Jump to content Jump to content

Hi,

This is becoming really frustrating. At the moment, I am up to SPA in Career mode and once again there is rain. Out of the the previous races only Bahrain and Vietnam did not involve rain. I do not mind the odd wet race but this is ridiculous and to be perfectly honest pretty boring and easy when you have full race distance (1 Wet race last season in real life). If the constant wet races are to pat yourselves on the back for the graphics, then please stop and focus on fixing the overall gameplay. If i wanted pretty pictures, I will purchase some art work. Also, the weather forecasts are broken especially during practice/qualy as it shows dry but when you check other drivers on track it is raining. Also, how can you plan for a potential wet race when you are not told. I do not understand how the forecasts can not be accurate from the start of the weekend.  The new additions to the game so far are great and i do enjoy the game: however, please, please, please fix this rain issue or allow the user to control rain within Career mode.

1.       A detailed description of the issue. Please include any error codes here. SEE ABOVE - NO CODE

2.       Platform - PC
3.       What version of the game you are using (Shown on the start screen in the bottom left corner of the screen) - 105
4.       Game-mode? 
5.       What are your replication numbers? Minimum test attempts are 4. Please also add EXACT replication steps for us to try too. N/A
6.       What troubleshooting have you attempted? Please always try to attempt to fix the issue - N/A
7.       What peripherals are you are using (gamepad, wheel make & model etc) - WHEEL
8.       Any screenshots or video of the issue? If the video is long, please include a timestamp for when the issue appears.  N/A

Edited by mcgiz10

Sounds like you either got a streak of bad luck or perhaps a glitch (if the forecasts were wrong that often). I'm in race 32 and I've had only two wet races, Austria season 1 and Canada during season 2. 

I do agree there should be weather options for career, if people don't like dynamic weather they shouldn't be forced to drive with it as everything else is customizable. 

No the weather forecasts in practise and qualifying are broken. They are always showing the weather at the beginning of the session and do not update as time goes by. The only way to update the weather forecast is to drive one lap. After returning into the pit the forecast is showing the weather from the time you returned into the garage (but is still not updating as time goes by).

(by the way i had also only two wet races until now)

Edited by Davidj7077
  • 5 weeks later...

I'm having the same issue: currently at Spa, season 1 of My Team, and except for Monaco and Bahrain, I've had rain in either qualy or race (or both) in every single race so far.  This cannot be, I've never had this in previous F1 games (I have been playing since the 2016 game), the amount of rain in this game is absurd!  Maybe there should be a sub-category to "Dynamic weather" where you could set the amount of rain for the season, or something like this.  I don't mind a couple of races with rain, but 90% is waaaayy too much.  And I'm checking a few streamers, like Tom97, for example, and he is getting a lot of rain as well.

1.       A detailed description of the issue. Please include any error codes here. SEE ABOVE - NO CODE

2.       Platform - PC
3.       What version of the game you are using (Shown on the start screen in the bottom left corner of the screen) - 1.07
4.       Game-mode? My Team
5.       What are your replication numbers? Minimum test attempts are 4. Please also add EXACT replication steps for us to try too. Pretty much whole season 1 of My Team....
6.       What troubleshooting have you attempted? Please always try to attempt to fix the issue - N/A
7.       What peripherals are you are using (gamepad, wheel make & model etc) - FANATEC CSL Elite Wheel + pedals
8.       Any screenshots or video of the issue? If the video is long, please include a timestamp for when the issue appears.  N/A

• 3 months later...

Its sick... I have had rain in pretty much every single session (qualifying or race) on my first season...

Its at a point where I'm really thinking about abandoning the season and just play single race weekends until it gets old, its likely my last version since I did not buy a rain simulator. Sure it requires more from the driver, but its so so annoying to see those rain clouds every single session... last one it looked fine but after two laps "it will rain in 10 minutes" I just retired out of frustration... Sure the odd racing weekend on wets but every single race weekend??

I was kind of looking forward to the running your own team mode but now I just don't feel like playing it anymore...