Jump to content Jump to content

All other F2 cars run the race with extra 8+ laps of fuel, way heavier than our car, making them extremely easy to overtake!

10 hours ago, Lukas1111 said:

Career, F2 cars, 100%, PC, 1.06. Yesterday I drove a career race in Baku and my Topspeed with the normal setup is around 8 to 10 kph slower (but only in the race during Quali and Practise my car is the fastest one) than the AI and my car is not damaged at all. Maybe I still have the replay and be able to post it in here in the evening. 

Xbox One version updated today. Maybe in this 1.06 version the issue is the opposite, where we have more fuel load than AI cars. I will test here. 

10 hours ago, BarryBL said:

What lap are you on @viniciusrsouza? Also, I tested on Career mode F2 with full race distance at the same circuit to achieve my results.

All videos I uploaded are from different moments of the race. It happens from the start to the end. 

I'm sure you are also thinking that maybe this could be some kind of fuel management issue during the race, where I would be more aggressive and the AI not so much, not spending so much fuel. But, unfortunately, it's not this.

They stay the whole race with the exact same extra amount of fuel. From first to last lap. Absolutely no difference. 

The issue is still the same in 1.06 as I just finished the sprint race at Barcelona in first place, with fastest lap being almost two seconds better than all other drivers. And I started in 8th, since I also won featured race.

In 100 difficulty level.

Meanwhile, 100 in F1 races is near impossible for me.

Edit: If I increase difficulty level to 110, I will still be faster, since I suppose the 10 levels will give them an extra faster second, right? If it's the same math as when using F1 cars... 

20200728_212719.jpg

Edited by viniciusrsouza

More tests. Just found out why we suck in practice and qualifying, while being Gods in races.

In qualifying, as you can see, our car has SEVEN laps of fuel when going out. AI drivers, correctly, much less.

In tried to stay behind one of them in the slower exiting lap, using the same 100 difficulty level (easy to win races, due to the opposite fuel discrepancy) and it's impossible, while in 80 is manageable. Also saved two clips comparing.

It's absolutely clear that this not a visual glitch and surely has impact in gameplay!

Video 01 - Out lap in qualifying, 100 difficulty, trying to stay behind AI. Impossible. My car has more than 6 laps of fuel and is pure garbage in corners. Was trying my best.

Video 02 - Also out lap, but now 80 difficulty lap. Still with unnecessary 6 laps of fuel, but at least it's possible to stay behind.

Video 03 - Car exiting with 7 laps of fuel.

Video 04 - AI cars in their first flying lap with much less fuel.

F2 is just unplayable. Not fun at all. It's insanely frustrating when you have to restart sessions and races to adjust difficulty and try to have realistic faces.

Please, give us the ability to set fuel in F2 qualifying, so people can decide if they want to do flying laps in sequence or the same as AI drivers, going out 2/3 times with low fuel and be able to at least try to match their times!

And, finally, I'm truly sorry for all these posts. It's clear F2 doesn't have so much attention between players and I'm feeling I'm bothering so much with something that just a few people care. So probably it's time to forget this, jump to F1 and stay there.

Maybe just 0,01% play using full sessions and 100% laps, so people can't even notice these issues.

Edit: Attachments limit reached. Uploading only the fuel comparison videos in qualifying.

Edited by viniciusrsouza
  • Agree 1

@BarryBL

Just found out that when using one shot qualifying everyone will have the same extra amount of fuel in the race in career. Except for one of two AI drivers, who will also have extra fuel, but a bit less than all the others. So that's why you probably didn't find the issue. 

Also, could you please update the "awaiting bug report" tag? 

I've noticed that my car is clearly faster than the other cars in F2 carrer. I wasn't aware of this issue, so I didn't checked the amount of fuel in the other cars, but I'm pretty sure is the same problem.
I've being playing at the 90% dificulty with 1 shot Qualy. In Qualy, I really strugle to keep the same pace as AI drivers, while in race I can breeze pass any car in front.

1 hour ago, Djansley said:

I've noticed that my car is clearly faster than the other cars in F2 carrer. I wasn't aware of this issue, so I didn't checked the amount of fuel in the other cars, but I'm pretty sure is the same problem.
I've being playing at the 90% dificulty with 1 shot Qualy. In Qualy, I really strugle to keep the same pace as AI drivers, while in race I can breeze pass any car in front.

Hey there.

Please, check this when you can and confirm here. I found out today that when doing one shot qualifying, we do our lap with only 2 laps of fuel, so it's correct. And we start the race also with the same extra unnecessary fuel, as AI drivers. So it's OK in this scenario!

Xbox One X here. Probably not, but maybe it has different behavior in PC and PS4.

When we do the full qualifying, there are two issues.

1) We go out carrying a huge amount of fuel, different from AI, so it's absolutely impossible to match their speed, unless reducing difficulty level.

2) We start the feature race carrying only 0.50 (approximately) of extra fuel, while AI drivers go with 8.50 of even 10.50 extra laps, so they are insanely slower in corners.

Didn't have time to check if in sprint races we also carry the same extra fuel as them when doing one shot qualifying.

And, finally, I agree with you about F2 races being easy. Even when starting with the same extra weight as them, it's still easy to do corners faster than AI. Totally different from F1 races.

Edited by viniciusrsouza
  • 1 month later...
50 minutes ago, NathanP88 said:

I think i found a way to fix. Just don't do any practice programmes. I think that the Race Strategy one applies a recommended fuel load for your driving style, but since you can't change the fuel load, this bug ends up happening.

Thanks for this feedback. I didn't test this before totally abandoning F2 races.

For me the fix was using one lap only for the qualify session. This way you will run with the same correct amount of fuel as them, both in race and in the qualifying itself. 

If you run a complete qualify session, every time you exit pit your car will be carrying an insane amount of fuel and you will never be able to be competitive with the AI. 

And, in the next day, it's the opposite and the race will start with you having a correct amount of fuel to do a complete race, while the AI will be loaded with unnecessary extra laps.

Also, F2 starts are IMPOSSIBLE to be competitive with them, no matter how many times you try or if you do a perfect start (without assists). They will always be faster.

I reported everything here in forums in these latest months, but it seems they really don't care so much. 

In resume, I totally ignored F2 and never touched it again.

Edited by viniciusrsouza