F1 2020 |NEW PATCH AND DRIVER RATINGS | READ ME!!! Read more... ×
Vote for the best MyTeam story now! Read more... ×

Car damage settings question

I’m new to the sport of F1 and the games, I’ve been wondering what is the difference between the full damage setting and the simulation setting?

Basically full damage enables all kinds of damage to the car and simulation tries to make it as fragile as it is real

Use Full Damage only,otherwise the AI has an advantage as they do not use Simulation.

• Agree 1

3 minutes ago, svensenk86 said:

Use Full Damage only,otherwise the AI has an advantage as they do not use Simulation.

@BarryBL can we get this confirmed? I wasn't aware of it.. Have I been at a disadvantage?!

It is the same like 2019...figured it there out actually posted even a video in the 2019 forum to Barry

Full damage:

Drs failure/ more easy to broke your wing.

Simulation:

Drs failure/ wing verry easy to broke/ you can have puncture if you ride over debrit/ if you touch the wall you can have puncture.

This is the différence beetwen simulation and full dammage. You dont have engine failure or mecanical failure in this game

Still find it pathetic how you cant get engine/mechanical failures in a Racing "Sim" in 2020.

Booted up F12017 tonight, and man....so many assets are exactly the same 3+ years later. Same sounds on the radio, etc. Just lazy from the devs.

• Agree 2

Well to be fair, consoles are running the same hardware since 2013. I would certainly call it lazy if I did not see improvements on performance, AI, and handling. These things are all resource consuming.