F1 2020 | PODIUM PASS SERIES 2 NOW LIVE| READ ME!!! Read more... ×
F1 2020 | CODEMASTERS PC FORUM CHAMPIONSHIP | LOOKING FOR DRIVERS Read more... ×

Top players taking up multiple spots on the Leaderboard with Multiple Accounts

Posted (edited)

This pertains to Weekly Events. Not TT

It's an ******* thing to do to take up spots on the Leaderboard using another account when you're already in 1st. This guy on PS4 is now in 2nd and 3rd. (Should be 1st and 2nd) because 1st is a cheater. After his 2nd score I'm wondering about this guy now. I've seen his YouTube vids and he uses the racing line in corners.. now why would you need that I wonder..? 

Edited by UP100
Removed masked swearing

I use racing lines in corners, lost some vision in my eye and have nerve damage to my hands. Not seeing the issue.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Lewis44TheWin said:

I use racing lines in corners, lost some vision in my eye and have nerve damage to my hands. Not seeing the issue.

It's an Assist is what I'm saying. When you're winning every week by a decent margin, usually you don't need one. It's suspect is all. 

• Disagree 3

Never know who's on the other side of the screen. Him using an assist and being decent isn't an issue. Cheating yes, but who cares how someone else enjoys their game.

• Agree 2

Just now, Lewis44TheWin said:

Never know who's on the other side of the screen. Him using an assist and being decent isn't an issue. Cheating yes, but who cares how someone else enjoys their game.

Uh huh. Enjoy your day

I need to clarify what my subject matter is about here before the mob shows up. When you are competing in this game and you win a competition and you have an Assist like a racing line on.. You will be laughed at. I never said people should enjoy their game a certain way. This is strictly meant for competitions between the best. The best don't use any Assists. Im stating a fact. Especially not the racing line. 

• Agree 2
  • Disagree 11

Posted (edited)

I wouldn't see why people would laugh at someone for winning using racing line everyone has there own preferences on how they game. Like if it was for esports maybe their should be more leniancy but that's a proper competition not a weekly event. Although just want to add something with using 2 accounts if that's what they do to be at the top is a bit stupid though in my opinion 

Edited by Nightfire1964
  • Agree 4

6 minutes ago, Mike5500 said:

I need to clarify what my subject matter is about here before the mob shows up. When you are competing in this game and you win a competition and you have an Assist like a racing line on.. You will be laughed at. I never said people should enjoy their game a certain way. This is strictly meant for competitions between the best. The best don't use any Assists. Im stating a fact. Especially not the racing line. 

Who's laughing at them? You? People will play the game how they want to play it, as the previous chap stated, he uses the lines to help hkw he needs to play, other peolle will have other issues. Yeah the multiple account thing is weird but criticisng the use of a line is just ignorance really.

• Agree 4

You see, this is the bit that grinds my gears. The elitist attitude of some users. The same issue yesterday with people trying to outdo each other on how ascetic their approach to the 'game' is. I was expecting someone to claim they drove blindfold or without switching the monitor on. And now this. 

• Haha 1
  • Agree 5

Nothing wrong with using the racing line. Not everybody has 100s of hours spare to learn the perfect braking point etc for every circuit. Let people play how they want. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Agree 4

Go ahead and laugh at me then, I'm a veteran of three named Combat campaigns, Combat wounded twice, and have come to learn that some things in life are taken for granted, like playing a video game. I have to use assists at times, and I would never dream of laughing at someone because they use a racing line, on a screen, while sitting in their living room. 

• Agree 5

Racing line is under the Assists menu, so it should be visible on leaderboards who's using it and who's not. It gives you guidance on where to engage the brakes. There is nothing wrong with the suggestion. Doesn't mean that it's the best braking point, just like the traction control off is better if, you master it.

I personally turn it off, I found myself too much focusing on following that green/red line. I also have minimal amount of time to play, but I always find time to practice enough to feel comfortable without the racing line.

• Agree 1

39 minutes ago, Lewis44TheWin said:

Go ahead and laugh at me then, I'm a veteran of three named Combat campaigns, Combat wounded twice, and have come to learn that some things in life are taken for granted, like playing a video game. I have to use assists at times, and I would never dream of laughing at someone because they use a racing line, on a screen, while sitting in their living room. 

First off, thank you for your service. I'm not laughing at you and I don't understand why you'd think I was. What I SAID was.. if you are competing at the top with the best of the best AND YOU USE THE ASSIST THAT IS THE RACING LINE, and you win, you won't be taken seriously because it's an Assist. And the best of the best use zero Assists. I have no problem with anyone using any Assists they want, but thanks for putting words in my mouth and making it sound like I said ANY player who uses the racing line should be laughed at. I first used it when learning the game and the tracks. I recommend people do the same if they are a beginner. I used it a few weeks ago to learn Hanoi. 

• Agree 1
  • Disagree 2

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Mike5500 said:

You have to remember some of these people are kids literally and using pads. And some are adults using wheels. 

No one knows who the other person is or if it a genuine person  

It can easily be exploited but alas I see 8 people gave you the thumbs down .

What does that tell u about how they race .

TT and 5 or 10 lap races.

Even the F1 guys racing had damage turned off.

Then we had the beta and the folks who were on here for years and promoted each yeard years game 90% of them got overlooked for kids on pads who opened brand new codemaster accounts..

I got heavily trolled on twitter. Do it bother me ,nope because it wouldn't happen if it were on the streets. 

I personally let people get on with it wether they use assists or not.

Don't let it get to you ,I don't 

Edited by senna94f1
  • Agree 2

First up, nobody should be laughing at anyone else in a derogatory way.

On the racing line point, don't the scores on weekly events factor in assists used? Or is racing line not one that affects this?

2 minutes ago, Ultra3142 said:

On the racing line point, don't the scores on weekly events factor in assists used? Or is racing line not one that affects this?

Yes it does play a factor. My point is, if there is a competition and the winner uses any Assists for that matter. They will be given an asterisk beside their name from other competitors who used none.

2 minutes ago, Ultra3142 said:

Well if that's the case get codemasters to remove the emoji that shows laughing 😂😂

2 minutes ago, senna94f1 said:

Well if that's the case get codemasters to remove the emoji that shows laughing 😂😂

I was careful to say 'in a derogatory way' :classic_wink:.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

all I see on this forum is people ganging up on a person if they don't like someone's opinion. 

You get this on every social media. 

It ought to be law that in order to be able to publicly post anywhere you have to use your real name and must register with proper details  

I say this because people actions cause reactions and people nowadays don't take responsibility because they can hide behind closed accounts. 

Had this on twitter. People making fake accounts and talking rubbish just because there was a ps4 update for ACC which affected some T300 users.

Like I say People using assists don't bother me .

We try to have leagues that are either wheel only no assists and another wheel vs pad with assists. 

Its only a game and I have to remember myself that 😆 

Edited by senna94f1
  • Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, Ultra3142 said:

I was careful to say 'in a derogatory way' :classic_wink:.

As you'll read in this post. No one has laughed at anyone. Especially in a derogatory way. 

5 minutes ago, senna94f1 said:

all I see on this forum is people ganging up on a person if they don't like someone's opinion. 

It ought to be law that in order to be able to publicly post anywhere you have to use your real name and must register with proper details  

I say this because people actions cause reactions and people nowadays don't take responsibility because they can hide behind closed accounts. 

Thank you for seeing the obvious. This has happened to me more than once on here. 

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, senna94f1 said:

Because people on Facebook or Twitter who use their real names are never abusive to others...

I know what you mean though. 

• Agree 2

4 minutes ago, Mike5500 said:

As you'll read in this post. No one has laughed at anyone. Especially in a derogatory way. 

And I didn't say they had :classic_smile:. I was trying hard to move past that subject with my post.

• Agree 1