Jump to content
F1 2020 | PITCOINS NOW ASSIGNED - ONLINE SERVICES BACK ONLINE| READ ME!!! Read more... ×

Which mode you playing?

Which mode are you playing most in F1 2020 right now?  

66 members have voted

  1. 1. Multiple choice:

    • My Team
      39
    • Career
      23
    • Grand Prix
      9
    • Championships
      6
    • Time Trial
      14
    • Ranked Multiplayer
      11
    • Unranked Multiplayer
      9
    • Leagues
      2
    • Weekly Events
      4
    • Photo Mode
      2


Recommended Posts

It is a great sense of accomplishment when you nail a lap there, trouble is, that is rare for me which is why it doesn’t get more love here. It’s a nice flowing circuit, I’m just not great there on the pad. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@KNT2011 and @johnboy83 haha yes I'm a pad user and that explains most of it!

Suzuka is the track I want to love... No, scrape that. I love it! I just get frustrated with the esses being on an analogue stick. You bet it will be one of the firsts I'll race on as soon as I get a wheel!

Singapore flows through the same vein. That corner after the bridge with the obscured apex is just mean for us pad players. Mean. 

Hockenheim I used to love when I raced on AI 60 something. Ever since I made it through 100 that last complex of corners got frustrating to get it right and it fell out of favor. But 85% of that circuit is a joy still now.

I'm looking forward to getting a G29 this year. Yeah, not the best wheel out there but we don't have many at reasonable prices down here and we're currently stuck with an unfavorable exchange rate. Currently a G29 costs thrice the monthly minimum wage, just imagine that. And with the current lockdown my office took quite the dive... Heh, it will take a while.

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@marioho same for me as Suzuka, I’m so inconsistent at the esses, and struggle with the hairpin as well which I guess is a similar profile to the Singapore corner you are talking about, although for me that doesn’t usually give me much trouble providing I have my rear planted into the floor. 
I wish I could get a wheel but no space 😞

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Having a blast with My Team, now Season 3.

Got Mick Schumacher then ditched him for Calderon (I want a second driver, not a guy who will challenge my very average skills). Calderon also proved to be a handful so I fired her and hired Mahaveer Raghunathan.

Very impressed with him, he almost took me out in Melbourne, trying to overtake me at Turn 4 with absolutely no space then spinning out, causing a massive slow-down behind me and allowing me to comfortably win the race (see pics below). DNF in Bahrain and he took out Hamilton in Canada.

Absolute hero.

 

509970612_BMW1.thumb.jpg.fc3bc8fd05318603d16b4c5292b73f20.jpg.1199cd09cd73060b1a0a21f0d19e40b1.jpg

276135469_BMW2.thumb.jpg.56d565903e4b41b31f124bfbdcb3b9ca.jpg

1433789991_BMW3.thumb.jpg.73ffb5512ed753413e910120b798d328.jpg

Edited by Nas00
  • Haha 3
  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, marioho said:

Suzuka is the track I want to love... No, scrape that. I love it!

Relevant:

 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Championship but I hate I have to play as one of the real drivers and not as me. 

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, KNT2011 said:

I've never understood why Suzuka doesn't get a lot more love from racing gamers 

It's very popular on some. 

Personally it's a track i rarely do and i don't really know why. There's actually nothing wrong with the track at all.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, johnboy83 said:

I’ve played a mix of My Team and GP mode. My team at a fixed AI of 90, I’ve kept it consistent across all sessions and races so far. I avoided GP’s at Vietnam and Zandvoort until I got to them in my team. Enjoyed the Zandvoort circuit so much I’ve stopped there due to the facilities bug and just continued with a few 100% races around Zandvoort. It’s quickly taking over the RBR as my favourite circuit. 

Facilities bug is such a pain. Since they effect everything you cant progress 😞 Heard about another bug where you cant progress past end of season too. My team def the funnest mode but also the biggyest sadly.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, SIMRACER123 said:

interesting how low the ranked multiplayer is

I rarely play online. Yes the racing is better against human opponents (if you find the right ones... which it a challenge in itself) but just the constant waiting For everyone in lobbies and inbetween sessions for just annoys me. I’m too impatient. Haha. Which means the lonnnngggg loading times this year are a shame too. 

Edited by johnboy83

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Ive gone back to F12017 until MyTeam and a few other bugs are ironed out. Plus I love using offset onboard cam without the Halo. Car looks so much better and cleaner.  😛

Edited by creweutah
  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, johnboy83 said:

I rarely play online. Yes the racing is better against human opponents (if you find the right ones... which it a challenge in itself) but just the constant waiting For everyone in lobbies and inbetween sessions for just annoys me. I’m too impatient. Haha. Which means the lonnnngggg loading times this year are a shame too. 

I agree. I come from an iracing background and this is an area codemasters need to improve to promote online racing.

There is too much emphasis on creating a lobby and immediately away you go. But all that means is you end up with with races with say 8 cars only which after a couple have crashed is not exactly great racing.

It should be about quality not quantity.

To me what they should do is make races go off at set times ( i believe GT Sport did this although its been a while since i played that to remember ). Having more people queued up to race makes the fields bigger and the matchmaking will be closer too.

However what would need to be implemented is a way that when people join, rather than sit in a lobby staring at nothing, they then immediately go to an online practice session where all other people wanting to race can get some practice laps in to tinker with set ups or something. Basically, giving people a chance to drive rather than sat there doing nothing. Essentially, this part is a bit like iracing.

Make online racing an all around better experience of driving rather than waiting.

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, SIMRACER123 said:

I agree. I come from an iracing background and this is an area codemasters need to improve to promote online racing.

There is too much emphasis on creating a lobby and immediately away you go. But all that means is you end up with with races with say 8 cars only which after a couple have crashed is not exactly great racing.

It should be about quality not quantity.

To me what they should do is make races go off at set times ( i believe GT Sport did this although its been a while since i played that to remember ). Having more people queued up to race makes the fields bigger and the matchmaking will be closer too.

However what would need to be implemented is a way that when people join, rather than sit in a lobby staring at nothing, they then immediately go to an online practice session where all other people wanting to race can get some practice laps in to tinker with set ups or something. Basically, giving people a chance to drive rather than sat there doing nothing. Essentially, this part is a bit like iracing.

Make online racing an all around better experience of driving rather than waiting.

Yeah I'd have to say GT Sport system is excellent, races at set times, but 3 times in an evening so if you bork one up you can do the next one. As well as the daily races happening every 10-15 minutes to kill time (these are often a lot of fun on their own). Practice and qualy runs available while the lobby fills, it's just excellently put together. 

Means every other game I've tried to go online with has been a big crash down to earth in terms of how they're laid out, I tend to only single player in the end.

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, KNT2011 said:

Yeah I'd have to say GT Sport system is excellent, races at set times, but 3 times in an evening so if you bork one up you can do the next one. As well as the daily races happening every 10-15 minutes to kill time (these are often a lot of fun on their own). Practice and qualy runs available while the lobby fills, it's just excellently put together. 

Means every other game I've tried to go online with has been a big crash down to earth in terms of how they're laid out, I tend to only single player in the end.

The races on GT Sport were certainly a lot cleaner that's for sure. Whether it was due to the mentality that the race felt a little more serious being at set times and you couldn't jump straight onto another seconds later i have no idea though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Absolutely loving MyTeam, can't see myself playing any other modes at this point.

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, johnboy83 said:

@marioho same for me as Suzuka, I’m so inconsistent at the esses, and struggle with the hairpin as well which I guess is a similar profile to the Singapore corner you are talking about, although for me that doesn’t usually give me much trouble providing I have my rear planted into the floor. 
I wish I could get a wheel but no space 😞

I actually can do the hairpin consistently fine, no real issues there. Ever since switching to manual gears they became ok. Even turns 9-10 on Bahrain... It went from sweaty hands to fuzzy happy stomach since I made the jump! The same applies to Monaco's and even that one in Hanoi. It is the quick switching of left-right steering input that is harder for me as a pad player.

Not every time though. Interlagos and specially Silverstone have their share of "turn this way and now turn that yes good but do it quickly bro" and I love them all.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, marioho said:

Pay no mind to the ratings, it is not rocket science. The decimals are there more to reflect a proper personal ranking, that's no rigour to it at all haha

The chart was all fluff until F1 2020 came around with the option to do shorter seasons. My first one was a 16 round one without Singapore and my mental health rejoiced with not having to deal with this year's tendency to oversteer on it.

I'm playing full 22 now though.

Screenshot_20200727-033834(1).thumb.png.2894e997963b5d0d2cb145b1ff9100ea.png

How did you get the data for that chart? is PC F1?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
44 minutes ago, Ronei2020 said:

How did you get the data for that chart? is PC F1?

The one in the quote? Haha those are my personal ratings, mate! How much I care for or perform at each circuit.

Just getting back to the sport, I did not know all circuits by heart and wanted a reference before joining any online lobby willy nilly.

Edited by marioho
  • Agree 1
  • Disagree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
46 minutes ago, Ronei2020 said:

How did you get the data for that chart? is PC F1?

I’d say that @marioho scored them himself and the end column is the average of the 2 scores. 

Edited by johnboy83
  • Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, marioho said:

The one in the quote? Haha those are my personal ratings, mate! How much I care for or perform at each circuit.

Just getting back to the sport, I did not know all circuits by heart and wanted a reference before joining any online lobby willy nilly.

That's right. I had understood that. I just wanted to know if the grades, 10, 9.8, etc ... were data generated by the system. But I understood, that are the marks given by you, for your performance. How do you think this is developing on each circuit.

On PC, how people can get mods for everything haha, so it was just a silly question.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×