F1 2020 | PODIUM PASS SERIES 2 NOW LIVE| READ ME!!! Read more... ×
F1 2020 | CODEMASTERS PC FORUM CHAMPIONSHIP | LOOKING FOR DRIVERS Read more... ×

Dear Codemasters, I love F1, but for the love of god fix online penalties and warnings

Posted (edited)

There is no way this game is going to be able to grow an online community when the only available options to your player base are (1) absolutely disgraceful public online matches and (2) league play. There is nothing more aggravating than queuing up for a Ranked race, finding yourself on Monza, having someone slam into you at full speed on turn 1, you are then for some reason the one who is penalized, and to make matters worse the player hit you so hard you ended up getting pushed off the track and you get a 10 second penalty on top of or your existing penalty for corner cutting. Do you even have a team playtest online experience? Player X slams into you, destroying your wing entirely, and they only end up getting a warning, but you lose a minute in your lap time - seems balanced. Can you just copy over the fault detection software from literally any other racing title?

I would like to believe that there are so many players who would love to dive further into this game, but if their only 3 options are single player, online destruction derby, and league play, I fear this will only just prevent more players from engaging with this franchise. I have no idea how this has persisted for at least the last 3 releases.

Edited by xZora

I agree, I got a 3 second penalty the other day, I was the filling of a 3 car sandwich, no where to go! I checked the race director I got a penalty the other two (who crushed me) got warnings. 😤 

I'll bet everyone would like to see this improved, although I have no idea how challenging this may be to actually do.

On 7/26/2020 at 5:28 AM, Zakarex said:

I agree, I got a 3 second penalty the other day, I was the filling of a 3 car sandwich, no where to go! I checked the race director I got a penalty the other two (who crushed me) got warnings. 😤 

One of them hit you once, he got one warning.  The other hit you twice, he got two warnings.  But you got hit three times, so that's 3 warnings = 1 Penalty for you.  Believe it or not, it seems the system is actually working correctly.

But the system needs to take into account when you get hit, versus do the hitting.  If it's impossible, then do what iRacing does and issue penalties for ALL parties involved.  If X hits me, then X and I both get a penalty.

The result?  Everyone except trolls try to avoid incidents, and the trolls become very visible, very quickly.

Then we just need a way to block the trolls from races.

• Like 1