Jump to content Jump to content

All other F2 cars run the race with extra 8+ laps of fuel, way heavier than our car, making them extremely easy to overtake!

Edit: July, 28th. Added the bug report.

1) All other F2 cars race with a huge unnecessary extra amount of fuel, different from the player car, that is always loaded with the minimum amount necessary to finish all laps.

2) Xbox One X

4) 1.05

4) F2 races. Attached videos are from the F2 full season career, using 100% laps and 100 difficulty level.

5) It always happens. Both featured and sprint races.

6) No fix, except for going for a tougher difficulty level. But with this insane extra load of fuel they carry, even in 110 they will be considerably slower in corners. And this would completely destroy practice and qualifying gameplay, since in these sessions they are not loaded with unnecessary extra fuel.

7) Xbox One X controller.

Videos attached. The second one shows how easy is to overtake the AI car in the Barcelona sprint race, since it has more than 10 laps of unnecessary extra fuel.

===========

Original Post

Honestly, this can be a game breaking issue, mainly for those using higher difficulties. I decided to start a full F2 career waiting for next updates (liveries and performance) to start my F1 season, but the game is so easy because of this problem!

As you can notice in the video, while we race with less than one extra lap of fuel (I'm P3 in this video), all of them are loaded with almost 10 extra laps!

At first I thought this would be just an information bug and wouldn't affect their performance, but they are clearly slower because of this.

How do I know?! I'm playing in 100 difficulty level and, different from F1 races, it is noticeably easier to win the races.

So, at least I have a 10 extra difficulty levels to try to make them harder, but what about the people who already play using 110 or a bit less?

Also, even when setting in 110, they will still be heavier during corners and relatively easy to overtake!

Edited by viniciusrsouza
Bug Report
  • Agree 1

Sorry. Important detail.

During practice and qualifying sessions, when they are using the correct amount of fuel, the difficulty seems totally right. It's not easy to reach a good position when using 100 difficulty level. So it's absolutely OK.

Just in the race things are different and AI drivers are clearly heavier/easier.

Can someone from the team confirm if their fuel level is just a visual glitch? Or are they really heavier during the race?

Edited by viniciusrsouza
  • Agree 1

Is this shot from a feature or a sprint? 

While I guess I ended up with the difficulty adjusted to negate this if it is happening, I did notice the sprint race was way easier and I mean win from 7th at Yas Arina for me which is uh, unexpected, kind of easier. 

Good catch, I've also been destroying the AI in races after qualifying somewhere around 5th-8th.

I just thought it was down to getting the hang of the circuit but they do seem awfully slow through many corners, such as turn 3 at Barcelona for example.

• Agree 1
12 hours ago, KNT2011 said:

Is this shot from a feature or a sprint? 

While I guess I ended up with the difficulty adjusted to negate this if it is happening, I did notice the sprint race was way easier and I mean win from 7th at Yas Arina for me which is uh, unexpected, kind of easier. 

This one is the feature race. But it's happening also in sprint. Both races are clearly easier to overtake! At least Jordan King is a God in my F2 career and offers great battles, doing lots of fastest laps during the race. But all the others are slow, really slow. Since I'm racing 100% laps, in still in Barcelona.

Really hope they fix this. I posted in the bugs forum also.

12 hours ago, FishyScales said:

Good catch, I've also been destroying the AI in races after qualifying somewhere around 5th-8th.

I just thought it was down to getting the hang of the circuit but they do seem awfully slow through many corners, such as turn 3 at Barcelona for example.

Exactly like me! Qualifying is tough, I simply can't be the fastest, never started better than 5th. But in the race, I can easily overtake all of them. 

EXTREMELY frustrating.

42 minutes ago, viniciusrsouza said:

This one is the feature race. But it's happening also in sprint. Both races are clearly easier to overtake! At least Jordan King is a God in my F2 career and offers great battles, doing lots of fastest laps during the race. But all the others are slow, really slow. Since I'm racing 100% laps, in still in Barcelona.

Really hope they fix this. I posted in the bugs forum also.

Exactly like me! Qualifying is tough, I simply can't be the fastest, never started better than 5th. But in the race, I can easily overtake all of them. 

EXTREMELY frustrating.

Good finding. I love the F2 cars, the sound are incredible!

Please do a Bug report so Codemasters can have a look and try to fix this with an patch

Well at least its a good bug to have in the sense that given you know that they race with extra fuel, in the interim you can simply add the same amount of extra fuel to even things out whilst the issue is resolved ( assuming you have logged the bug in the appropriate forum )

29 minutes ago, SIMRACER123 said:

Well at least its a good bug to have in the sense that given you know that they race with extra fuel, in the interim you can simply add the same amount of extra fuel to even things out whilst the issue is resolved ( assuming you have logged the bug in the appropriate forum )

Unfortunately not since fuel load is restricted in F2, so you can't overfuel your car to compensate for this.

• Like 2
3 hours ago, BarryBL said:

Just as a note, F2 fuel load if fixed for all cars. What length of session are you running? 

20200727113816_1.jpg

I'm running 100%. The problem isn't the player car; that is being calculated correctly. It is the AI cars that are incorrectly calculated to be over fueled.

• BarryBL changed the title to All other F2 cars run the race with extra 8+ laps of fuel, way heavier than our car, making them extremely easy to overtake!
22 hours ago, SASColfer said:

Good find! Have you done a bug report in the tech forum?

21 hours ago, GioProductions said:

Good finding. I love the F2 cars, the sound are incredible!

Please do a Bug report so Codemasters can have a look and try to fix this with an patch

Yesterday I also posted in the bugs sub-forum with the complete description rules, but I'm noticing this here was moved to the bug area and my other post disappeared! And now the status here is "awaiting bug report". 

I'm totally confused now.

19 hours ago, Geboy91 said:

The bug was also in the 2019 game!!! 

So frustrating to read this!

19 hours ago, BarryBL said:

Just as a note, F2 fuel load if fixed for all cars. What length of session are you running? 

20200727113816_1.jpg

100% races. Both sprint and featured races have the same issue. I'm attaching here now a video from the sprint race.

15 hours ago, BarryBL said:

However, the players fuel load is the same as the AI. All running cars (including user) are between 4 and 5 laps over target at the first corner in my example at Bahrain. 

PC? PS4? I'm playing on Xbox One X and I always start the race with +0.35 only (more or less) and the AI between +8 and even +10! Just saved a new clip and attached.

15 hours ago, FishyScales said:

Weird, I haven't seen my own car being overfueled.

I do run the race strategy programme in practice so maybe that's what is causing the issues.

It's not our F2 car. It's the AI cars.

Maybe doing the race or fuel strategy programme makes us start also with the same huge amount as they have?

Wait, actually for Barcelona I did the F2 race strategy task and I'm experiencing the same exact issue.

Anyway, I really want to find where my bug report post is. This one here was posted in the F1 chat, to check if other people were finding this issue also. Big I did post a complete report here, but it's gone!

I didn't save what I wrote. I will have to do everything again.

By the way, in this video of the sprint race in Barcelona, using 100 difficulty level, it's insane how easy is to overtake the AI. And when checking the other car fuel load, it is unbelievably +10.16!

Edited by viniciusrsouza

Edited the first post to include this report.

1) All other F2 cars race with a huge unnecessary extra amount of fuel, different from the player car, that is always loaded with the minimum amount necessary to finish all laps.

2) Xbox One X

4) 1.05

4) F2 races. Attached videos are from the F2 full season career, using 100% laps and 100 difficulty level.

5) It always happens. Both featured and sprint races.

6) No fix, except for going for a tougher difficulty level. But with this insane extra load of fuel they carry, even in 110 they will be considerably slower in corners.

7) Xbox One X controller.

Videos attached. The second one shows how easy is to overtake the AI car in the Barcelona sprint race, since it has more than 10 laps of unnecessary extra fuel.

I have a similar Problem but my one is the other way round. My car has way to much fuel. Around +11. The AI cars only have normal +0.2 to +0.4. That is very frustating because with the least drag car setup i am still only as fast as the AI on the straight with their Standard setup, even in Monaco, because the AI gains about 1 second on the Main straight without setup changes.

16 hours ago, BarryBL said:

However, the players fuel load is the same as the AI. All running cars (including user) are between 4 and 5 laps over target at the first corner in my example at Bahrain. 

Barry, your video is from a Grand Prix race or Career Mode? Maybe if it's a single race alone, it's loading the same amount of fuel for everybody, but not in career races.

2 minutes ago, Lukas1111 said:

I have a similar Problem but my one is the other way round. My car has way to much fuel. Around +11. The AI cars only have normal +0.2 to +0.4. That is very frustating because with the least drag car setup i am still only as fast as the AI on the straight with their Standard setup, even in Monaco, because the AI gains about 1 second on the Main straight without setup changes.

Career also? F2 cars? Which race length?

This is weird. It's the first report of the opposite happening. 

5 minutes ago, Lukas1111 said:

Are you talking about F2 or F1? 

4 hours ago, viniciusrsouza said:

Barry, dein Video stammt von einem Grand-Prix-Rennen oder einem Karrieremodus? Wenn es sich nur um ein einzelnes Rennen handelt, wird möglicherweise für alle die gleiche Menge Kraftstoff geladen, jedoch nicht für Karriere-Rennen.

Karriere auch? F2 Autos? Welche Rennlänge?

Das ist komisch. Es ist der erste Bericht über das Gegenteil. 

Career, F2 cars, 100%, PC, 1.06. Yesterday I drove a career race in Baku and my Topspeed with the normal setup is around 8 to 10 kph slower (but only in the race during Quali and Practise my car is the fastest one) than the AI and my car is not damaged at all. Maybe I still have the replay and be able to post it in here in the evening.