Bug Reporting - PLEASE FOLLOW RULES AND COMPLETE REPORTS Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  

Changing Game difficulty bug

1.       A detailed description of the issue. Please include any error codes here. 

Whenever I change difficulty it doesn't always change correctly. So for instance I lower the difficulty in my team mode to complete the various programmes for resource points. Then I end the sessions and before qualifying I change the difficulty back up to the one I use for races. I then go into qualifying and even though the difficulty is set to the higher level it's still pretty clearly at the lower difficulty. This fixes itself when game goes into Quali 2. I have repeated this bug several times.

2.       Platform

Xbox

3.       What version of the game you are using (Shown on the start screen in the bottom left corner of the screen) 

4.       Game-mode? 

My team, but I think it occurs with any season game mode.

5.       What are your replication numbers? Minimum test attempts are 4. Please also add EXACT replication steps for us to try too. 

Replicated it 10+ times. See description of bug for replication steps.

6.       What troubleshooting have you attempted? Please always try to attempt to fix the issue 

The only fix is to just skip to the next session after where it seems to set to the right difficulty.
7.       What peripherals are you are using (gamepad, wheel make & model etc) 

Xbox controller
8.       Any screenshots or video of the issue? If the video is long, please include a timestamp for when the issue appears.   

N/A

• Agree 1

Posted (edited)

Came onto the forum to raise this exact issue. This is consistently reproducible from what I can tell, and is really affecting the quality of my career mode experience.

It appears as though the change in difficulty setting does not correctly apply to the first session after making the change, but will then apply to the following session. For clarity, I will show a timeline of my sessions below, with my changes and the impact in each session:

1. Previous race difficulty set at 90 AI

2. Select next race weekend - Set Difficulty to 70 in Session Settings

3. Start Free Practice 1 - AI will be representative of 90 difficulty, NOT 70

4. After completing Practice 1, make no changes to settings and start Practice 2 - AI will be representative of 70 AI

5. Once Practice sessions are complete, set AI difficulty back to 90

6. Start Qualifying - AI will be representative of 70 difficulty

7. Select start Race, without changing any settings - AI will be representative of 90 difficulty

In real terms, what this bug results in is very unpredicable results (well, they are now predictable in some sense of course!)

- Practice 1 is out of alignment with other practice sessions, and a bit of a write off for completing the programmes, as at this time you are just getting up to speed; not running at top pace.

- Qualifying is then too easy, I'm unintentionally getting poles and other top 10 starts in a car that shouldn't be far from the back.

- Races are then ruined as an experience, as they are a parade of faster drivers slowly making their way by you.

There is a simple workaround in which I could run the same difficulty for all sessions. However, I feel the practice programmes are too difficult at my optimal race difficulty when I'm taking time to learn or refresh the track and don't feel representative of 'practice'. (This may be by design, and this post is not really about the difficulty level itself... This is just my preference.)

The other workaround is to write off Practice 1, do all of the programmes in Practice 2, then use Practice 3 as the 'wrong' difficulty so that Qualifying is then correct.

Of course, a bug fix would be the best option and the most appreciated!

Edit:

PC, version 1.06, G29, My Team, 100% replication rate

Edited by Lanius1984

There is an easier workaround for this bug. Once you have changed the difficulty in the 'Session Settings' screen by selecting 'Confirm Changes', quit out of the game mode and reload your save. This appears to kick in the difficulty change.

It appears that a lot of the detail for the next session is pre-loaded; I noticed that when selecting 'Advance' to start the next session, you are taken straight to the track intro, without any loading.

I think perhaps difficulty is incorrectly being preloaded here too, hence it not updating on the first session you take part in following the change unless you reload your game.

• Like 1

Exact same thing happens on PS4 as well guys - not changing the difficulty correct between sessions. I do the same thing, achieve the dev points on lower setting, then ramp it up for quali and the race. Often quali is stuck at the lower difficulty, albeit having been changed in the settings.