F1 2020 |NEW PATCH AND DRIVER RATINGS | READ ME!!! Read more... ×
Vote for the best MyTeam story now! Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  

Suggestions from a long time F1 fan and player

Posted (edited)

Suggestions :

- ability to skip practices automatically before every race settings window comes up when loading to not waste time loading practices and then going to qualy manually every time at the workstation
- bring back simulation of races mid race like there was a couple of years ago (obviously make it so that the AI has worse times than actual player)
- give players the ability to remove interviews (apart from selecting rivalrs perhaps, or have a separate screen for that like last year)
- ability to edit each AI driver and AI drivers all together
- more options for race distance? i personally often felt like 5 laps are too little and 25% can sometimes be too long, but something like 15-20% can be ok while still needing to do 1-2 pitstops, cus pitstops are fun
- ability to change tyre wear so we could potentially be forced to do 2 pitstops in 25% race

- add diversity to interviews (mostly to new ones), more celebrations and more different things jeff can say after race wins, etc

- option to add mechanical failures to the player and possibly give the option to remove/enable DRS failures, since it's a bit unrealistic

- improved damage model, tires and front wing shouldn't be the only thing to break, most of the time when you get hit from behind or the side, the other car will wreck his front, but you'll have 0 damage, and that's on simulation damage

- having pit crew moving around the car, they're way too static

- ability to just pit for tyres and continue in qualy if the player has enough fuel for more laps

- now with MyTeam, we could have team orders and 2nd driver strategy

- make it so that when you select a new tyre to fit mid game that the team does not have it actually doesn't let you do it/ notifies you that the tyre is unavailable (as it is now, if you say you want to go to wets and your team doesn't have them, they'll just give you interns and there's no way a player can know that at that moment)

also, AI still broken in some situations, like here

21:25 in this video you can clearly see the bug with AI just moving away from the player and letting them go by, even tho the player has the difficulty set to 110

with all of that being said, there were a few welcome improvements for this year's f1 game, but still lacking a bit of depth and whatnot

Edited by broksaj
  • Agree 1

Posted (edited)

Dude, your forgot about the 10 lap race distance, which is right around that range for longer tracks (shorter ones are 15ish liaps). To figure out exactly where is falls, go to that link and click on any track in the game before doing the following maths: 305 (FIA km race length) divided by track length (round answer up), then 0.2 times the number of laps you just got. For example, a 10-lapper at Silverstone is ~19.5% of the full 52-lapper.

Edited by TurkeySloth2107
Gave the maths to figure it out

29 minutes ago, TurkeySloth2107 said:

Dude, your forgot about the 10 lap race distance, which is right around that range for longer tracks (shorter ones are 15ish liaps). To figure out exactly where is falls, go to that link and click on any track in the game before doing the following maths: 305 (FIA km race length) divided by track length (round answer up), then 0.2 times the number of laps you just got. For example, a 10-lapper at Silverstone is ~19.5% of the full 52-lapper.

Wait, there's a 10 lap race distance in the game? What? 😮

Agree with you

Strategie and Team orders for my Team will be great ( I often hang behind my teammate 😅)

• Agree 1

Posted (edited)
11 hours ago, broksaj said:

Wait, there's a 10 lap race distance in the game? What? 😮

My mistake, mate. You're correct that there's nothing between 5 laps and 25%. I think the mistake came from the fact I was trying to see how close 10 laps would be to your upper bound of 20% because your lower bound of 15% would be less than 10 laps at longer tracks, like Silverstone—where it's 8 laps. But, the basic maths still stands once you sub in the middle length of 18%.

Edited by TurkeySloth2107
  • Agree 1