F1 2020 |PATCH 1.13 NOW LIVE | READ ME!!! Read more... ×
F1 2020 Forum Championship SPACES AVAILABLE | Season 3 starting 20/11 Read more... ×

OMG. HOW FAST?!?!

So jumped into F1 2020 after a few months off 19.  

How fast and grippy are these things now?!?!  I’m hanging on and button bashing for ERS and DRS.   Crazy!

These cars are Amazing, especially the Mercedes, that car is so great to drive. 

So, in Suzuka in F1 2019 with a Mercedes in time trial, here is the best laptime I did:

- 1:28:165 with a setup and good warm up laps.

In F1 2020, with a Mercedes in time trial, here is the best laptime I did:

- 1:27.3 without a setup and with no proper warm up laps.

I’d say there is at least 0.5 for me to improve. Cars are insane, I took the S section in Suzuka in 6th gear whilst in F1 2019, I would go 5th or 4th gear in them... Grab the Mercedes, and enjoy the pleasure of driving on any track... Even the Williams as well. I don’t know, but the rear end of the Williams snaps less to me than the Mercedes... But, the Mercedes is still the best in the game by a long way...

Seems to me you guys would enjoy David Greco pinned thread in this forum. He goes in detail about how the handling model changed in this game, how drivers feedback from the likes of Lando and Russel helped on the development side and so on.

Indeed, once I got the knack to deal with the understeering and to adapt my F1 2019 setups I big last year's game goodbye.

• Like 1

I had to change my driving style in 2019 to accomade the handling change from 18 and now we have got good grip again and I am struggling to get back into that on the edge speed especially over 1 lap.

Rather that or its the logitech bug.

3 hours ago, marioho said:

Seems to me you guys would enjoy David Greco pinned thread in this forum. He goes in detail about how the handling model changed in this game, how drivers feedback from the likes of Lando and Russel helped on the development side and so on.

Indeed, once I got the knack to deal with the understeering and to adapt my F1 2019 setups I big last year's game goodbye.

I usually just use the pre-sets for set ups as I just can’t get my head around setting up the car myself. Preset 4 is generally my go to set up.