F1 2021 | Arrives July 16 | First Look Here Read more... ×

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Tyre wear, damage etc?

Just been watching a stream of PC version and noticed a nice info box on the right of screen showing tyre condition, damage etc.
Is this not on the XBox One version of the game?

So you can't get full info like PC version?
Considering you can't hear the engineer, it makes it harder to keep check on tyre wear :(

Loochie said:
So you can't get full info like PC version?
Considering you can't hear the engineer, it makes it harder to keep check on tyre wear :(
Nope I'm sure they will bring an update to fix both of the issues, I'm just having to rely on myself to know when to change the tyres at the moment, I'm liking the game so far though 

Loochie said:
Just been watching a stream of PC version and noticed a nice info box on the right of screen showing tyre condition, damage etc.

From what I read I thought it was not in any version. They said they  ran out of time and they said they  might add the tyre condition indicator in a later patch. 
I don't know what goes on behind the scenes with sony, and microsoft when it comes to patches or if it's just a time consuming thing and codemasters need to put their time elsewhere but codemasters seems to always want to keep patches to a minimum. 

Tyre wear is  scripted so flat spots and stuff don't matter and are not accounted for tyre wear. 

Damage is a bit too arcade-ey but that happens when you build a new engine. Hopefully patches in the future might fix that.

Loochie said:

have you a Screeenshot or link to a video with this infobox? 

Wish you all the best for your day, hope you enjoy this friday.. and a nice Weekend ! :)

Phipsi said:
Loochie said:

have you a Screeenshot or link to a video with this infobox? 

Wish you all the best for your day, hope you enjoy this friday.. and a nice Weekend ! :)
If you skip to 1:58 in this you'll see it.....  http://youtu.be/5bjpg_sjCnY

I have always puncture on tyres before one, two laps go to pit, its normal? Maybe i make something wrong?

kehoeMGP said:
It shows a little grey car but with no colours (red tyres/green tyres) 
That is wrong, it does show colours when they become worn, and on the next screen tyre temps.

Hughesy said:
kehoeMGP said:
It shows a little grey car but with no colours (red tyres/green tyres) 
That is wrong, it does show colours when they become worn, and on the next screen tyre temps.
On the PC version yes, we are saying none of those screens are on XB1 version.