F1 2020 |NEW PATCH AND DRIVER RATINGS | READ ME!!! Read more... ×
Vote for the best MyTeam story now! Read more... ×

Driver Number.

I used to use 99 as a nod to Greg Moore until Giovinazzi came along... Then I used 27 as a nod to Gilles Villeneuve... Then I decided 9 was a perfect middle ground between the two so that's what I am using now.

Used to be 6 for the same reason as @tarrantino, perfect shirt number for a deep-lying/lazy playmaker in Sunday League.

Since Latifi called that one, I'm with 72 at the moment. No reason, just like it.

• Haha 2

My favourite number is 55, but of course I can't use it.

So I'm using number 42, becuase it's the one that the Codemaster 2003's game IndyCar Series (one of my favourite game ever) gives to you when you "create" a new team.

I use 90 because it’s the year of my birth. I’d like to use 16 because it was my number when I used to play football but it’s taken by Leclerc, and I imagine will be for some time!

15 - that's my karting number 😁

I have also used 85 and 88 in the past as this was our team number when I raced for Strathclyde Karting club. But 15 is my personal one so I like to use that 😊

At least anyone with 69 it will look the same whichever way your car is up , and yes i managed to get upside down once at the start of a race , dive bombing up the inside of everyone after a disaster and qualifying 21st on the grid

Posted (edited)

I think I started with 32 for no real reason. Then, I switched to 24 for personal reasons. Now, my main's back to 32 because it was Michael Schumacher's first number. He was my favorite F1 driver, by the way. I may create another character with the number 88 because that was my favorite NASCAR driver's, Dale Earnhardt, Jr., first number. Additionally, his team, JR Motorsports, owns that number.

Edited by TurkeySloth2107

Posted (edited)

My in game number is 56, but I (from memory) would've gone with 24 or 27.

Edit: 24/27 because 2 & 4 added is 6, and 2 & 7 added is 9, which was the range of ages of some of my best days and memories. Also, 2, 4, and 7 are all numbers that have been related to really good moments in my life, and 7 is my "lucky" number I guess...

Edited by OPgiSh0tz
Extra detail & story

95 because of nostalgia, I was only 3 when the first Car movie came out and I wanted to take Lightning McQueen’s racing number ever since that day

• Like 1

I always loved number 12, since a kid, all mystery about this number, 12 months, 24h a day, 12 + 12 haha.

And was number of Ayrton Senna.

I used to use 27 as a nod to the great drivers who had that number. Gilles Villeneuve, Nigel Mansell, Ayrton Senna, Alain Prost, Jean Alesi. But when it was taken by Hulkenberg I switched to 25 which is my favourite day in December.

It would be nice if we could choose the number of retired pilots.  I would like to use 7, but it’s from Kimi, since he’s already retired in my career

73 is the 21st prime number. Its mirror, 37, is the 12th and its mirror, 21, is the product of multiplying 7 and 3.

On 7/28/2020 at 11:41 AM, BluRacer7 said:

70 is my number since Raikkonen is still in F1 with my favourite number 7 as well as Bottas who has 77 so I went with the 3rd option, in 2019 I picked 75 since the fictional driver Devon Butler took my number. Glad 70 is back in 2020 for me to pick up.

2029713095_MyTeamScreenShot2020-07-2222-12-13.thumb.png.4424436e2c2dbc8867762d56a4cc2b67.png

how about a quick storytime from this screenshot? :classic_biggrin:

Picked 76 because of how I got into/seen F1 for the first time which was the Rush Movie, Lauda and Hunt in the year 76'. And I also like the number as well.

14 hours ago, Hichel18 said:

It's clearly a tandem drift session and @BluRacer7 wasn't invited 😉 

On 7/27/2020 at 11:45 PM, GnrDreagon said:

28, the day of the month I was born.

lol, same

On 7/29/2020 at 7:37 PM, Hichel18 said:

I just thought it was a sneak preview of the new 'Original Le Mans start' option that had the added difficulty of having to reverse out onto the track.....

I have also just realised that probably the vast majority of people on here won't even know what the original Le Mans start was. 😭

• Haha 1

64 cause is my birth day reversed 4th June...never liked to race with 46 because i don't like when people are telling me that i use it for valentino rossi and as an italian you can imagine it's frequent (also for my surname that's similar to capirossi)

I use 57. Did they already fix the online Car number glitch where you can't use your own number?

I had 63 for years, simply because I liked it and it was my lucky number. Then some little upstart comes along in the real world and pinches it without so much as asking for permission... kids these days.

• Haha 1