Bug Reporting - PLEASE FOLLOW RULES AND COMPLETE REPORTS Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  

PC patch 1.06 has made game unplayable with loading issues

1.       A detailed description of the issue. Please include any error codes here.

Loading screens take forever, car/player textures are blurry, freezes on black loading screen, getting stuck on post-race laps (goes forever). Utter *****. Was getting consistent 143fps on max settings at 2k with absolutely zero performance issues before this patch

2.       Platform

PC

3.       What version of the game you are using (Shown on the start screen in the bottom left corner of the screen)

4.       Game-mode?

All single-player modes

5.       What are your replication numbers? Minimum test attempts are 4. Please also add EXACT replication steps for us to try too.

Consistently replicated on loading any race, and finishing any race. Career save is currently unplayable as I can't load or skip an invitational event at Suzuka. 

6.       What troubleshooting have you attempted? Please always try to attempt to fix the issue

Verify files, complete reinstall, disabled steam overlay, updated 

7.       What peripherals are you are using (gamepad, wheel make & model etc)

Xbox one controller

1080ti; i9 9900k; 32gb Ram; average temps

Can you add videos and screenshot on your issues please @NathanK23

DXDiag would be helpful too.

Here's what the textures look like in-game. I couldn't get a race to load, as it gets stuck on the black loading screen now. I've also tried running on DX11 to no avail, and diagnostics shows no problems found. 

image.thumb.png.8a0f453f49d09a9ea7c1f1ba673c79cb.png

Try reverting back to 446.16. Also, what are you Anti-Aliasing settings?

Rolling back driver resulted in no change, have reinstalled latest now, and no change still. Same results with all Anti-Aliasing options including off. Worth noting that the textures in the store take a long time to load as seen below, where they were previously instant.

image.thumb.png.ec9add7f49a5e4a4c86c01fc74f8b942.png

How does this translate to the in-game racing? Any differences?

I believe these loading times correlate to the loading issues when launching/finishing sessions. During in-game racing the textures on the player model (helmet/suit) and car model (livery only) are as blurry as you see in the attached screenshots. Environment does not appear to be affected.

Posted (edited)

I have a similar problem after update 1.06.

the game became unplayable even though I previously played 1440p with Nvidia DSR and fixed 60fps all the time on High.

the problem does not occur when starting the game in DX11. However, in DX11 it works worse and it is not possible to enable Nvidia DSR.
Before update 1.06, everything worked fine.

I have 24GB of RAM, and the game uses a maximum of 3.5GB and all the time, during the race, it reads data from the disk up to 100mb / s (SSD)

I checked the settings of the computer components, but your stupid Denuvo does not allow it and I have to wait 24 hours again, because I made a correction in the computer's bios. I paid for a game I can't play.

if I check another graphics card from a friend, you will also block the possibility of turning on the game for 24 hours? I have to wait until some normal person crack the game so that I can play it normally?

image.png

Edited by ArturMoander

2 hours ago, ArturMoander said:

I have a similar problem after update 1.06.

the game became unplayable even though I previously played 1440p with Nvidia DSR and fixed 60fps all the time on High.

the problem does not occur when starting the game in DX11. However, in DX11 it works worse and it is not possible to enable Nvidia DSR.
Before update 1.06, everything worked fine.

I have 24GB of RAM, and the game uses a maximum of 3.5GB and all the time, during the race, it reads data from the disk up to 100mb / s (SSD)

I checked the settings of the computer components, but your stupid Denuvo does not allow it and I have to wait 24 hours again, because I made a correction in the computer's bios. I paid for a game I can't play.

if I check another graphics card from a friend, you will also block the possibility of turning on the game for 24 hours? I have to wait until some normal person crack the game so that I can play it normally?

image.png

Wait, Denuvo stops you loading a new graphics card or changing the BIOS?

Never had such an issue and have run the game on setups where I've changed CPU, GPU, NIC and Audio device. I always update BIOS and never an issue.

Exact circumstances of the block?

5 hours ago, NIColas17ar said:

you solved it??????'

How old are you? 6?

On PC in version 1.06 in the MyTeam career, I also have experience infinite black loading screens at the end of races after the podium cutscene which require shut down of the game.  It doesn't save the race result and then you either have to race the whole race again or from a mid-session save.

Its the same story on PS4. I made another thread about it. The game takes a while to load, especially after the grid lineup presentation. Same goes for the blur. Almost always your My Team car livery is blurry during races. Sometimes the facilities get blurry too.

So in short this is probably an issue on all platforms