripherals are you are using (gamepad, wheel make & model etc) 

Wheel


8.       Any screenshots or video of the issue? If the video is long, please include a timestamp for when the issue appears.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/31/2020 at 3:02 PM, MaartenH said:

So there are three cases now, is that sufficient replication?

To be fair, I think this is one of those inscrutable bugs that requires a perfect storm of preceeding events. I've replayed my race now and finished first again but this time I was awarded the victory. I do wonder if it's related to the warnings, as I've had warnings were the AI has hit me because they lost control or overshot the braking zone trying to pass and I've then been given the warning. It's also similar to the pit stop issue from earlier versions, were if you stayed out/ignored Jeff, you were marked as being a lap down at the end. I've had the issue twice overall and both times I ran a one-stop were everyone else ran two (or three) plus there were multiple safety cars.

Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, DemonicSquid said:

To be fair, I think this is one of those inscrutable bugs that requires a perfect storm of preceeding events. I've replayed my race now and finished first again but this time I was awarded the victory. I do wonder if it's related to the warnings, as I've had warnings were the AI has hit me because they lost control or overshot the braking zone trying to pass and I've then been given the warning. It's also similar to the pit stop issue from earlier versions, were if you stayed out/ignored Jeff, you were marked as being a lap down at the end. I've had the issue twice overall and both times I ran a one-stop were everyone else ran two (or three) plus there were multiple safety cars.

Yes you could very well be right, I know little to nothing about programming, let alone a game this size.. 

I'm just a bit disappointed in this game do far, the gameplay is great, but with the tyre bug (fixed now), this bug, and the amount of rain and not being able to turn it off really ruins the experience for me....

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 months later...

 

On 7/30/2020 at 1:04 AM, DemonicSquid said:

Just had this at Bahrain doing a 100% race in my team. Completely wasted my evening.

1.       A detailed description of the issue. Please include any error codes here. 

100% length race. Finished 1st, there were two retirements, was P20 +1 lap in end screen. Several safety car sessions, during one Vettel was penalised for a collision with it! I had two warnings - one for track limits and one for a collision. No one was lapped in the race.

2.       Platform

PC 


3.       What version of the game you are using (Shown on the start screen in the bottom left corner of the screen) 

1.06


4.       Game-mode? 

Myteam


5.       What are your replication numbers? Minimum test attempts are 4. Please also add EXACT replication steps for us to try too. 

n/a


6.       What troubleshooting have you attempted? Please always try to attempt to fix the issue 

Ran whole race in a single sitting so no save apart from at the beginning. Can't troubleshoot it without running the whole race again.
7.       What peripherals are you are using (gamepad, wheel make & model etc) 

Wheel


8.       Any screenshots or video of the issue? If the video is long, please include a timestamp for when the issue appears.  

I just had a similar thing also at Bahrain funnily enough. In mine though I finished 7th, didn't lap anyone, no safety cars and I had no warnings or anything like that but the race classification put me last and +1 lap. I was playing standard career mode on Xbox One, game version 1.10.1.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Administrator
4 minutes ago, Bennettson said:

 

I just had a similar thing also at Bahrain funnily enough. In mine though I finished 7th, didn't lap anyone, no safety cars and I had no warnings or anything like that but the race classification put me last and +1 lap. I was playing standard career mode on Xbox One, game version 1.10.1. 

Will forward this on, but may be very difficult to replicate. 

If anyone has a concrete way of making this happen, please tag me. Also, adding the report code (16 digits, found in pausing the game) would be critical too, so we can use the code as a reference and check for any irregularities. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 1 month later...


1.       A detailed description of the issue. Please include any error codes here. 

My team, first season, singapore grand prix 25% race, started racing, paused during about half an hour then, got back to playing, finished the race first, the game acused me of being in 21st place, due to one other car being retired

2.       Platform

PC Steam


3.       What version of the game you are using (Shown on the start screen in the bottom left corner of the screen) 

Latest patch 1.12


4.       Game-mode? 

Myteam

5.       What are your replication numbers? Minimum test attempts are 4. Please also add EXACT replication steps for us to try too. 

I can't say that has a actual way of doing it, as it seems to happen randomly with everyone, I got 2 warnings on the race that happened, but this doesn't seem to be what's causing it.
6.       What troubleshooting have you attempted? Please always try to attempt to fix the issue 

I restarted the session, but can't retry it now, but as far as I noticed, it clears the bug away.


7.       What peripherals are you are using (gamepad, wheel make & model etc) 

Not using peripherals, playing with keyboard. 
8.       Any screenshots or video of the issue? If the video is long, please include a timestamp for when the issue appears.   

Didn't take any. found a video of someone having the bug happen to them. https://youtu.be/CFyZVZp5egU?t=219 this is the link on youtube. Dude is at 6th place, crossed the line on 6th place, got to 21st place, due to one retirement.

Edited by Gielth
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 8 months later...

I have this exact same problem with F1 2021 on PS4. Such a shame I pay €60 bucks for a new game and my first race on career mode in Bahrain this happens. What a mess EA and Codemasters have made. I already saw posts of this problem in F1 2019 and still not fixed two years later, unbelievable. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...
On 7/24/2021 at 1:15 PM, Stefster2000 said:

I have this exact same problem with F1 2021 on PS4. Such a shame I pay €60 bucks for a new game and my first race on career mode in Bahrain this happens. What a mess EA and Codemasters have made. I already saw posts of this problem in F1 2019 and still not fixed two years later, unbelievable. 

Ditto.

This has now happened twice in 100% length races. First occurrence in P1, lapped full field with 1 pit and ended P22 with a DNF.

Second occurrence I was P1 with one pit, pitted a second time and dropped to P2 with lead car 3 seconds ahead (and in sight). Checkered flag came when we were both finishing lap 36 of 37. Results screen displayed us as P13 and P14 respectively with the remaining grid in order (but minus 12 places) down to P22 where it then looped back around.

My interpretation is that the game incorrectly records a backmarker to be in P1 resulting in the race to checker flag early.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...