Bug Reporting - PLEASE FOLLOW RULES AND COMPLETE REPORTS Read more... ×

[ONLINE] Disqualified in safety car period due to overtaking cars during a pitstop

Posted (edited)

1.       A detailed description of the issue. Please include any error codes here. 
Seems to be a Vietnam thing due to the short pit entry. Safety car is out. Everyone is together behind the SC. You decide to pit. Once you pit, the game will DSQ you from ignoring yellow flags because you apparently overtook cars.

2.       Platform
Steam, PC

3.       What version of the game you are using (Shown on the start screen in the bottom left corner of the screen) 

4.       Game-mode? 
Online. But I might suspect it happens in other modes too. 

5.       What are your replication numbers? Minimum test attempts are 4. Please also add EXACT replication steps for us to try too. 
Have managed to replicate twice since it's rather hard to cause a safety car.
-Safety car comes out.
-Everyone bunches up to the safety car.
-Pit during the safety car.
-DSQ from ignoring yellow flags. 

6.       What troubleshooting have you attempted? Please always try to attempt to fix the issue.
None, game's fault.

7.       What peripherals are you are using (gamepad, wheel make & model etc) 
PS4 controller.

8.       Any screenshots or video of the issue? If the video is long, please include a timestamp for when the issue appears. 
Video below.

Edited by Costa
  • Agree 1

Posted (edited)

This is definitely an issue at Hanoi, I've seen a few posts about it. It's like the 'stewards' see you as overtaking based on your position in the mini map.. Problem with AI see lol

Out of interest, why were you pitting? It's raining.. 

Edited by Rango

10 minutes ago, Rango said:

This is definitely an issue at Hanoi, I've seen a few posts about it. It's like the 'stewards' see you as overtaking based on your position in the mini map.. Problem with AI see lol

Out of interest, why were you pitting? It's raining.. 

Not my video, friend's video. I believe he had a drive through and forgot he couldn't take it during an SC.

I had the exact same thing on silverstone. I can imagine this can happen on other tracks as well. For example Russia and France

2 hours ago, Bertje1989 said:

I had the exact same thing on silverstone. I can imagine this can happen on other tracks as well. For example Russia and France

I've seen a similar thing coming out of the pits at Canada too.

Posted (edited)

It doesn't happen every time but it does happen. Tried to replicate it today again but didn't work.

Edited by Costa

I had a similar issue at Spa under virtual safety car. It's almost as if the game thinks you rejoin the track at the end of the pit lane by the lights, not the pit lane exit on the race track.

• Agree 1