Bug Reporting - PLEASE FOLLOW RULES AND COMPLETE REPORTS Read more... ×
F1 2020 |NEW PATCH AND DRIVER RATINGS | READ ME!!! Read more... ×

Fps drop/ Screen Stuttering on all modes

Posted (edited)

1.       A detailed description of the issue. Please include any error codes here. 

The game was running better than ever till yesterday but after updating to patch 1.06, I am facing massive frame drops like from 60-70 to just 10-20 which makes the game unplayable as I lose control of the car. This issue occurs randomly throughout sessions (practice, quali, race, everywhere) on all kind of modes on all tracks especially split screen where I am unable to achieve fps rates of more than 35-40 anymore, even normally. In addition to fps drops, I am experiencing screen stuttering and sometimes game audio isn't audible and some static white noise is heard when the game lags. Within a few seconds it gets a bit alright but when you think its fine, it hits back again and ruins the session as if it was in a loop. Highly frustrating !! I was able to run the game fine till yesterday.

2.       Platform

Steam - Windows 10 PC

3.       What version of the game you are using (Shown on the start screen in the bottom left corner of the screen) 

v1.06

4.       Game-mode? 

All modes (split screen being most problematic)

5.       What are your replication numbers? Minimum test attempts are 4. Please also add EXACT replication steps for us to try too. 

Since the update rolled out and I started facing the issue, I have restarted the game for >10 times or so. Also, rebooted my pc after applying various troubleshooting several times. 

6.       What troubleshooting have you attempted? Please always try to attempt to fix the issue 

I have lowered all graphic settings to ultra low, lowered all kind of Nvidia optimization settings through Geforce experience. I also set the game to run on high performance settings over high quality settings through Nvidia control panel. I checked all system drivers for updates and they are all up-to date. I ran DirectX diagnostics and ran system compatibility troubleshooter but got no errors. I have monitored system temperatures and they seem to be normal and within range (CPU, GPU, Motherboard, everything). I tried playing other games, which are heavier and they run better than ever. I have also tried monitoring background processes and stopped the once I deemed unnecessary, although they weren't using much resources. I also kept tabs on network connection, power consumption, CPU and RAM usage and it all seems to be fine too. As you can see I have tried everything that came to my resort before coming here.

7.       What peripherals are you are using (gamepad, wheel make & model etc) 

Xbox One controllers 

8.       Any screenshots or video of the issue? If the video is long, please include a timestamp for when the issue appears.  

Since, the issue occurs randomly its quite difficult to record and upload and it would be almost undetectable in screenshots. 

Edited by AyushShukla27
Formatting
  • Agree 1

I have the same problem after 1.0.6 update. I player before on High settings and 1440p with 60fps stable. Right now i have many stutters and frame drops on Ultra Low graphic on gtx980.

My SSD Drive reading something all the time during race, this is dramatic. I think that HDD read sequeence makeing this frame drops.

I noticed this issue too on ps4. Mostly when the safety car is out

I have the same problem after 1.0.6 update. I player before on High settings and 1440p with 60fps stable. Right now i have many stutters and frame drops on Ultra Low graphic on gtx980.

My SSD Drive reading something all the time during race, this is dramatic. I think that HDD read sequeence makeing this frame drops.

After update 1.0.6 the game is unplayable on aby graphic settings. I reinstalled windows 10 and game, and game running like before, unplayable.

Same. stutters become increasingly frequent. (Especially in online play) 
Some of it seems to be related with perpetual "communicating with online services" because it usually stutters (among other moments) right before that appears top left. 

6 hours ago, RemWal96 said:

I noticed this issue too on ps4. Mostly when the safety car is out

I get the same issue on Xbox One. There is a slighy FPS drop during the formation lap,and then a major FPS and graphics drop when the safety car is out.

First happened in V1.05, and is still an issue in V1.06.

• Agree 1

Same. The whole thing started around v1.05 and the game is still not stutter free at 1.06.

I will capture it as soon as possible, but keep in mind the problem is way worse than what my compressed 720p30fps video is going to show from the xbox build in capture card

• Agree 1

Posted (edited)

@BarryBL Okay I have created two clips. Unfortunately it is 30 fps so you dont see the extreme dip (and rise in fps after SC goes back in) in fps on the main screen. HOWEVER, the virtual mirror its fps is always half of the main view I noticed, so I used that to my advantage. The mirror indeed VISIBLY changes in fps in both clips between 30 and 15 fps.

As I already mentioned, this is a HUGE performance drop, and has way more impact than visible on the clips. 

Edited by TasmanianTiger
Readability

Posted (edited)

An here the fps goes back up

Take notice how the Haas in the mirror comes nearer at 10fps, until the safety car goes in and the haas completes its catching up to the pack at 30fps. Again this problem affects the entire screen its fps massively, its just not visible on the video

Edited by TasmanianTiger
Clarification

Faced kinda same issue when I tried screen recording. The difference being that with me, the issue happens frequently and on random intervals, irrespective of whether I am in pitlane or the safety car is out or in, to put it simply, nothing triggers it, it seems to happen any time. Good point with the mirrors.

@BarryBL I see there are multiple threads about the issue, but I believe this is the most complete one. Can you give us an update please on this bug? 

I would appreciate an update too - strange that the game ran fine before the patch and now there are these stutters

With developers and a fix is in test at this stage. Thanks for the patience on this.

Same problem here since the first release of the game. Corei5 6600 + GeForce RTX 2070 + 16 GB RAM, game installed on SSD. Any information on the possible resolution of this issue?

On 7/29/2020 at 12:06 AM, ArturMoander said:

I have the same feeling. Any suggestion from codemasters?

Edited by Quentin79

On 7/28/2020 at 3:04 PM, AyushShukla27 said:

1.       A detailed description of the issue. Please include any error codes here. 

The game was running better than ever till yesterday but after updating to patch 1.06, I am facing massive frame drops like from 60-70 to just 10-20 which makes the game unplayable as I lose control of the car. This issue occurs randomly throughout sessions (practice, quali, race, everywhere) on all kind of modes on all tracks especially split screen where I am unable to achieve fps rates of more than 35-40 anymore, even normally. In addition to fps drops, I am experiencing screen stuttering and sometimes game audio isn't audible and some static white noise is heard when the game lags. Within a few seconds it gets a bit alright but when you think its fine, it hits back again and ruins the session as if it was in a loop. Highly frustrating !! I was able to run the game fine till yesterday.

2.       Platform

Steam - Windows 10 PC

3.       What version of the game you are using (Shown on the start screen in the bottom left corner of the screen) 

v1.06

4.       Game-mode? 

All modes (split screen being most problematic)

5.       What are your replication numbers? Minimum test attempts are 4. Please also add EXACT replication steps for us to try too. 

Since the update rolled out and I started facing the issue, I have restarted the game for >10 times or so. Also, rebooted my pc after applying various troubleshooting several times. 

6.       What troubleshooting have you attempted? Please always try to attempt to fix the issue 

I have lowered all graphic settings to ultra low, lowered all kind of Nvidia optimization settings through Geforce experience. I also set the game to run on high performance settings over high quality settings through Nvidia control panel. I checked all system drivers for updates and they are all up-to date. I ran DirectX diagnostics and ran system compatibility troubleshooter but got no errors. I have monitored system temperatures and they seem to be normal and within range (CPU, GPU, Motherboard, everything). I tried playing other games, which are heavier and they run better than ever. I have also tried monitoring background processes and stopped the once I deemed unnecessary, although they weren't using much resources. I also kept tabs on network connection, power consumption, CPU and RAM usage and it all seems to be fine too. As you can see I have tried everything that came to my resort before coming here.

7.       What peripherals are you are using (gamepad, wheel make & model etc) 

Xbox One controllers 

8.       Any screenshots or video of the issue? If the video is long, please include a timestamp for when the issue appears.  

Since, the issue occurs randomly its quite difficult to record and upload and it would be almost undetectable in screenshots. 

Same for me, during league races same thing When someone is rejoining or leaving. Platform xbox one

I also had this issue only started when and after the safety car came out though don't know if its a coincidence. usually, like 100-150 fps but I went straight down to about 15-30 when it happened last corner of Austria for me every lap after saftey car