Sign in to follow this  

A few questions regarding controller options in Grid Autosport (PC Version)

Yep, without these settings added for pad users, i can guarantee that a pad user cannot compete with the fastest wheel users, fact. I was prob the fastest touring pad racer in GRID 1, so I know these things :)

So please Loore, this is a must add feature that cannot be pushed aside if you want this to be more like GRID1 in reputation.

I refuse to use a wheel in a game like this even though i have one, it's just too canned for it to be fun.

I'm starting to think everyone who worked on F1 2013 is no longer employed by Codemasters. It's the only acceptable explanation of all the shortcomings we see in Autosport.

MaXKiLLz said:
I'm starting to think everyone who worked on F1 2013 is no longer employed by Codemasters. It's the only acceptable explanation of all the shortcomings we see in Autosport.
well they're busy working on 2014 actually Grid and F1 are worked on by different teams they may use the same Ego engine for their games but they're 2 different teams

MaXKiLLz said:
well they're busy working on 2014 actually Grid and F1 are worked on by different teams they may use the same Ego engine for their games but they're 2 different teams
...about 20 minutes apart from each other. How they can produce such dramatically different games is truly hard to fathom. Do they not talk to each other? That's hard to believe. If not, they should. And the GRID crowd should listen very closely to the F1 crowd.

Driving from Southam to Birmingham takes a lot longer than 20mins, I assure you. I used to do that journey twice daily for years... ;)

MaXKiLLz said:
...about 20 minutes apart from each other. How they can produce such dramatically different games is truly hard to fathom. Do they not talk to each other? That's hard to believe. If not, they should. And the GRID crowd should listen very closely to the F1 crowd.
well I don't know about that all I know is that they're 2 different teams that work on 2 entirely different games

My point is that these options have been in ALL of the Codemasters' big 3 racing titles since at least 2004 (the first F1 game was 2010 I think). All of their games have more in common under the hood if you look. Removing these options, or making them only available to certain supported wheels is a huge mistake. By doing so they have made the game less accessible to a large portion of their audience.

yes Loore plz i have to do some micro changes in my xbox360 gamepad to optimize it... the game is as Loore said 60% to sim and 40% to aracde  sim (with all assist off) , so gamepaders need control settings too..:)

Problem solved! 

Look for this: 
Main Library [C:\Program Files\Codemasters\Grid Autosport] -> "forcefeedback" -> devicesetup.xml 

Look for this: 

<- Default Devices -> 
   <FFBDevice Name="default" scaleForce="1.0" scaleFriction="1.0" baseFriction="0.0" maxFriction="10.0" nativeFriction="0" scaleEffects="1.0" delay="0.0"/> 

Copy to this replace: 

<- Default Devices -> 
   <FFBDevice Name="default" scaleForce="1.2" scaleFriction="0.3" baseFriction="0.05" maxFriction="100.0" nativeFriction="0" scaleEffects="1.19" delay="0.0"/> 

Works for me perfectly!

kpatrik0 said:
Problem solved! 

Look for this: 
Main Library [C:\Program Files\Codemasters\Grid Autosport] -> "forcefeedback" -> devicesetup.xml 

Look for this: 

<- Default Devices -> 
   <FFBDevice Name="default" scaleForce="1.0" scaleFriction="1.0" baseFriction="0.0" maxFriction="10.0" nativeFriction="0" scaleEffects="1.0" delay="0.0"/> 

Copy to this replace: 

<- Default Devices -> 
   <FFBDevice Name="default" scaleForce="1.2" scaleFriction="0.3" baseFriction="0.05" maxFriction="100.0" nativeFriction="0" scaleEffects="1.19" delay="0.0"/> 

Works for me perfectly!
What exactly does this do?

Bob422 said:
kpatrik0 said:
Problem solved! 

Look for this: 

Look for this: 

<- Default Devices -> 

Copy to this replace: 

<- Default Devices -> 

Works for me perfectly!
What exactly does this do?
Linearity change. Have been so much better.

MaXKiLLz said:

I couldn't agree more!

MaXKiLLz said:

I couldn't agree more!

MaXKiLLz said:

I couldn't agree more!

Sorry everyone. I have no idea why it quadruple posted 3 days later. Can they be deleted?

I just wanted to thank @Loore and the development team for Grid Autosport for getting this feature back into the game with today's patch. It works great! Good job and thanks again. :)

HI there,
I have just installed grid autosport and found as many of you that the wheel can’t be adjusted. mine is a Logitech force GT Force feedback, so pretty standard and still, the settings are quite bad. there is almost no terrain feedback (setup vibration is at 100%), and a lot of dead zone in the wheel and pedals.
I tried to make the changes here above by kpatrick0, the precision seems to be better, but still the experience is bad and specially with no force feedback. Then I saw Bob422 thanking Loore with todays patch, but I don’t know how to get it and if it solves my issue.
thanks for your help

Lilloc said:
HI there,
I have just installed grid autosport and found as many of you that the wheel can’t be adjusted. mine is a Logitech force GT Force feedback, so pretty standard and still, the settings are quite bad. there is almost no terrain feedback (setup vibration is at 100%), and a lot of dead zone in the wheel and pedals.
I tried to make the changes here above by kpatrick0, the precision seems to be better, but still the experience is bad and specially with no force feedback. Then I saw Bob422 thanking Loore with todays patch, but I don’t know how to get it and if it solves my issue.
thanks for your help
Update the game via Steam and you'll get the patch. That will then allow you to make further changes.