Jump to content Jump to content

Does the AI just never make mistakes?

2 minutes ago, Ultra3142 said:

So it sounds like assists aren't a factor but so far only people playing with AI at 95 or above have seen the AI making obvious mistakes...

To be honest it makes sense, if they're putting in faster times there's less safety net when mistakes are made. Suddenly your wheel is over the kerb on the grass if you're going faster. 

I've seen the odd crash here and there, especially on the first corner, it could be more lively but I've never really worried about it too much, the racing is hard and challenging, and that's more important for me personally. 

When I got F1 2020 I started with 95 and made my way to 100 now. No assists except for ABS.

AI mistakes are frequent.

My first race ever I had Albon locking up twice while trying to overtake me on the outside and Gasly spinning after touching my rear in a right hander coming in from the inside. First race. The AI mistakes have been numerous to me so let's keep with that.

I've seen the AI making mistakes all by themselves too, without any interference or pressure from me. I've seen lockups from the defending car in a battle taking place a good 0.6+ ahead of me. I've seen Sainz or Ricciardo, don't remember now, spinning hard all by himself on the main straight and Zandvoort while I was more than a second behind. All of these on my first season at My Team.

Could be AI related indeed, @KNT2011 has a point there, but mistakes (specially lockups) used to happen too on F1 2019 while I was on the early 70s.

9 minutes ago, Hichel18 said:

Would be interesting to have race highlights not just from us but from the overall race too

This part of the game is very neglected, I understand why but for me personally I'd love a bit more attention paid to replays and highlights. I recently requested a HUD at least for replays but how in demand it I don't know. 

My beloved F1 2006, You could watch a full length all AI grand prix with full commentary team and TV style broadcast visuals, timing and HUD. 

How many people used this or appreciated the details in the replays and commentary, I don't know, but I adored it. 

• Like 1
14 minutes ago, KNT2011 said:

This part of the game is very neglected, I understand why but for me personally I'd love a bit more attention paid to replays and highlights. I recently requested a HUD at least for replays but how in demand it I don't know. 

My beloved F1 2006, You could watch a full length all AI grand prix with full commentary team and TV style broadcast visuals, timing and HUD. 

How many people used this or appreciated the details in the replays and commentary, I don't know, but I adored it. 

I might be mistaken, but do we not already have that option in Replay, and then selecting which driver? I appreciate you would have to have an inkling about who made the mistake and when, which would be a major time wasting exercise... 

1 hour ago, Ultra3142 said:

So it sounds like assists aren't a factor but so far only people playing with AI at 95 or above have seen the AI making obvious mistakes...

I run 90-95 AI and see mistakes at all difficulties in this bracket. 

1 minute ago, marioho said:

@amazingblaze with the replay, 100% we do. With the highlights? Well I'm ashamed to admit that I watch every god damn race highlight but don't think I ever tried to switch drivers?

You can’t switch drivers when viewing highlights. It would be much better though if highlights included all race events from other cars too. 

• Agree 1

I had an awesome Bahrain battle with Sainz, he ended up late braking on the outside of the other really sharp bend onto the old pit staright and bam! he locked up and went into the fence I didn't even touch him, it was a great battle whilst it lasted