Forum Championship League | BELGIAN GP 22/01/2021 Read more... ×
F1 2020 | 1.15 PATCH NOW LIVE Read more... ×

Does the AI just never make mistakes?

I’m 10 races into the my team career and the AI just never makes a mistake or crashes the only thing that happens will be someone’s engine will blow up and they get a DNF. Anyone else notice this?

• Agree 2

I was hassling Gasly for about 15 laps in Zandvoort but couldn't get past. Then he had a massive lockup and ran wide off the track and I had him, don't think I would've been able to make a clean move otherwise.

11 minutes ago, Costa said:

The AI this year loses their back end quite often

Maybe it’s because I use medium traction control so it gives it to the AI also

Just now, TylerRunsThis said:

I race on 70%

I see quite a few errors by AI drivers, especially when under pressure on 95% difficulty. 

I have seen may  2-3 losses of traction  but nothing more. 103% ai difficulty.

There are times when they’ll run wide. What is very annoying is them slowing down on parts of the track where there is no need. Danny ric did it to me on Hungary track, I didn’t expect him to do it and slammed into him ruining my chance for points. 

Sometimes I see them locking up to oblivion. There are times when they lose the control of the car in the middle of the straight line, had two occasions that has happened, one in Baku and one in Monza, in the middle of main straight line 😂

8 minutes ago, Hichel18 said:

Sometimes I see them locking up to oblivion. There are times when they lose the control of the car in the middle of the straight line, had two occasions that has happened, one in Baku and one in Monza, in the middle of main straight line 😂

What AI level is this with?

1 hour ago, TylerRunsThis said:

Maybe it’s because I use medium traction control so it gives it to the AI also

Does the game definitely work like this?

Just now, Ultra3142 said:

I would be inclined to disagree, since I use ABS and the AI does lock up its wheels, must work like that with traction control.

I use lowest lvl of traction control and opponents regularly lock up and agree sometimes they lose control when driving in a straight line which is a bit strange ( good as last time it happened bottas took out vettel which gave me a points finish for a change lol)

13 minutes ago, Ultra3142 said:

I use medium TC and I have seen the AI make mistakes and lose the rear end and also seen some crashes where they get totally out of shape, smash into the wall and take 2 or 3 other cars out, so I don’t think the AI run assists like you. 

Edited by johnboy83

Sometimes it kinda reminds me of the mistakes the AI commited in a far away game about the 1998 season, which i deeply like it

3 minutes ago, Hichel18 said:

Sometimes it kinda reminds me of the mistakes the AI commited in a far away game about the 1998 season, which i deeply like it

A Geoff Crammond title by any chance?

5 minutes ago, johnboy83 said:

A Geoff Crammond title by any chance?

Oh, no, though it is the better game in the end, but the one speak of I think it was called Official Formula One Racing. Sometimes the AI would make mistake on track, it would even show to us during race

They were the best for car failures and AI mistakes. And the failures could happen to the player too, and there was such a wide variety of them. 

• Agree 1

ISo far, I have seen them making a lot of mistakes in Vietnam. Ocon and I were fighting for P9 at one stage in the race, and he lost the rear end on the long sweeping left hand corner just after the chicane at the end of the first sector. The next lap, it was Ricciardo who lost the rear end there while he was behind me. A few laps later, Raikkonen did the same mistake while I was 2-3 seconds ahead of him. I noticed it because of the delta gap, and I checked on the replay. I have received instances where some of them lock up into the chicane at the end of the first sector. 

I play on a pad and on 105% difficulty. 

On his My Team Career mode, Aarava had Hamilton, a 95 rated awareness, ran over the kerb on the fast right hander before the split time of the second sector in Bahrain, that lead to a spin, and then Albon colliding with him as his car was on the middle of the racing line. They do make mistakes more compared to last games.

So it sounds like assists aren't a factor but so far only people playing with AI at 95 or above have seen the AI making obvious mistakes...