F1 2020 | PITCOINS NOW ASSIGNED - ONLINE SERVICES BACK ONLINE| READ ME!!! Read more... ×

Which mode you playing?

Which mode are you playing most in F1 2020 right now?  

66 members have voted

1. 1. Multiple choice:

• My Team
    • Career
    • Grand Prix
    • Championships
    • Time Trial
    • Ranked Multiplayer
    • Unranked Multiplayer
    • Leagues
    • Weekly Events
    • Photo Mode

Genuinely curious, which mode are you all mostly playing?

I was playing my team but had to put it in hold cus of the facilities bug. Read about other game breaking bugs with the mode too. So for now I'm playing normal career mode with full F2 season.

What about everyone else?

Myteam, just passed halfway in S1, originally signed Boccolacci, ditched him for Aitken. Started F2 career, but holding off until the 2020 roster and cats available. Don't do Online. 

• Agree 1

I'm playing My team, with Nico Rosberg and Nobuharu Matsushita, my team is Toyota Gazoo Racing, with IA 85.
See my car from the second season.

F1® 2020_20200726115438.jpg

• Agree 1

A mix of My Team and Ranked Multiplayer for me, with a little bit of Photo Mode thrown in for good measure.

I do tend to visit Time Trial a fair bit too, but that's largely to capture B-Roll for videos.

• Agree 1

@PJTierney you can't mention Photo Mode and simply don't share your work. That is unbecoming for someone of your stature.  

• Haha 2
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, marioho said:

@PJTierney you can't mention Photo Mode and simply don't share your work. That is unbecoming for someone of your stature.  

It's a little off-topic, but here's one 🙂 

Red Bull - Austria - 2.PNG

• Like 7
  • Agree 2

Currently working my way through a 100% length F2 season as the intro to career. Have had a brief look at MyTeam but wanted to unlock some of the better liveries and was contemplating perhaps doing multiple seasons of 50% races as I wouldn’t have the time to run 100% distance, will stick to 100% races for the main career though but keep MyTeam as a fantasy alternative mode. 

• Agree 2

@PJTierney Jaguar Aston Martin proudly announces that their marketing facility has just been upgraded to spec 2. We're hiring.

• Haha 1

Time Trial, followed by GP mode. I'm learning the tracks and working on improving my driving for now, and also allowing some time for bugs in other modes to be fixed 

• Agree 1

1.) Grand Prix Mode to test the AI-Level for each track

2.) MyTeam-Mode (I want my own team)

• Agree 1

3 hours ago, Ronei2020 said:

I'm playing My team, with Nico Rosberg and Nobuharu Matsushita, my team is Toyota Gazoo Racing, with IA 85.
See my car from the second season.

F1® 2020_20200726115438.jpg

Nice 👍

was playing my team till the controller/camera bug hit. Now just doing tt on my son’s account. 

• Agree 1

I was playing my team and enjoying it immensely until the facilities not upgrading bug hit. Got it on hold for now but excited to resume once it's fixed!

• Agree 1

Posted (edited)

I’ve played a mix of My Team and GP mode. My team at a fixed AI of 90, I’ve kept it consistent across all sessions and races so far. I avoided GP’s at Vietnam and Zandvoort until I got to them in my team. Enjoyed the Zandvoort circuit so much I’ve stopped there due to the facilities bug and just continued with a few 100% races around Zandvoort. It’s quickly taking over the RBR as my favourite circuit. 

Edited by johnboy83
  • Agree 1

@johnboy83 how does Interlagos stand with you?

Zandvoort is on a category of its own in my opinion, but I remember feeling like much of what I adore in Interlagos was present there too.

My Team and time trial. Because I’m still fairly new to the F1 games (about three months now) each race weekend takes me around three hours, from FP1 to podium. So if I don’t have time I like to go on time trial mode and practice the next circuit, or just try my damndest to practice anything with traction control turned off rather than medium.

• Agree 1

My Team. Before every next race weekend I go into Time Trial for that track. My Team is time consuming though so if I feel like I want some quicker F1 sessions I play online Ranked. I also played Grand Prix to complete some easy Podium Pass Challenges but since some haven't registered completed I stopped wasting time with it.

11 minutes ago, Zviko said:

I also played Grand Prix to complete some easy Podium Pass Challenges but since some haven't registered completed I stopped wasting time with it.

Have you reported this in the bug section? I could easily have missed it but I wasn't aware of a problem like this. The challenges I've completed have all registered OK.

1 hour ago, marioho said:

@johnboy83 how does Interlagos stand with you?

Zandvoort is on a category of its own in my opinion, but I remember feeling like much of what I adore in Interlagos was present there too.

Yeah I like interlagos, I feel it has a nice flow about it, and I’m usually pretty racey around there, but I hardly race around it. Most tracks at the tail end of the calendar I hardly race on sadly. I have a tendency to get bored doing a career and end up starting a new one with a new team about half way through the season. So I race on the early tracks a lot but not so much the later ones, which is a shame really, as I enjoy a lot of circuits in the 2nd half of the season! With My Team though, hopefully I should be able to stick to the same career over several years!!

What are your other top circuits?

19 minutes ago, Ultra3142 said:

Have you reported this in the bug section? I could easily have missed it but I wasn't aware of a problem like this. The challenges I've completed have all registered OK.

I did. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, johnboy83 said:

What are your other top circuits?

Pay no mind to the ratings, it is not rocket science. The decimals are there more to reflect a proper personal ranking, that's no rigour to it at all haha

The chart was all fluff until F1 2020 came around with the option to do shorter seasons. My first one was a 16 round one without Singapore and my mental health rejoiced with not having to deal with this year's tendency to oversteer on it.

I'm playing full 22 now though.

Screenshot_20200727-033834(1).thumb.png.2894e997963b5d0d2cb145b1ff9100ea.png

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, marioho said:

Pay no mind to the ratings, it is not rocket science. The decimals are there more to reflect a proper personal ranking, that's no rigour to it at all haha

The chart was all fluff until F1 2020 came around with the option to do shorter seasons. My first one was a 16 round one without Singapore and my mental health rejoiced with not having to deal with this year's tendency to oversteer on it.

I’d say we are pretty similar then. Performance wise I would say I’m good on the same tracks as you and not so great on the same as well and on the same sort of scale too. Only exception is Singapore. It’s one of my favourites. 
Out of curiosity are you a pad user? Low Monaco rating and all, as most wheel users tend to like Monaco I’ve found. 

Edited by johnboy83

8 minutes ago, marioho said:

I've never understood why Suzuka doesn't get a lot more love from racing gamers, it's a riot of a circuit with a lot of fast corners and a real flow to it that gives you a great sense of accomplishment when you nail a lap there, is it just because it's not the easiest to overtake? I still find if you get the the exit right on 130R you can fly past cars on the straight and set up more passes into the chicane. 

It just strikes me as a real drivers circuit with a lot of character and aesthetic as well that just gets a bad rep for some reason? 

It used to be really really difficult on older F1 games, AI was invariably tuned way too high compared to the average difficulty, I wonder if there's still some trouble recovering from that...

Similar to Hockenheim in this way though I can understand why there's some bitterness towards that lol.