F1 2020 | PODIUM PASS SERIES 2 NOW LIVE| READ ME!!! Read more... ×
F1 2020 | CODEMASTERS PC FORUM CHAMPIONSHIP | LOOKING FOR DRIVERS Read more... ×

G920 or TMX

Posted (edited)

Hi all, 

Looking for feedback on these 2 wheels. I had a Thrustmaster 458 spider that gave up on me today and looking to buy an upgrade. Pretty much only play F1 so which would you recommend from the G920 or TMX (not PRO)?

Edited by frannyha83

Having just changed from a G29 (PS) to a T300RS, I would say go with the Thrustmaster.  The G29/G920 has a nicer build, the wheel is leather-wrapped and nice features like that, but the T300 has significantly better FFB.  And you can get different wheels for different types of racing.  Not sure if that's the case for the TMX, but if so, it's a great feature.  I picked up the F1 Add-on wheel and it makes a huge difference having access to all those controls.

1 minute ago, DrDraken said:

Having just changed from a G29 (PS) to a T300RS, I would say go with the Thrustmaster.  The G29/G920 has a nicer build, the wheel is leather-wrapped and nice features like that, but the T300 has significantly better FFB.  And you can get different wheels for different types of racing.  Not sure if that's the case for the TMX, but if so, it's a great feature.  I picked up the F1 Add-on wheel and it makes a huge difference having access to all those controls.

Thanks for that. Went with the TMX and it crashed after an hour, kept turning off mid bend so sent it back and now waiting for a delivery of G920. Would love to get the T300 and the F1 wheel but out of budget at the moment. 

• Like 1

Just now, frannyha83 said:

Thanks for that. Went with the TMX and it crashed after an hour, kept turning off mid bend so sent it back and now waiting for a delivery of G920. Would love to get the T300 and the F1 wheel but out of budget at the moment. 

Oh no.  That's kinda crappy.  Well, hopefully the new wheel shows up quickly.  I got lucky; there was a dude here selling the T300 for about half the cost of a new one.

6 minutes ago, DrDraken said:

Oh no.  That's kinda crappy.  Well, hopefully the new wheel shows up quickly.  I got lucky; there was a dude here selling the T300 for about half the cost of a new one.

Sweet!! I got the G920 for less than the TM Spider I got a refund for on Saturday so pretty happy with that!!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, frannyha83 said:

Sweet!! I got the G920 for less than the TM Spider I got a refund for on Saturday so pretty happy with that!!

Nice deal!

Trust me, once you move up to the T300 (or better) you'll love it. 

16 minutes ago, DrDraken said:

Nice deal!

Trust me, once you move up to the T300 (or better) you'll love it. 

That's the aim...... I'd imagine the G920 will be a big step up from the TM 458!!

• Agree 1

On 7/27/2020 at 7:05 PM, frannyha83 said:

That's the aim...... I'd imagine the G920 will be a big step up from the TM 458!!

Bungee-cord powered wheel resistance    versus    Fairly good force feedback.  Oh yeah.  🙂

Do some searching for FFB settings for it in the game.  A lot of times you don't want it at 100% because it "distorts" and you lose the fine details.

3 hours ago, DrDraken said:

Bungee-cord powered wheel resistance    versus    Fairly good force feedback.  Oh yeah.  🙂

Do some searching for FFB settings for it in the game.  A lot of times you don't want it at 100% because it "distorts" and you lose the fine details.

Got it on Tuesday, AMAZING difference!!! Knocked at least 2 seconds a lap off every track. 

If the G920 is this good I can't wait to upgrade!!

• Like 1