Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Formula 1 deservers better than Codemasters

Where do I begin?

Early reports from people having bugs and hardware issues. Codemasters hardly communicating with the community, despite promising to do better this year. And just like the promise to communicate more with us, they also promised us a whole new game experience after delivering hardly anything worthwhile last year.

Well, guess what? Last year's half-assed attempt is acutally better than this year's full-on failure.

- No carrer mode
- No co-op mode
- No safety car in a freaking Formula 1 game
- Damage system is a joke
- AI is still far from perfect and is far too easy to outdrive even on Legend
- Handling, I admit, is improved. But still a far cry from being a simulation
- Why the hell can't I chose the practice/qualifying/race length individually in the Championship mode?

Like I said in the title, F1 deserves better than this. And I hope Codemasters looses the license after 2016's half-assed attempt. At this point I'd rather have no F1 game than even one more from this studio.
Needles to say I already got my refund from Steam.

Yeah the damage model annoys me a lot, they were even bragging that they were adding even more real damage scale, that even the slightest touch could ruin your race. This would maker aces more interesting, instead the cars are more tank like than ever before!

I bet someone will use the excuse "they're not allowed to do it as part of the license agreement".... yeah like the FIA care, they don't even bother to advertise the game. The same argument happened for years with Gran Turismo games, then Forza came along and then people like the Forza devs came along and said it isn't true and they have damage, The difference was Turn 10 are competent and the GT developers are still using PS2 models and have admitted they'll be in GT7 as well...

Codemasters could do damage to the scale of the new Dirt game, they just don't want to do it because they want to appeal to a wider audience apparently and probably don't feel like it's worth the time. 

Yeah the damage model annoys me a lot, they were even bragging that they were adding even more real damage scale, that even the slightest touch could ruin your race. This would maker aces more interesting, instead the cars are more tank like than ever before!
Yeah, I remember a tweet (though I can't find it now) that mentioned how you're supposed to look out for a little touches with other cars since this is enough to damage your front wing.

Also, how is it possible we still don't have wheel tethers in-game? Would be a pain in the arse to program them in? Yes, probably. Would it be worth since it's the fucking official F1 game? YES

the problem of Damages is PEGI 3, not FOM.
The thing is, everybody mentions the ones responsible for this problem, but no one has ever provided a source for their claims.

That being said, source?

Gameplay depth is impossible when you stay in the middle, trying to appeal everyone.

Regarding all broken promises about being more talkative toward the community, and blahblah..., no comment.

And after watching some more videos on it, what exactly was the point of the TV-like presentation?

If I want the TV-experience you know what I do? That's right. I watch the TV broadcast! In doing that I even get Martin Brundle.
What we've got is just one or two fancy cutscenes, a podium scene which already gets stale, and game that feels nothing like TV, but rather like a hollow shell.

Remember, graphics/presentation become outdated really quick, good game design is timeless.

hahahahahahahahaha codemasters please just now fuck off and let some other company take the game on, i would even like to see EA  have another go at making a f1 game,,

and all the fanboys who has defended this game can go and fuck off too its a joke 
Actually not seen the usual suspects today  mmpaw  boozy33 etc thay were on the warpath yesterday  giving me hell  because i was trying to stop people wasteing 44.99 on thi crapfest .

gmd1970 said:
hahahahahahahahaha codemasters please just now fuck off and let some other company take the game on, i would even like to see EA  have another go at making a f1 game,,

and all the fanboys who has defended this game can go and fuck off too its a joke 
Actually not seen the usual suspects today  mmpaw  boozy33 etc thay were on the warpath yesterday  giving me hell  because i was trying to stop people wasteing 44.99 on thi crapfest .

I think the average age of a gamer is around 32 years old and if wasting as you call it 44.99 on a game is breaking the bank at that age you better sort your life out.

There is a rumour that iRacing will grab the F1 license in the future.

STEFAN said:
gmd1970 said:

I think the average age of a gamer is around 32 years old and if wasting as you call it 44.99 on a game is breaking the bank at that age you better sort your life out.
It's more like, should devs get any money whatsoever on a half-assed job. Besides, no matter your age, no matter how well off you are, you should be bothered about where your money goes and whom you support with it.

It's more like, should devs get any money whatsoever on a half-assed job. Besides, no matter your age, no matter how well off you are, you should be bothered about where your money goes and whom you support with it.
+1

Foztez said:
There is a rumour that iRacing will grab the F1 license in the future.
God i hope so  way  CMs taking  f1  mario karts going to have  more sim options  sadly the muppets  we have now will keep the licence   . 

gmd1970 said:

Yes and Wynterdust is another one that just spams and reports you if you post a negative (and usually true) comment!!

STEFAN said:
gmd1970 said:

Something a poor person says

STEFAN said:
gmd1970 said:

I have blown plenty of money on games i have thought are trash but i get over it and move on, why cry over something that has happened.

STEFAN said:
gmd1970 said:

Yes....And Wynterdust is another one who spams and disagrees if you make a negative (and generally true) comment, and JasonWilko also, but i don't know if he still patrols this forum!!!

STEFAN said:
gmd1970 said:

I have blown plenty of money on games i have thought are trash but i get over it and move on, why cry over something that has happened.