F1 2020 |PATCH 1.13 NOW LIVE | READ ME!!! Read more... ×
F1 2020 Forum Championship SPACES AVAILABLE | Season 3 starting 20/11 Read more... ×

F1 2020 new tracks

They should do what we had in F1 2015 and have in F1 2021 both the 2020 calendar, which includes only the tracks that have been able to be raced at this year which will include Nurburgring, Portimao and Imola, and the 2021 calendar. So then Codemasters have time to create these new circuits without us missing out on racing on these tracks

• Agree 1

Not another one of these threads. Is it so hard to search the forum before making a thread to see if it's already been discussed?

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, SomaticCoast375 said:

They should do what we had in F1 2015 and have in F1 2021 both the 2020 calendar, which includes only the tracks that have been able to be raced at this year which will include Nurburgring, Portimao and Imola, and the 2021 calendar. So then Codemasters have time to create these new circuits without us missing out on racing on these tracks

There is no 'should' whatsoever. As above, have a read of the many similar threads there have already been along these lines.

• Agree 1
  • Disagree 1

A year per track, 4 tracks to do, and you want it next year. Do the math... Not gonna happen!

That's assuming (1) FIA will hold the license for those tracks for future years or (2) not oppose to Codemasters including them in the game if they're an one-time only inclusion to the F1 2020 season. In the latter, that's also assuming that (3) the rights to represent a digital version of those tracks in interactive media are not held exclusively by publishers of other sim racers like Assetto, rFactor and so on.

To all that may be concerned, even the most demanding of sim racers out there admit that while Codemasters game is more arcadey then other simulators, no one does Formula 1 better than Codie. And that's due to the immersion, presentation and simulation of all those little tiny minute details, like a new part being considered fitted in your car only after it leaves the garage and the transponders in the marshals office beeps, no matter how many days have passed since you installed that new component in it. So many little details!

So yes, it would not only be a joy for us to have Portimao and Nurburgring on the roster in the, but also in Codemasters best interest to keep being the best package for the F1 experience. If it is feasible in the legal sense, I'm confident they will do their best to schedule these additions to their road map and secure the proper funds to do so without (too much of) a compromise to other aspects of long term game development. 

C'mon, it does not matter how much of a skeptical you are in the "companies only want money" spiel. To me, it seems obvious that our interest as fans and Codies' as a studio and publisher align in this matter, so even if I saw capitalism as the love child of the devil I'd still believe that as long as it is feasible, they will most definitely come. 

• Agree 4

Posted (edited)

I know this has already been an annoying topic, but pleasee Codemasters. Please do something for the future. Please find a way to get the new tracks in this season for the future games. I am sure you guys will find a way to do so. I can’t wait to have the chance to drive that track with the cars in the game. Also, I wish we could customize our season in career mode or My Team. I would like to choose the number of races I do on each season, instead of having 22, 16 or 10. 

Edited by Krisperfectline

2 minutes ago, Krisperfectline said:

I know this has already been an annoying topic, but Please Codemasters. Please do something for the future game of F1 2021 or F1 2020. Please add Turkey to the game or for the future game. I am sure you guys will find a way to do so. I can’t wait to have the chance to drive that track with the cars in the game. 

2020 Revised Calendar Schedule -

As developer and publisher of F1® 2020, the official videogame of FIA Formula One World Championship, Codemasters has accurately recreated the original 2020 season, which was scheduled to start on 15 March. Due to time needed to re-create the circuits in-game, it is not possible to include any of the new circuits added to the revised 2020 season.

they won't do that.:classic_sad:

Here we got yet again! Let’s wait for the next performance update post or McLaren livery update. 🤦🏻‍♂️

• Haha 4

There is no need to shout or be disrespectful. Edit your post or be hidden. You made your point. 

• Agree 1

Mate, you're losing it. Take a breather. These last two posts crossed the line.

The game will stick to the official calendar for this season and future ones. That's most likely a contractual obligation Codemasters can't get around - so little to no chance of playing around with FOM toys on an impromptu walmart parking lot circuit. If they could get approval for adding new tracks regardless of the official calendar it would be nice, but I'm not counting on it.

If Turkey and co. manage to be (re)integrated in the official season, than that's all good.

Now this lashing out was unwarranted.

Thread will be locked, and users contacted. Try to stay respectful of others, even if you disagree.

• Agree 1