Motorsport Games, Codemasters and FIA World Rallycross Championship presented by Monster Energy partner to create the World RX Esports Invitational Read more... ×

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

[Issue -F1 2015] [PC] Framerate drops.

Hello, I have the following issue. I hope anyone can help. :smile: 

The issue:

My framerate is a solid 60-ish per second. About 2 times per lap, it drops to somewhere around 12 to 15 fps, stays there for 10 seconds, and goes back up again. This happens both in the benchmark as in the championship mode, with cars from both the 2015 and 2014 season.

System Specs: 
Windows 7 SP1 64-bit
CPU: AMD Vishera FX-8350, Eight-Core,
Motherboard: ASUS M5A78L-M/USB3
RAM:  Crucial Ballistix Sport 12GB DDR3-1600,
Video card: Nvidia GTX 750 Ti 2GB, 
Hard Drive: 1000 GB Sata III 

Driving equipment: Using the pedals of the Thrustmaster F430, with the wheel of the Logitech Driving Force GT

DX Diag: http://www.mediafire.com/download/zb49cwq0cexnqr5/DxDiag.txt 

Steps to reproduce
Simply enter a race (Tested with Australian Grand Prix) or run the benchmark. 

What have I  done to try to fix the problem?
Given that I earlier reported some issues on DiRT Rally too, I wanted to check my system first.

Since that other bug report of mine, I've reinstalled Windows, made sure no other major processes were running in the background (Other than Steam)
I've opened up my PC case and cleaned it of any dust (There wasn't much, which wasn't a suprise considering it's not even a year old and well-maintained)
I've kept an eye on the PC temperatures while playing several games, it never reaches oddly high temperatures (Never above 60 degrees celcius in GTA V on pretty high settings, for example)
I have turned down the graphics settings and ran without V-sync to test it.
I've checked whether there was a driver update avaliable for my PC. There wasn't.

How long was your current session?
I've had several sessions. Some were short, with me going in the menu and starting the benchmark straight away. Also I've tried running a 100% race weekend, which I ran till about 50% of the race and saved there because the issues were really annoying me.

Video mode settings:
http://oi61.tinypic.com/1zplf7d.jpg

Advanced Graphics Settings: (This is the turned down graphics)
 http://oi59.tinypic.com/2w3yruq.jpg

Thanks for looking! :smile: 

Finally someone who's not raging like hell and actually giving detailed feedback. Having the same issue and playing is impossible for me atm. Being patient seems to be too much for the guys on steam...

Finally someone who's not raging like hell and actually giving detailed feedback. Having the same issue and playing is impossible for me atm. Being patient seems to be too much for the guys on steam...

Thanks for the compliment, I just figure that the more detailed our reports are, the bigger the chance is that the Codies are actually able to fix it. :smile: